Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pivot charts are a very niche perversion

Just got a mental image of the tory whips data analyst making a big dashboard on power bi, tracking all the stats of who got their dick out in front of the spad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I think they'd say if it were piss, like with Willy Rag.

Probably more like asking them to do naked star jumps or something equally weird and objectifying.

Maybe he's the modern Lawrence of Arabia and asked her to give him the good spanky.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

It is very funny that the tory whips maintain a xlsx of all the party perversions, would like to see an update. Maybe a version with pivot charts.

I'm imagining the Labour version

"Pat McFadden - Nothing really, he's just a massive oval office"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

phwoar

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

grobbo posted:

this definitely deserves more attention, because according to Menzies' own sources, the reason he needed £5,000 in Tory donor money at 3.15am after a night of drinking and partying was that he was being "falsely" accused of being sick all over his host's flat and causing unspecified "other expenses" and they wouldn't let him leave until he settled it.

Peep Show/Thick of It crossover sounding amazing

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Lol, remember when Hancock got the boot via footage someone shot using a spy camera in his ministerial office

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I got that installed as part of the shite bundled with my last job and I never opened it but thought basically that whenever I saw the icon

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Our entire political system is based around blackmail. The Tories specifically choose candidates that have exploitable baggage, knowing that they can be blackmailed into voting with the whip.

You can be sure that corporations, rich cunts and foreign governments also control many of these MPs too for the same reasons

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nick Clegg suddenly gained access to every single FB message and insta DM sent by any MP ever. Pretty astonishing to ponder

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pivot charts are a very niche perversion

Pervert charts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nick Clegg suddenly gained access to every single FB message and insta DM sent by any MP ever. Pretty astonishing to ponder

A lot of strange things happened on facebook when people were trying to expose the corporate takeover of the UK cannabis scene post 2015. Entire threads of evidence as well as accounts would simply vanish without any kind of notification. It's notable that it was Nick Clegg's lobbying 'charity' Open Reason and Danny Alexander's old Downing Street team's new PR company Tendo Consulting who were behind this takeover.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Stolen from the social media thread: https://twitter.com/lea_ypi/status/1780875319735411088

These people are so loving Normal.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I was going to say from the opening that it looks like the print equivalent of wanking in public, but then I read the rest of it and it's more literally that than I wanted or needed to read.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Mark Menzies, trade envoy to Colombia you say? :allears:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I was going to say from the opening that it looks like the print equivalent of wanking in public, but then I read the rest of it and it's more literally that than I wanted or needed to read.

Do also note the name of the woman tweeting about this.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wait is that a spectator article about going for a rub and tug?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wait is that a spectator article about going for a rub and tug?

Yes

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's not even his first column about being wanked off for money.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Turn left, thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Turn left, thread

Nobody is shaming sex workers or even johns. They are shaming a creepy Spectator writer and that is never wrong

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also half his article is "Chinese sex workers have funny names" and I think even Roy Chubby Brown has moved on from that level of discourse.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

Stolen from the social media thread: https://twitter.com/lea_ypi/status/1780875319735411088

These people are so loving Normal.

Oh joy. Creepy, sleezy/rapey comments and some racism thrown in for good measure.

He also looks like a skeezy version of Trent Crimm* from Ted Lasso.

*=The Independent

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
OK instead an excerpt from his article about taking part in the Guardian blind date column and his passing worry that he might molest a photographer.

The Spectator posted:

An intermediary, Cathy, arrived and went over the practicalities of Blind Date with me. She explained that some of the flakier volunteers misunderstand the arrangement and feel that their privacy has been invaded when they read about themselves in the paper. She led me into a very messy studio occupied by an attractive young photographer named Linda. She then walked out, closing the door behind her. This left the two of us alone in a private room. I asked myself who was most at risk here. Me, the unknown visitor? Linda, the vulnerable snapper? Or the Guardian’s HR department? Luckily, the photo shoot passed off without a #MeToo moment.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Also I can see the Irish sea from where I am currently posting so imagine I am waving at everyone over there.

:neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Nobody is shaming sex workers or even johns. They are shaming a creepy Spectator writer and that is never wrong

Oh I know that, I just don't want to hear about crusty fash journos getting their rocks off :gonk:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I read somewhere this morning - possibly twitter - that the tories may be planning to hold the next GE in Glastonbury week in an effort to put a spoke in da yoof vote.

So I just looked up how many go - approx 200k in previous years. Many will be, I imagine just for the weekend, not on the Thursday when voting normally takes place.

Also, I imagine, that the attendance is not so yoofy as they might imagine, everyone I know (younger friends or friends' adult kids) who goes is in their 40s/50s & earns to the north of £50k, because you need to be quite wealthy to be able to afford it, and is probably extremist centrist.

So if tories are planning that, I don't think it will have much effect considering attendance is spread nationally and I imagine mostly from larger towns & cities where their individual votes won't have much impact anyway.

I know 'I imagine' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this thought stream, and maybe my imaginings are entirely wrong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If they want to block the youth vote they should hold it during Boomtown

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No way it's going to be that early. Christmas GE or bust.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Rarity posted:

If they want to block the youth vote they should hold it during Boomtown

I had to google that. Sadly, I am no longer down wiv da kidz being nearer 70 than 50.
(All I could think of was Boomtown Rats - that up and coming new group from.. erm... 40-50 years ago - crikey :corsair:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Tories will pull some sort of scheme where they just prorogue parliament indefinitely and never have to call another election.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Tories will pull some sort of scheme where they just prorogue parliament indefinitely and never have to call another election.

would probably be an improvement over the last 30 years tbh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm not sure having the dregs of the worst political party in Westminster in charge indefinitely is an improvement.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Tesseraction posted:

I'm not sure having the dregs of the worst political party in Westminster in charge indefinitely is an improvement.

agreed, the last 316 years have been terrible for this country.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh don't be like that, remember the 2012 Olympics? When everything was good and nothing was wrong?

Simple times

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
it did bring us together, briefly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqM0Ube0oLs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Europeans care more about elephants than people, says Botswana president

Interesting thoughts from Mokgweetsi Masisi, and similar to what I thought a few years back when the Sun had a front page memorial about 'cecil' the lion while simultaneously presenting a few Black guys in a rubber boat as an existential threat.

Also

quote:

Botswana recently threatened to send 30,000 elephants to the UK and Germany after both countries proposed stricter controls on hunting trophies. The country’s president, Mokgweetsi Masisi, said it would help people to understand human-wildlife conflict – which is among the primary threats to the species – including the experiences of subsistence farmers affected by crop-raiding by the animals.
is a funny idea, if the climate keeps warming they could put them around Devon and Somerset as a natural control on holiday home owners.

quote:

While trophy hunting has provoked widespread revulsion from the British public and celebrity campaigners, using it as part of broader conservation strategies has been shown to help wildlife and tackle poaching. Masisi said Botswana, home of the world’s largest elephant population, allowed trophy hunting by democratic choice and said European countries telling his country how to manage its elephant population should provide alternatives to hunting.
really hits at the key matter though, and it's interesting that we're starting to see it more in papers outside of Africa, where it has been a talking point for years. Trophy hunting might be bad, but illegal poaching is worse, and you either get one or the other. Every country that just banned the hunting without replacement got massive increases in poaching and stable management of the elephant population became impossible.

There may be some way to thread the needle on this, but if countries are just unilaterally banning it then you're going to get people saying "cool, and you'll be replacing that revenue with what?" and if the answer, as it is from the Tories and from Germany, is just a bunch of tumbleweeds then people aren't going to be impressed. I think we can guess that from the Conservatives the answer is not going to be "increased foreign aid for environment and biodiversity".

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Look, if our sex pest journos are resisting the urge to molest everyone around them and instead finding a consenting sex worker I call it progress.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OK instead an excerpt from his article about taking part in the Guardian blind date column and his passing worry that he might molest a photographer.

“Well done me for not committing a sexual assault on an ‘attractive young’ woman. I deserve a treat!”

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I care about elephants more than people but I am a misanthrope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
we need to lock menaces like this guy and rod liddle in some kind of illusory prison situation where they get to write as many articles as they like thinking people actually read them but are in fact completely insulated from the rest of the world