Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just want to know if they're getting Weird Al back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They'll get Daniel Radcliffe playing Weird Al

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There’s an episode of Childrens Hospital featuring Judah Friedlander as Weird Al, and Weird Al as a different character.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There’s a Weird Al biopic featuring Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al, and Weird Al as a different character.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

There’s a Weird Al biopic featuring Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al, and Weird Al as a different character.

I really want to see that. Weird Al is a treasure.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

therattle posted:

I really want to see that. Weird Al is a treasure.

It's fantastic. Nothing will quite beat Walk Hard in my heart, but Weird is almost there.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I am at BreakThru Films’ studio/office (they did Loving Vincent and the recent The Peasants, neither of which I liked but could appreciate from a production perspective. We are Co-producing a film with them that they are digitally overpainting in German Romantic style). Here are a few pics if anyone is interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/z79bpNa

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The writer of the zendaya tennis movie also wrote potion seller????

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

And is married to the director of Past Lives.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

therattle posted:

I am at BreakThru Films’ studio/office (they did Loving Vincent and the recent The Peasants, neither of which I liked but could appreciate from a production perspective. We are Co-producing a film with them that they are digitally overpainting in German Romantic style). Here are a few pics if anyone is interested.

Neat. Are those all individual frames which are going to be photographed animation style? What's the purpose of printing them out if it's painted digitally?

He IS the potion seller

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Carpet posted:

Neat. Are those all individual frames which are going to be photographed animation style? What's the purpose of printing them out if it's painted digitally?

He IS the potion seller

Those are from their previous film, along with all the cameras and lenses. Ours is entirely digital.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

therattle posted:

Neat!

I loved the visuals of Loving Vincent, but the subject matter didn't grip me enough to check it out. First I've heard of The Peasants, but watching the trailer it's so 1:1 to the original image that it feels more like a (well-done) filter that was laid over the image than actual hand-painted frames. Excited to see what comes out of this, the style seems to fit well from the images, I'd love to click in with one of the films they produce a bit more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drat, I was already excited for it, but now

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Neat!

I loved the visuals of Loving Vincent, but the subject matter didn't grip me enough to check it out. First I've heard of The Peasants, but watching the trailer it's so 1:1 to the original image that it feels more like a (well-done) filter that was laid over the image than actual hand-painted frames. Excited to see what comes out of this, the style seems to fit well from the images, I'd love to click in with one of the films they produce a bit more.

I found the scripts not great in either, and I didn’t like the shimmering/moving effect. Made me a bit queasy. Ours won’t do that!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/GameDesignDan/status/1780364064964714650

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t see the problem. Potion Seller is one of the best pieces of dramatic fiction of the last decade and a half

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
drat, they got a new apes movie in the hopper?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pouring one out for The Critic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Anonymous Robot posted:

drat, they got a new apes movie in the hopper?

They got Hopper in the new apes movie?!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Wish they were making a new candyapple island movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaius Marius posted:

Pouring one out for The Critic.

There was a second where I thought something had happened to Jon Lovitz.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/deadline/status/1780715742406775060?s=46

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i wonder what scorsese's favorite family guy joke is

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Baron von Eevl posted:

So, like a lot of goons, my first concert was Weird Al. My family went when he played at the county fair and my sister, who was probably only three years old at the time, is very upset and confused, deeply disappointed because she expected to see a "Weird Owl"

Fast forward to three weeks ago, my sister, now age 30, and I are staying in an AirBnB. I notice that the place has a Roku TV and decided it was finally time to watch the Weird Al movie. My sister was in the other room on a phone call and she came into the movie about 30 minutes in, right around the pool party scene.

The thing is, my sister actually likes biopics. And since she's not a Weird Al fan and missed the beginning of the movie, she didn't know this was a huge bit. She was asking "wait why is Pee-Wee Herman just in character all the time?" "Wait did Weird Al really date Madonna?"

She got the point as the joke got more obvious really fast, but she got angrier and angrier as it went on. Because she was actually interested in a straight-up biopic.

So that's twice in my life that Weird Al has delighted me and upset my little sister.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Coaaab posted:

i wonder what scorsese's favorite family guy joke is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9wUoICoxYw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vargo posted:

So, like a lot of goons, my first concert was Weird Al. My family went when he played at the county fair and my sister, who was probably only three years old at the time, is very upset and confused, deeply disappointed because she expected to see a "Weird Owl"

Fast forward to three weeks ago, my sister, now age 30, and I are staying in an AirBnB. I notice that the place has a Roku TV and decided it was finally time to watch the Weird Al movie. My sister was in the other room on a phone call and she came into the movie about 30 minutes in, right around the pool party scene.

The thing is, my sister actually likes biopics. And since she's not a Weird Al fan and missed the beginning of the movie, she didn't know this was a huge bit. She was asking "wait why is Pee-Wee Herman just in character all the time?" "Wait did Weird Al really date Madonna?"

She got the point as the joke got more obvious really fast, but she got angrier and angrier as it went on. Because she was actually interested in a straight-up biopic.

So that's twice in my life that Weird Al has delighted me and upset my little sister.

Okay, but we all know that Eat It is a completely original song written by Al and not based on anything else.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Vargo posted:

I wish I was teaching advanced classes right now because this makes me wanna show Weird to students without comment and see how long it takes them to get the idea that this movie is not quite telling the truth about Weird Al.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

I wish I was teaching advanced classes right now because this makes me wanna show Weird to students without comment and see how long it takes them to get the idea that this movie is not quite telling the truth about Weird Al.

It's a Funny or Die production and his dad nearly beats a door to door accordion salesmen to death in the first 5 minutes.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

It's a Funny or Die production and his dad nearly beats a door to door accordion salesmen to death in the first 5 minutes.

Kids at my school wouldn't know Funny or Die and don't pay attention to the studio intros anyway.

And yeah, the movie beats you over the head with how silly tropes like "rear end in a top hat dad doesn't want me to live my dream" are, but I suspect at least a few students are hopelessly desentisized by the melodrama of regular biopics.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nobody should be allowed to watch a biopic until they are at least 40.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Kids at my school wouldn't know Funny or Die and don't pay attention to the studio intros anyway.

And yeah, the movie beats you over the head with how silly tropes like "rear end in a top hat dad doesn't want me to live my dream" are, but I suspect at least a few students are hopelessly desentisized by the melodrama of regular biopics.

At that point just show them Walk Hard and pretend it's about an actual person.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

At that point just show them Walk Hard and pretend it's about an actual person.

It isn’t??! Why didn’t anyone tell me??’

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Potion Seller isn’t a real thing, it was something people made up to make me feel insane and gangstalk me. I’ve never heard of whatever it is but everyone’s talking about it because of Challengers, and it makes me feel nuts.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Potion Seller isn’t a real thing, it was something people made up to make me feel insane and gangstalk me. I’ve never heard of whatever it is but everyone’s talking about it because of Challengers, and it makes me feel nuts.

it's very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

This is sort of like if a young kid has seen and heard jokes, but does not yet understand what makes them funny, setup, punchline etc. so they just come up with a situation they think is funny and then they keep repeating it ad nauseam without really escalating or building to anything and then it just sort of fizzles out.
Is this guy a nepo baby who had someone famous on social media retweet or reference this video?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
He’s not a nepo baby, because he earned his success, with Potion Seller.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Have you tried being high while watching it like many of us were 12 years ago

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Majkol posted:

This is sort of like if a young kid has seen and heard jokes, but does not yet understand what makes them funny, setup, punchline etc. so they just come up with a situation they think is funny and then they keep repeating it ad nauseam without really escalating or building to anything and then it just sort of fizzles out.
Is this guy a nepo baby who had someone famous on social media retweet or reference this video?

I guess try watching it again and this time noticing the clear narrative of the knight being emotionally destroyed by the potion seller’s cruel obstinance?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This is my first time encountering this piece of media, and my conclusion is that it is the sort of thing that is very funny to a high teenager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The potion seller knows the strength of his own potions and was only being responsible by not selling them to the knight. If the knight had just trusted the potion seller's expertise from the start instead of being stubborn he would have avoided going through such emotional turmoil!