Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

The worst part of the Series UI is how much space is taken up by stuff you don't want and can't remove. With that it'd be pretty good honestly, but 90% of the screens are just ads.

Amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

Jesus, the Overwatch season update is 44 gigs.

does it have a megatexture?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Overwatch in 2024 lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What this means?

The PVE mode.

Which in a sense is even funnier because the competitor they crushed a decade ago who was going for the same share as them had a legitimately good one to go with its pvp so Blizzard had the raw data of "this is a bad plan" staring at them in the face the entire time.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PM me if you wanna charge your mythic prisms (male only)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Overwatch in 2024 lol

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's pretty wild to think how far OW has fallen.

Hell it's crazy to think how many franchises that were popular 5-10 years ago are absolutely hosed.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Halo Infinite is the superior online shooting game anyway.

Seriously, it's really good.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Steamworld Heist II is coming to Game Pass August 8th.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

runchild posted:

I absolutely love this entire series. Stoked.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Cross-post from the deal thread: Wal-Mart has Modern Warfare III for Xbox Series X for $30.

Sure, it might be on Game Pass at some point, but I have all the other CoD games physical* on XBox and the multiplayer was kinda fun in its own sick, twisted way during the beta.

*Except the first game that got ported to the 360 as a XBLA title.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

Halo Infinite is the superior online shooting game anyway.

Seriously, it's really good.

Yeah, but it doesn't have Windowmaker's rear end.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

runchild posted:

This rules! Gamepass stays winning.

Speaking of what's the good deal on re-upping gamepass ultimate these days? I think my freebie months are over and I'm getting card charged now :sigh:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

runchild posted:

Nice! I didn‘t care for Build but Heist 1 was fun!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

This rules! Gamepass stays winning.

Speaking of what's the good deal on re-upping gamepass ultimate these days? I think my freebie months are over and I'm getting card charged now :sigh:

Microsoft rewards points. With auto renewal you can get two months' worth every month.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Harold Halibut is a pretty weird game but I like it so far. Not much other than just walking place to place but the mystery is pretty good. The voice actor for Harold is an opera singer and there's some good singing in it. Actually wish there was more since his voice is so good.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1780825662720545025?t=c4Bg7IIkkA1qzRsDztmwJQ&s=19

Let's go

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

2024!!!! :eyepop: So hyped for this.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lammasu posted:

Microsoft rewards points. With auto renewal you can get two months' worth every month.

They crippled the rewards points I thought? I used to do that but kind of forgot to keep doing it.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Really enjoying the first hour or so of Harold Halibut. Fun how it doesn't beat you over the head with the worldbuilding - these characters aren't all meeting for the first time and this isn't their first day here, so you have to infer a lot. Suffice to say it also looks amazing, and is very well acted.

Reminds me of old school point and click games which obviously doesn't hurt.

Also echoing the above, Halo Infinite after a rough 2 years is now a great game with frequent, fun content updates.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Really hoping this is one of those sequels where they looked hard at the issues with the original and fixed them, rather than doubling down on the artistic vision.

Most crucially they need to have found a solution to the problem of fighting multiple enemies meaning that their intricate swordfighting and combo system goes out of the window as you back peddle swinging wildly.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I respect the intricateness of KCD's sword-fighting mechanic, but it wasn't my thing in the end.

I mostly love the game for its world, period and exploration, and wouldn't even mind a more hacky-slashy way of playing.

Still the most real forests I've ever seen in a game.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Just been told by one of my friends that he is one of the voice actors in Harold Halibut. He plays Buddy.

Now I'm really going to have to play this game.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Why didn't your friend tell you this sooner?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I think mostly because it slipped his mind. I became friends with him a few years ago, but he did the voice recording in 2019.

Most of our conversations about his work have been in relation to his Audiobook recordings.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that's rad

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat it. I'm being pushed to play Harold Halibut, but the last Wes Anderson movie pissed me off.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

One of these days I'm going to finish the first game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

drat it. I'm being pushed to play Harold Halibut, but the last Wes Anderson movie pissed me off.

:confused:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

I think he means Paul Thomas Anderson

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Rich guy says “layoffs are bad” then posts something he got free from a generative ai.

The utter loving temerity. Burn down the world.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Semmeringbahn: Wiener Neustadt - Mürzzuschlag is out now! SCHNELL! SCHNELL!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Remulak posted:

Rich guy says “layoffs are bad” then posts something he got free from a generative ai.

The utter loving temerity. Burn down the world.

With so many engineers in the industry worried they will soon be replaced by AI, you'd think some would band together to work on an AI specialized to replace CEOs instead. Think how much value that would provide the shareholders when the big corps would save on millions the CEOs get monthly for doing nothing all day plus the golden parachutes they get on the way out?

The suits at the top wanna race all the way to the bottom? I think AI can do that, too!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 18, 2024

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lammasu posted:

Unless I missed something the last one was Asteroid City which was hilarious.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

One of these days I'm going to finish the first game

:same:

Timer says 36 hours in and I think I quit right after beating the helmetless knight, so pretty early in the game.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I have the Royal Edition, but all my time is spent riding my horse around the countryside and drinking in taverns.

One day I'll do some more missions. The last one I did was with a drunk priest, which might have been one of the best missions I did in a game, great fun. It reminded me a lot of that one mission in RDR2.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Saoshyant posted:

With so many engineers in the industry worried they will soon be replaced by AI, you'd think some would band together to work on an AI specialized to replace CEOs instead. Think how much value that would provide the shareholders when the big corps would save on millions the CEOs get monthly for doing nothing all day plus the golden parachutes they get on the way out?

The suits at the top wanna race all the way to the bottom? I think AI can do that, too!

AI can't replace a CEO, all they do is meet with other rich people to get funding to keep their grift going

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SOme common Xbox W's here

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1781024458171392075

also this would be some win too

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1780999817486840146

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sounds like a PS5 dub to me

quote:

also this would be some win too

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1780999817486840146

Pretty reasonable conjecture, lines up with the impression I've been getting from Phil lately. It's exciting how plausible it sounds now that consoles and PCs have been converging since the last gen and MS has strong incentive to finish the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don't want to play games on a pc, that shiyt sucks