Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Archer666 posted:

Now I'm reminded of the audio book version of Scars, where the narrator had all the White Scars talk with the faux asian accent

See also the first Battlefleet Gothic video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

QuarkJets posted:

if they tape together a bunch of cardboard into the vague shape of a gun and load a clip into it, will it at least explode?

only if it's funny (it's funny)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Can someone explain what a "squig" is and what it does exactly? I've had a general idea but then sometimes it seems like it does something more and different than what I thought and I get confused. I know nothing about Orkz other than general carryover lore from 3rd edition.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

WAAAAAAAGH

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

thin blue whine posted:

Can someone explain what a "squig" is and what it does exactly? I've had a general idea but then sometimes it seems like it does something more and different than what I thought and I get confused. I know nothing about Orkz other than general carryover lore from 3rd edition.

orks reproduce by spores, but whereever the spores go they carry an entire weaponized ecosystem with them. so the spores take root, make everything from normal fungus for eating and fungus beer to more and more complex orkoid organisms, including the grots and orks themselves, and including the squigs. they get born by struggling out of basically fungus sacs. any function a domesticated animal can have in society, squigs fulfill it, and many functions that are basically insane for a domesticated animal to have. companion squigs? yes. food squigs? yes. riding squigs? yes. face-eating squigs for face-eating competitions? yes. squigs that can substitute for hair if you want an ork model with hair? yes. squigs the size of mammoths who can have howdahs with gun emplacements? why not.

the model looks like a grimdark bright red version of kirby with vicious razor sharp teeth and a tail.

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 18, 2024

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

thin blue whine posted:

Squig is a catchall name for the various Ork-ish animals produced from the fungal Orkoid ecosystem as the base of the food chain. As may been mentioned previously itt, Orkz are constantly shedding spores that will eventually grow into fungal patches, and when the patch grows large enough, start producing squigs, then snotlings, then gretchen, and finally, Orks. Squigs are foodstuff and material for Orkz wrapped up in one - some squigs get eaten, some get turned into bags, some are used as weapons, and some are large enough to ride. As to the variety of squigs - some are just born that way, naturally produced from the fungal patches, but the snotlings/gretchen also do some squig farming to create certain kinds.

EDIT

bob dobbs is dead posted:

orks reproduce by spores, but whereever the spores go they carry an entire weaponized ecosystem with them. so the spores take root, make everything from normal fungus for eating and fungus beer to more and more complex orkoid organisms, including the grots and orks themselves, and including the squigs. they get born by struggling out of basically fungus sacs. any function a domesticated animal can have in society, squigs fulfill it, and many functions that are basically insane for a domesticated animal to have. companion squigs? yes. food squigs? yes. riding squigs? yes. face-eating squigs for face-eating competitions? yes. squigs that can substitute for hair if you want an ork model with hair? yes. squigs the size of mammoths who can have howdahs with gun emplacements? why not.

the model looks like a grimdark bright red version of kirby with vicious razor sharp teeth and a tail.

e,f,b :orks:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 18, 2024

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Okay, I think I get why people love Orks.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

What if there was a chaos squig and it was like the clowning episode of ATHF

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
orks and the whole ork ecosystem, after the 3rd ed introduction of the old ones, have generally gotten the chaos flavor written out of them, because the overarching story they have now is of being a genetically engineered weapon by the old ones against chaos. that's why they love fighting demons. there's a fair amount of chaos orks before 3rd ed

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 18, 2024

naem
May 29, 2011

thin blue whine posted:

squigs is da best

they our friendz!

they eat uz

an’ we eat dem!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i have conflicted feelings about quadroped squigs

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I have to agree, i've never been a fan of the appearance of squiggoths either for probably the same reason

naem
May 29, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

iz great

don’t hav t’ eat em all at onez

can give em robot legz

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Which is another reason why a) orks never really go away you'll have minor flare ups for years and years even after a waaggh is driven off and b) why ork/tyranids warfare is so insane because it's essentially two weaponized ecosystems going at it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
to wit, the face-eating squig competition goes like this:

1 ork. 1 face-eating squig. competition begins. they start eating each other's faces. if the ork eats the face-eating squig, the ork wins. if the ork keels over, the squig wins.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

naem posted:

squigs is da best

they our friendz!

they eat uz

an’ we eat dem!

Quadrupod squig discussion aside, this is some darn good squig content.

lol at the squig with a full gobbo in its gob

lol at surgically grafting engine exhaust pipes to the great white squig

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love orks I love goblins I love squigs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Whose squiggin

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Orks is best

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Ork themed city builder but it's really an idle game because there's gently caress all you can do to direct anything

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
this is now a 40k Ork thread pyf Orks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

thin blue whine posted:

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

thin blue whine posted:

The inferior thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948652

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I feel like they should exist but in the form of a squig slowly eating another squig

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

thin blue whine posted:

Games Workshop

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Aren't they something silly like orruks now?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ilmucche posted:

thats aos only

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

thin blue whine posted:

The Boomdakka Snazzwagon

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

Only in AoS the legally distinct spelling of Orks was fine for maintaining SEO

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQFvqLGXVU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

thin blue whine posted:

all of them

orkz have UBI and free health care, their society is a strict meritocracy, and they're all happy. You may not like it, but this is what peak intergalactic civilization looks like.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If I was an ork I'd be a big boss

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

CapnAndy posted:

You may not like it, but this is what peak intergalactic civilization looks like.

quote:

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

If I was an ork I'd be a big boss

keep telling yourself that

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

keep telling yourself that

You would be my pony squig

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

You would be my pony squig

Don't pull me into your sick fantasies.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ilmucche posted:

It's very simple

This is an Orc

This is an Ork

This is an Orruk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

It's very simple

This is an Orc

This is an Ork

This is an Orruk