Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
There are no biggest "gently caress the Yankees" posters on this forum :v:

e: If anything it's a compliment that Yankees fans in your office are so obsessed with the Astros, davecrazy. They're mad the Astros have never lost to them in the playoffs. The way more annoying type of Yankees posting is where a fan might, say, indicate that the Yankees have the right to trade for and sign players above other teams that might be offering more money/better prospects and deserve to be in the playoffs/CS/WS every year by virtue of being the Yankees

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Luis Severino is good again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

folks we've got ourselves a :siren:BALK CONTROVERSY:siren:
https://x.com/BallySportsCLE/status/1780748185113104867

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a balk call that no one can explain? unprecedented :v:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you can't be entertained by the astros having a worse record than the A's, you're a joyless freak.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Went to look it up cause I misremembered Orlando Arcia as having signed for only two years, and I was gonna wonder if Atlanta just brings him back with a respectable raise but a similarly short-term commitment. He's actually signed through next season ($7.3m/3y) with a club option for '26.

Obviously not the biggest deal as far as bargains Atlanta has gotten recently but that price for a guy who does completely fine toward the bottom of one of the best lineups ever assembled, has a solid glove at a premium position and fits in great with the clubhouse is also kinda nuts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

certainly beats paying dansby 25m AAV through age 35

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Obviously I'm biased but if you think that's a balk I want whatever you're smoking.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like what's even supposed to be the balk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Like what's even supposed to be the balk

he forgot to unclip his Balking Harness, that's a Violation.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do you have to come set after looking at the runner? I've never heard that though. In fact Ive seen plenty of pitchers start their motion while still looking at the runner

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

time to consult the authoritative jon bois balk rules

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
gently caress the Astros

Dodger fans also hate them btw

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

davecrazy posted:

When will Yankees fans ever get the gently caress over it?

To hell with that. I’m still not over 2004 and that was a.) 20 years ago, and b.) an actual legitimate loss.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

time to consult the authoritative jon bois balk rules

That's right.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
As a Braves fan, I don't have a problem with the Astros. Simply defeat them in the playoffs. It's not that hard

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

davecrazy posted:

When will Yankees fans ever get the gently caress over it?

God help me for defending this post, but maybe the Astros should consider not cheating instead.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

God help me for defending this post, but maybe the Astros should consider not cheating instead.

Davecrazy is just a bitter met fan

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

LobsterMobster posted:

As a Braves fan, I don't have a problem with the Astros. Simply defeat them in the playoffs. It's not that hard

I mean it was for a while there

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

"No you don't understand, pitchers love pitching to World Series Winner Austin Hedges, his defense is great and his framing is elite, it doesn't matter if his bat is bad"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Monathin posted:

"No you don't understand, pitchers love pitching to World Series Winner Austin Hedges, his defense is great and his framing is elite, it doesn't matter if his bat is bad"

his line is almost identical to jose abreu lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Nodoze posted:

Davecrazy is just a bitter met fan

We're over .500!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m glad the Yankees lost in 2017 because it gives their fans something to talk about besides “kiss the rings.” It’s a breath of fresh air. The Astros did a public good with that one.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

certainly beats paying dansby 25m AAV through age 35

:wrong: Mansby owns and it’s not my money

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Oof, you hitting me right in the 90s. Even if there is something more recent.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's 8:34PM on a Wednesday why is baseball done for the night?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

It's 8:34PM on a Wednesday why is baseball done for the night?

You could watch the Bulls still

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's right. congrats to the few people who did the Reinsdorf Challenge today and went to the Sox double-header and bulls play-in game for like $60.00.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

LobsterMobster posted:

Look even the White Sox did it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Intruder posted:

his line is almost identical to jose abreu lol

gotta say Abreu looked real bad

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

more falafel please posted:

Look even the White Sox did it

Cardinals did it too.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mike Scott was a cheating ball scuffing fuckface who played for the Astros and the Mets beat him fair and square. Yet the Yankees will be aggrieved until the end of time because somebody banged on a garbage can.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

elentar posted:

gotta say Abreu looked real bad

looks can be deceiving

can be

but aren't in this case

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Mike Scott was a cheating ball scuffing fuckface who played for the Astros and the Mets beat him fair and square. Yet the Yankees will be aggrieved until the end of time because somebody banged on a garbage can.

Yes because gently caress the Astros

If this was a Philly team and not the Astros you be screaming from high heaven until the heat death of the universe don't even pretend otherwise

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

drat, the White Sox win today knocks them off pace for the worst record of all time. That’s the only thing I’m cheering for this year.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Look, the important thing to take away here is that the Astros are only the third worst team in all of baseball.

e: only fourth worst!

Dameius fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 18, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

resident posted:

drat, the White Sox win today knocks them off pace for the worst record of all time. That’s the only thing I’m cheering for this year.

No one is ever going to touch the 1899 Spiders record. Their owner also owned the St Louis Browns (Cardinals), which is now illegal for the obvious reason that he traded all the best Spiders players to St Louis for peanuts, including Cy Young.

They averaged under 200 fans per game the first month of the season, at which point opponents refused to travel to Cleveland to play them because their cut of the gate proceeds wouldn't even offset travel costs. So they played the rest of the season exclusively on the road.

That kind of bottom-feeding is just not possible in the context of modern baseball monopoly.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

No one is ever going to touch the 1899 Spiders record. Their owner also owned the St Louis Browns (Cardinals), which is now illegal for the obvious reason that he traded all the best Spiders players to St Louis for peanuts, including Cy Young.

They averaged under 200 fans per game the first month of the season, at which point opponents refused to travel to Cleveland to play them because their cut of the gate proceeds wouldn't even offset travel costs. So they played the rest of the season exclusively on the road.

That kind of bottom-feeding is just not possible in the context of modern baseball monopoly.

give bob nutting a chance

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

give bob nutting a chance

for some reason I thought he died like a year ago

e: the sound of GA shouting god I wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

bawfuls posted:

It wasn't just those two teams, half the league at that time owned the other half and did the same thing. Louisville's good players were sent to Pittsburgh (most notably, Honus Wagner), Cincinnati's good players were sent to New York (most notably, Christy Mathewson). It badly weakened the league and gave the financial impetus for the American League to take root.