Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strong Sauce posted:

He's a cast member on SNL.. so yes maybe he's a little busy. also who the gently caress cares.

I just think it is extremely funny to think of what it would be like to watch that dude walk by, staring into his phone and talking like he has received a head injury

Imagine being one of those dudes he walks by, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

I think a good chunk goes back into the pockets of the US war industry and related contractors, so it's not just pure altruism.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

MrMojok posted:

I know I’m way late but his “I thought there unlimited strikes in jury selection” poo poo is just obscene. He seriously believed he could drag it out indefinitely by striking juror after juror.
As with all things Trump, there's a grain of truth there. You do get unlimited strikes in jury selection--if you can show cause for each juror you want to strike. But Trump's rotted narcissistic brain takes the phrase he likes, "unlimited strikes", and immediately extrapolates it out to the thing that he believes will benefit him the most personally.

It's the same with his poo poo about "they didn't allow me to have a jury" or "they said MAL was only worth $18m". Those are both true things that happened, but they happened because Trump is a crime elemental and his lawyers are loving incompetent. But Trump's mind has taken those grains of truth and conveniently filtered out all the details that don't make him look like the bestest boy and/or the most persecuted victim who has ever been persecuted. It'd be sad if it was happening to someone who wasn't a loving Nazi, but it is happening to a loving Nazi, so :rubby:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

I'm not usually one for rando's wittering while wandering around but this was amazing, cheers.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

started hearing money for nothing in my head before I even finished reading.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SamBishop posted:

It's really nice hearing her voice again, but didn't some really hosed up poo poo go down with the Opening Arguments podcast? I'll admit I haven't really followed it since everything imploded and Thomas left/lawsuits started flying (the dynamic wasn't the same without him playing layman/cracking jokes). I'd like to still be a fan of hers, but I'm cautious.

Yes. Sexual harassment poo poo went down and the podcast exploded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenArgs/comments/10u2u8i/summary_of_all_the_accusationsallegations_against/

Not sure what happened after that, after Thomas made accusations that Andrew made an advance on him I just stopped listening. Which is a shame because it was a good podcast.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

staberind posted:

I'm not usually one for rando's wittering while wandering around but this was amazing, cheers.

That dude gets paid a bunch of money to put on "TRUMP" makeup and prosthetics and do this poo poo on TV every weekend

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

That dude gets paid a bunch of money to put on "TRUMP" makeup and prosthetics and do this poo poo on TV every weekend

Yeah, SNL, I gathered that, Not much of a telly fella here, but I think it was more "this is the opposite of what I'd like, why is it so goooood"? which basically means I should broaden my views a bit; ad-lib can occasionally be amazing, I'm reminded of Jonathan Pie.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Official Ambassador for Log Cabin Republicans

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Little surprised at the choice of a baby for a republican ambassador but I do admit she seems to have the gist of it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

If you’re that proud of it why would you say “the n-word”

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the usual republican line up: smiley guy, smiley guy, scowly guy, blonde lady. the only problem is their dark haired lady is smiling instead of staring sternly.
and i don't see "smiling minority".

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, this woman is going to be lonely when her daughter grows up and never calls her or acknowledges her existence

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The full pics are even funnier.

Tiny desk in a room not designed for it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hrmmmm how to kowtow to the party that kicked us out of their caucuses and wants to strip us of our rights?
I have the perfect idea!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tfw you're told to stay after presser

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

staberind posted:

Is a member of the current cast of SNL who plays Trump in all the SNL sketches consider a rando now?

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Captain Fargle posted:

From what I understand Arizona and New Mexico used to be a single territory and Arizona is the part that sided with the Confederacy in the Civil War which is why they're split.

This is substantially correct. More detail for history nerds:
  • Before the American Civil War (and after the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo), everything south of the Colorado Territory and west of Texas and the Oklahoma Territory was the New Mexico Territory.
  • Until you hit California, which was colonized by Spain, and also transferred from Mexico to the US at the end of the Mexican-American War
  • This made the New Mexico Territory a potentially strategic military asset, because it was the only overland route to the Pacific which didn't involve transiting the Rockies (and possibly also the Cascades)
  • There was already agitation by Confederate sympathizers in New Mexico, but to help things along...
  • ...Texas, who had been raiding New Mexico since the 1840s, and had agreed to relinquish their resulting claims on the Santa Fe region as a result of the Missouri Compromise...
  • ...invaded again in 1862
  • This would lead to the splitting of the territory into the New Mexico and Arizona territories, but the original split was north-south instead of the existing east-west split
  • And when this happened, all the Conferderate sympathizers went to live in the new slave-owning promised land of Arizona Territory

Therefore, Arizona has always been full of shitheads.

mdxi fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 18, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

staberind posted:

Yeah, SNL, I gathered that, Not much of a telly fella here, but I think it was more "this is the opposite of what I'd like, why is it so goooood"? which basically means I should broaden my views a bit; ad-lib can occasionally be amazing, I'm reminded of Jonathan Pie.

He's got a good video impersonating Trump talking about Pokemon.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Batterypowered7 posted:

He's got a good video impersonating Trump talking about Pokemon.

His best one is where he’s Trump complaining about Scooby-Doo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-ZBYyjsko

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

They think Trump campaigning in NYC will him NYC?

Lmao, he might be hated in that city than anywhere else in the world

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

:hmbol:

They think Trump campaigning in NYC will him NYC?

Lmao, he might be hated in that city than anywhere else in the world

"campaigning"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Was this the meme that got entered into the judicial record yesterday?

God I can’t wait to see what gets read aloud tomorrow.
:munch:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Official Ambassador for Log Cabin Republicans

Aw poo poo, I didn't know Buck Angel was a self hating chud :smith:

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Small Strange Bird posted:

Want a Trump rap with hand-crafted lyrics inspired by this very thread? Sure you do! https://www.udio.com/songs/c7KUG8QBw92qLT92UNdxJ1

quote:

Hypnotic wobble when he talk - better clear the deck
Something's gone wrong, I wanna bone his neck!

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I remember a post or two that could have inspired that

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:trumppop::lmao:

This is the perfect picture. I want this tattooed on my arm

Many people are saying, all the great art scholars are saying it. This is the perfect picture. Trump mouth curling up like the grinch

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Scags McDouglas posted:

We ran blue for the Obama years and then turned into a safe haven for migrant chuds. Everyone with the gumption to escape flipped GA instead.

Now this bullshit place for bullshit people (myself included) is Red as can be.

Nah.. statewide we are turning blue steadily, but the GOP has been in charge for so long that they have very successfully gerrymandered the districts to remain in power in the legislature, even as they are losing the demographics battle over time. I could be wrong, but with such a narrow current majority, I think the bullshit this last year+ may be enough to finally shift the legislature.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Big https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en energy

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Devils Affricate posted:

Aw poo poo, I didn't know Buck Angel was a self hating chud :smith:

He has been for years.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

staberind posted:

I hope you're not suggesting that Jonathan Pie, the 'centrist' that had all of his material written by Andrew Doyle (who writes for a literal nazi rag and ran that insanely cringe 'Titania McGrath' account), is capable of ad-lib.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RFK VP

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Elderly Donald Dennis the Menace finally faces the music after decades of crime! Incredibly, he smirks at the jury, apparently daring them to find him guilty...the scamp!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I don't understand is she posting about herself being vaxxed but it's a bad thing?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Infinitum posted:

The full pics are even funnier.

Tiny desk in a room not designed for it.

didnt 2017 have Don do a desk pic of """"""""""""writing"""""""""" his inauguration speech at Margo's front desk.

also lol at hand writing speechs in 2024, yeah yeah photo op,but still

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Elephunk posted:

I don't understand is she posting about herself being vaxxed but it's a bad thing?

Pretty much. She is just a dumb gently caress who thinks she knows more than boat loads of doctors. Someone she knows, the 1 in 1000000, had a reaction to it so it must be bad.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Pikavangelist posted:

He has been for years.

Yeah, he's a real rear end in a top hat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at humans and their bad maths and number sense.

whats the micro mort rating of even the riskiest vac vs driving?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

oh yeah, this is absolutely pulling votes from biden, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Civil posted:

I think a good chunk goes back into the pockets of the US war industry and related contractors, so it's not just pure altruism.

I believe they mostly use the money they're given to buy weapons from the US, I think the US can't actually give them weapons directly. I'm sure someone will correct me with more accurate information.