Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

lol leveraging Israel and Ecuador both violating embassies to whip the vote

god if it's just the us and ecuador vetoing, :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

god if it's just the us and ecuador vetoing, :discourse:

at least based on those leaked articles it seems to be heading that way

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

coming around to thinking the rules based international order does not rule, is not based, and isn't international

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if theres anything even remotely postive to come out of this vile awful mess is that the us and assorted vassals (israel included) have permanently damaged their reputations and destroyed their gimmick on rules

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

yeah it's pretty crystal clear to just about every non-nato country in the world that america would watch them burn if they felt it was politically convenient so the next logical step is to gain favor with china instead

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Owlbear Camus posted:

coming around to thinking the rules based international order does not rule, is not based, and isn't international

We'll just rebrand, I'm thinking Prestige Worldwide.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if you're lucky and white enough america might be willing to funnel trillions of dollars of weapons into your country to sustain decades of warfare in your neighborhood

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Spoondick posted:

if you're lucky and white enough america might be willing to funnel trillions of dollars of weapons into your country to sustain decades of warfare in your neighborhood

it's kind of funny to watch the us be dragged hair-first into the israel-iran war spending billions making sure they don't have to bleed their own blood, while chastening ukraine over loving with the sacred number by attacking russian oil as they fight what a year ago we were told was a noble existential war

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Spoondick posted:

But before you accept make sure they think you are Israel white and not Ukraine white or the 'warfare in your neighbourhood' will mean something very different.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Owlbear Camus posted:

And it's very disordered as well

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/yb0fvf?update=2843695

quote:

25,000 tonnes of explosives dropped on Gaza, ‘largely’ using AI: UN expert

Francesca Albanese, the UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territory, has said that 25,000 tonnes of explosives have been dropped on Gaza, “largely identified as targets by Artificial Intelligence (AI)”.

Albanese added that 250 people were killed per day during the first weeks of Israel’s assault on the Gaza Strip when she says 2000-pound “bunker buster bombs” were “launched on densely populated areas”.

Albanese made the comments after Israel’s Ambassador to the United Kingdom Tzipi Hotovely told the UK broadcaster Sky News “just imagine how things would have looked” if a huge missile fell “in the middle of a city like Jerusalem”.

“Just think about it hitting neighbourhoods and people and children,” Hotovely said.

Hotovely made the comments in an interview about the missiles and drones Iran launched on Israel on Saturday night, that she acknowledged caused “barely no damage.”

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/seventy-years-world-war-two-thousands-tons-unexploded-bombs-germany-180957680/

quote:

Between 1940 and 1945, U.S. and British air forces dropped 2.7 million tons of bombs on Europe, half of that amount on Germany. By the time the Nazi government surrendered, in May 1945, the industrial infrastructure of the Third Reich—railheads, arms factories and oil refineries—had been crippled, and dozens of cities across Germany had been reduced to moonscapes of cinder and ash.

1% of the way to the total explosives dropped on Europe by the allies during WWII

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It's hard to get a sense of scale, but an F-16 can carry 8000 pounds of bombs. That's double what a B-17 typically carried on missions over Northwest Europe.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/LCaraciki/status/1780506310548545669

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

this is a pretty big story... nothing?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah, it's wild just how much BIGGER planes are now compared to WW2

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

hailthefish posted:

yeah, it's wild just how much BIGGER planes are now compared to WW2

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Saint-tier restraint going on for the reporter to avoid saying "Like in Gaza?"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Fast Luck posted:

this is a pretty big story... nothing?

it doesnt matter, nothing will stop the us

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Neurolimal posted:

Saint-tier restraint going on for the reporter to avoid saying "Like in Gaza?"

restraint or cowardice?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dixon Chisholm posted:

restraint or cowardice?

We know what would happen, “do you condemn Hamas”, beheaded babes, sexual assault, antisemitic etc etc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i fear it wouldn't have even occurred to the reporter

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

no I commend hamas

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
https://twitter.com/EmissaryOfNight/status/1780720777706266796

Do you think abbas regrets being the traitor champ of the world at this point

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wow, going to the White House to meet a genocidal, pants-making GBS threads old man instead of sovereignty for his people. What a bargain for Abbas...

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wow, going to the White House to meet a genocidal, pants-making GBS threads old man instead of sovereignty for his people. What a bargain for Abbas...

doesn't seem much different than his usual meetings, but this time he gets an overseas trip

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Valleyant posted:

he was happy to dance to the tune for the last 20 years.
But going into the UN to ask pretty please can we have a statehood is his one move he cant abandon that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

tbf it's a great opportunity to tell Joe Biden to his face what a useless piece of poo poo he is

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
president of what

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

when I’m in a betraying my own people to appease a fascist state that considers me subhuman vermin contest and my opponent is mahmoud abbas

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

president of what

Palestine

Spoondick posted:

yeah it's pretty crystal clear to just about every non-nato country in the world that america would watch them burn if they felt it was politically convenient so the next logical step is to gain favor with china instead

Also nato countries

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Abbas is pushing 90, could his body even withstand a transatlantic flight at this point?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Bouillon Rube posted:

Abbas is pushing 90, could his body even withstand a transatlantic flight at this point?

Just give him some of that biden meth and he'll be all right

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

When I see stuff like this I try to think of something funny to say, but after about 5 seconds the hypocrisy and callousness makes something in my brain snap. All I can imagine is caps lock ranting and raving at the depravity.

Then I go back to reading this thread.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Valleyant posted:

https://twitter.com/EmissaryOfNight/status/1780720777706266796

Lol I wouldn’t even pay $1 for the chance to meet Biden and they think this dude, traitor that he is, is gonna base a decision on getting that privilege?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Like seriously is this a joke? They think the chance to meet Biden is a bargaining chip?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GosplanKomitet/status/1780744280916508939

Hamas probably has more troops now than on October 7th

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would Israel even allow Abbas to leave? Palestinians do not have freedom of movement, even the ones that are Israeli citizens.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

No. The land and the king are one.

One what?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
code:
https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1780773698938736842

quote:

Zionism is just standard issue ethnonationalism & Israel is waging a standard issue ethnic war. The fact that it’s motivated by past victimization isn’t an exception, it’s the rule.

Stuart Kaufman’s Modern Hatreds, based on Eastern European case studies—

https://pastebin.com/5pe3NAK1

Ethnic conflict is prone to escalate into atrocities like genocide when one group mythologizes the other as inclined to commit them and then believes they are justified in committing them in retaliation

Does this seem familiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Like seriously is this a joke? They think the chance to meet Biden is a bargaining chip?

what if Biden wants to surrender