Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

As someone who watched or listened to every single husky game last year, penix is a definite "gonna huck it to prevent a sack" guy which definitely impacts overall completion percentage but also a lot of those was because inside pressure forces him off his spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

Maybe you should have listened to the charts and spreadsheet guys who didn't have Bryce Young as their QB1

they were wrong if they had him listed as anything other than "Undrafted"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Last year is what made me less of a coward to get off my takes.

I so wanted to put Bryce Young below Anthony Richardson lol, but didn't have it in me to go that against consensus.

I still think Bryce Young can be a pretty decent QB if you can protect him at all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is the year where he makes it or not. They've found a good receiver, rebuilt the interior and hired a head coach who's turned around a few careers at the position.

Panthers should still draft interior and a receiver but they've potentially fixed the gently caress ups of last year.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
We are a week and two days away from the Draft, and it's breaking some of y'alls minds.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bryce is one of those guys that makes me wish we could peer into parallel universes. If he went to, like, the 49ers or the Lions or something instead of the literal worst team what would he look like?

Maybe he would still suck rear end but at least we’d know it was fully on him

Mahomes to the Bears is my other great wish in this realm

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Bryce is one of those guys that makes me wish we could peer into parallel universes. If he went to, like, the 49ers or the Lions or something instead of the literal worst team what would he look like?

is there a team with access to technology that makes everyone else on the field shrink by a foot

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Docjowles posted:

No, please don't sentence Mahomes to the 2017 Bears.

2018 Bears were alright, but god

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

49ers may end up with two first-round picks this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What is the definition of a “pinpoint pass” in these metrics?

Because I watched a lot of Penix and he throws a lot into tight NFL windows and puts the ball right into the hands of his teammates.

I’ve watched a lot of qb prospects and Penix seems like he has more accuracy than most.

I also want to know if those completion percentages are adjusted by throw-aways.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adjusted Completion(removes drops/throwaways)

Penix: 74%

Caleb: 77.5%

Jayden: 79.6%

Drake: 75.3%

JJMc: 80%

Comes with all the caveats of completion percentage like how open people are and how 'easy' the passes are.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hmm that’s good data but not enough. Thank you for posting.

Do we have adjusted Air Yards Depth of Target and Air Yards Depth of Completion?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm bored

I don't give a poo poo about PFF's grades or whatever, but their stats loving rock.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 18, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Whoever can play the best from under center will be the best QB from this draft. Amen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you need to factor in that one of these qbs will play for the bears, their results can't count

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dexo posted:

I'm bored

I don't give a poo poo about PFF's grades or whatever, but their stats loving rock.

Thank you for posting the content :)

lol at JJ (he bad)

lol at Jayden Deep YPA (he rad)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also gosh darn lookit Jayden’s int count

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

lol at Jayden Deep YPA (he rad)

God it must rock to just be able to throw figuratively nothing but slot fades to Nabers and BTJ behind a rock solid offensive line.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I so wanted to put Bryce Young below Anthony Richardson lol, but didn't have it in me to go that against consensus.

The Mahomes draft is what got me to just YOLO and go with what I feel. I loved his college tape and everyone was acting like he was gonna bust hard.

I still like Bryce Young. He was absolutely failed by the Panthers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1780758618855313876?t=BDKeOyaIAwMPggevd9k-Kg&s=19

Seems good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah that tweet is dumb, Jayden was very good against the Blitz but suspect when pressured. There is a difference. If the Blitz is picked up well by a badass line good luck containing BTJ and Nabers getting open against an extremely compromised defense.

*The tweet that is being replied to

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Look at this incredible blocking.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1780795181727461413?t=SHPqZYPbocUf6IPwyYW6eg&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean yes?

Like If I wanted to be an extreme tape rear end in a top hat pedant, he could have simply stepped up into the pocket which was there as everyone else was stonewalled and the End took just a comically wide approach, and let the DE run around him.

But yeah that's a good play, It's not that he literally can't make that play, it's just like he frequently doesn't, when given similar opportunities.

I'm sure I can find a clip of Zach Wilson doing that exact same play(note Jayden is better than Zach Wilson it was just an example)

Edit:
Anyway at this stage no one is going to be convinced either way. I think Jayden is a First round talent, and it's just the nature of nitpicking him comparing him to two dudes who I think are like THOSE DUDES™. If you like him more than god speed. I very well could be wrong. I've been wrong before. *looks at Jordan Love Angrily* so we'll see.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 18, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BlindSite posted:

Panthers should still draft interior

Didn't they just spend like 200 million on interior this offseason

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Penix to Miami will be a shockwave and boy am i excited

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Dexo posted:

Yeah that tweet is dumb, Jayden was very good against the Blitz but suspect when pressured. There is a difference. If the Blitz is picked up well by a badass line good luck containing BTJ and Nabers getting open against an extremely compromised defense.

*The tweet that is being replied to

to be fair this also applies to Penix who's got worse results than Jayden.

idk, I think Jayden is like 2b for me with Maye as 2a but it depends on who picks whom. Like if I had less of a supporting cast I'd take Maye bc he's already sort of used to doing the hero ball thing and can take more hits (seemingly). If I had some normal offensive talent (ie 1-2 weapons and an average-ish o-line) i'd take Daniels. Washington is interesting bc they definitely have weapons but they better draft a T with one of their high 2nd rounders otherwise that might be an issue for Daniels getting murdered.

actually that's probably a better way to put it, if I had an ok o-line but minimal weapons I'd take Daniels. If I had weapons but minimal o-line I'd take Maye. If i had both I'd take Daniels. And then all things being equal if I prefer accuracy over arm talent, Daniels. Arm talent over accuracy Maye.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

Penix to Miami will be a shockwave and boy am i excited

Are you off the Tua train?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Didn't they just spend like 200 million on interior this offseason

On guards we did yes, but the current plan is to put one of those "i can play anywhere" in the interior dudes in at center and while I don't mind it - if that's the best we can do. I'd rather we took Zach Frazier who'd be an immediate scheme fit, plays with leverage, pace and a violent punch and is 6"2. I watched a few clips of his last night and I see a lot of Ryan Kalil / Jason Kelce in his game where he's a little smaller than some centers but is an absolute dawg.

If we came out of round 2 with him and any WR who is a consistent chain mover I'd be happy as a pig in poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Are you off the Tua train?

Haha no. Just being a sarcastic rear end. I see everyone and anyone mocked to Miami and the latest is Penix.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Jayden Daniels is my QB1, lol. QB is the only position where I don't really deconstruct the film at all. Vibes only watching.

Vibes chart:

Daniels - groovy

McCarthy - surprisingly ok? Like a coworker who you'd never be friends with outside of work but at work they don't annoy you and they're generally pleasant.

Penix - chill, but aloof. Tangential guy to your friend group who you see twice a year, but is nice to make small with.

Caleb Williams - Neutral. Good and bad vibes perfectly cancel out like opposing sine waves. The overall effect is uncanny and slightly unnerving.

Maye - no. don't like that at all.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Jayden Daniels is my QB1, lol. QB is the only position where I don't really deconstruct the film at all. Vibes only watching.

Vibes chart:

Daniels - groovy

McCarthy - surprisingly ok? Like a coworker who you'd never be friends with outside of work but at work they don't annoy you and they're generally pleasant.

Penix - chill, but aloof. Tangential guy to your friend group who you see twice a year, but is nice to make small with.

Caleb Williams - Neutral. Good and bad vibes perfectly cancel out like opposing sine waves. The overall effect is uncanny and slightly unnerving.

Maye - no. don't like that at all.

Your Penix vibes are totally wrong he's got amazing vibes. Free Hoolie was hysterical

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1780947815172096071

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
With the way the NFL protects QBs I wouldn't worry too much about Daniels getting murdered. He's taken hits in college and was fine. He doesn't seem to have that Anthony Richardson trait where he hobbles off and gets hurt every game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Personally I could not abide by a coworker who brushes his teeth with his off hand to stimulate alpha brain waves.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Fun little read here.

https://x.com/gregauman/status/1780942409846653342

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Xavier Worthy has used his rocket speed to rocket up big boards.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1780659618609234309

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Xavier Worthy has used his rocket speed to rocket up big boards.

To be fair people mocked him right at the end of round 1 the moment he ran that 40 and this has him at 33.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The moment I knew I was suffering from Draft Delirium was last week, when I started wondering if Xavier Worthy was actually secretly worth a mid-first round draft pick and his 40 time was clouding people's judgment/causing them to look at him as Just A Speed Guy. Really got hung up on the fact that he had an ~Early Breakout Year~

(I still do think he has legit upside + is better positioned to succeed than a lot of dudes whose stock got boosted on the back of a strong 40, but he's got enough potential shortcomings that Day 2 is the right place for him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Chiefs guy who grinds film did a deep dive on him that convinced him and me that Worthy is absolutely not just a speed guy

But I also like so many other receivers. My best case is trading up for Brian Thomas Jr but would be okay with lots of others