Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Braksgirl, use voice to text to dictate the email and save yourself the time of typing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My old man yells at cloud take is Texting has made incapable of talking on the phone/in person.

I’ve got 18 months, how proficient could I get at speaking Italian do you think? I speak passable (not great) Spanish. I’m going to Italy for two weeks for a friends wedding. I’ll be mostly using duolingo but my friend is from Italy and has said she’ll work with me conversationally.

I’m not expecting to be fluent by any means, I just think it would be nice to go and be able to communicate.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Speaking Italian in Italy is great, unlike every other country you can use over the top stereotypical accents when talking to locals and that improves your Italian by like 45%. Gesture in a comical fashion and they will ask you what village you grew up in.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

My old man yells at cloud take is Texting has made incapable of talking on the phone/in person.

I’ve got 18 months, how proficient could I get at speaking Italian do you think? I speak passable (not great) Spanish. I’m going to Italy for two weeks for a friends wedding. I’ll be mostly using duolingo but my friend is from Italy and has said she’ll work with me conversationally.

I’m not expecting to be fluent by any means, I just think it would be nice to go and be able to communicate.

You should give it a shot regardless, even if you’re only meh-to-bad at it it’ll still be worlds better than most tourists.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Braksgirl, use voice to text to dictate the email and save yourself the time of typing it.

Aw, you're adorable! Ya girl has a southern accent and voice to text hates it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Back in November I had a dream that Willie Nelson died and I was sad that I never bothered to watch him live, so I’m at a Willie Nelson concert now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

Speaking Italian in Italy is great, unlike every other country you can use over the top stereotypical accents when talking to locals and that improves your Italian by like 45%. Gesture in a comical fashion and they will ask you what village you grew up in.

I feel like you’re trying to get me whacked

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/StonkKing4/status/1780303955811278884

lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

18 months is a lot of time especially if you already know Spanish. I know several people who swear by Duolingo for what it’s worth. That seems like plenty of time to get well beyond the basic “yes hello where is the bathroom” if you prioritize practicing it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

General Dog posted:

Back in November I had a dream that Willie Nelson died and I was sad that I never bothered to watch him live, so I’m at a Willie Nelson concert now.

My wife was freaking out a bit about not getting the chance to see Kyle Minogue should she get cancer again, so we're gonna be in Vegas next week to see her.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The #1 most important thing to do when learning a new language is to use it to talk to real actual live human beings. If you don't, you'll feel flustered and embarrassed the first few times you're there and you'll forget everything. Also people IRL don't speak as neatly as they do in language apps, so you'll struggle to understand people.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wonder how much of it is this, and how much of it is the constant barrage of spam calls and texts that we're inundated with day in and day out. I basically never answer the phone now if I don't recognize the number, not even my work phone. If they want to talk to me they'll leave a message.

Fortunately, most spam calls come to my personal phone with my home area code rather than any of the codes around where I live, so I know right away to ignore them.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

This vehicle has turned out to be aggressively bad even by Teslas low quality standards.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

This vehicle has turned out to be aggressively bad even by Teslas low quality standards.

did you see how the gas pedal cover isn't secured in any way so it can slide up and lock your accelerator to the floor?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

did you see how the gas pedal cover isn't secured in any way so it can slide up and lock your accelerator to the floor?

Yep. And the overheating batteries.

Even 2 years late they rushed these out and it’s turning into a disaster.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They’re loving hideous to boot.

And I cannot begin to imagine the cost of replacing the stock tires.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

No Butt Stuff posted:

And I cannot begin to imagine the cost of replacing the stock tires.

Buy one and you can do it 4 times a year with their infinity magnitude torque vector lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Intruder posted:

I didn't, loving yikes.

Anyways, watched Episode 6 of X-Men '97: A) they're really gonna make us wait another week to see the aftermath? gently caress off, and B) nope, still don't care about Xavier, you can't make me.

Also, while I have a lot of love for Storm's original outfit, they took away the mohawk, which is her best look, so therefore this is a bad change

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m enjoying my model y but it’s mostly because i get borderline free energy for it and I plan to trade it in when the warranty is up and get a truck EV.

I cannot believe that anyone would buy a cybertruck.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just accidentally discovered my biz partner either lied to me OR lied to a vendor on what our monthly production is. This’ll be an interesting Friday

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m enjoying my model y but it’s mostly because i get borderline free energy for it and I plan to trade it in when the warranty is up and get a truck EV.

I cannot believe that anyone would buy a cybertruck.

There’s finally a cyber truck that’s being spotted around town here. Morbid curiosity, how stainless is that “stainless steel” exterior, for example if a person were to press their hand (or butt cheeks) on the car, would the oil on your skin leave a mark on it?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lol was this while doing the job cause lmao, I too have been there. In my case they accused me of loving the other parent too and that's why I lied on them in my case. I never even got to interview the other parent until I found them state prison to serve the dependency petition.

Sadly no, I reserve all my truly unprofessional moments for when I’m off the clock, I can’t go risking my pension plan!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Fortunately, most spam calls come to my personal phone with my home area code rather than any of the codes around where I live, so I know right away to ignore them.

There's an old tweet I wish I could find saying "millennial culture is having a phone number with a different area code than where you live and never, ever answering the phone if someone calls from that area code."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

And above all, do not feed your Tesla after midnight.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

There’s finally a cyber truck that’s being spotted around town here. Morbid curiosity, how stainless is that “stainless steel” exterior, for example if a person were to press their hand (or butt cheeks) on the car, would the oil on your skin leave a mark on it?

Sadly no, I reserve all my truly unprofessional moments for when I’m off the clock, I can’t go risking my pension plan!

It hold marks just like a stainless steel fridge holds children’s fingerprints. They’re aggressively terrible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

People are already having problems with them rusting after like a couple months so

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

People are already having problems with them rusting after like a couple months so

You can pay Tesla 9000 dollars to put a paint protection film on that looks like a paint color but will rip if a rock hits it and ruins it with no way to repair it.

E: I’m sorry it’s only 6.5k

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 18, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah but at least you won't look stupid while you're driving a 1990's Motel 6 ice maker

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

There's an old tweet I wish I could find saying "millennial culture is having a phone number with a different area code than where you live and never, ever answering the phone if someone calls from that area code."

Millennial culture is when you'd rather pick up a live grenade than a phone call from an unknown number.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just think about growing up in the days when there was just one landline for the house, and everyone knew who called for everyone else and what they were talking about.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

drat this hits hard. If a Massachusetts number calls me it is always always a scam or at best some asswipe vendor that found me on LinkedIn and wrongly thinks I have authority to buy stuff for my Boston based company

Also occasionally a salon where some lady gave the wrong number and they keep calling me to give me her appointment reminders lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Just think about growing up in the days when there was just one landline for the house, and everyone knew who called for everyone else and what they were talking about.

Having all your friends’ numbers memorized and it was easy because you didn’t need to dial an area code and they all started with the same 3 numbers :corsair:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 18, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, this checks out

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Beck when the exchange portion of the phone number meant the actual physical exchange office you were connected to.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Having all your friends’ numbers memorized and it was easy because you didn’t need to dial an area code and they all started with the same 3 numbers :corsair:

I feel like I could still recite some high school friend's numbers from memory. Or at least get pretty close

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My mom just cancelled the land line we had since the year I was born. RIP to a real one.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I feel like I could still recite some high school friend's numbers from memory. Or at least get pretty close

I can rattle off my childhood phone number and my best friend’s immediately. I know I used to have 10+ local numbers up there but they’re long gone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still watching Fallout. "You'll NEVER find out. (beat) Oh, he's going to find out!"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Everytime I watch King of the Hill I forget just how dark a character Bill is until something gets said in an episode. Currently watching the episode where Boomhauer's brother almost marries his ex and Bill asking if his suit still smells like embalming fluid was that moment for me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm watching Virtuosity since it's on TV.

I love this ridiculous movie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Double post but kinda big news for the film nerds here:
https://x.com/deadline/status/1780735765116596621?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm watching Virtuosity since it's on TV.

I love this ridiculous movie.

hand me the crowd pleaser out the back