Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

ohhhh so that's where Kirk was trained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they make machines to imitate his power

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A Problematic Bearing

quote:

This was a couple years ago, just stumbled across the photo today. The bear actually had 3 little cubs with her, my co worker was soiling his pants saying we need to leave but I just carried on with the job. She didn’t maul us… lol

e: This one is so much worse. Also graphic. https://i.redd.it/5iqyuz1xzyn81.jpg

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 18, 2024

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Unperson_47 posted:

Conspiracy theorists claim birds aren't real when they should be talking about how helicopters aren't real

On a long enough time line, they're not real.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

I surveyed a literal zoo some years ago. The rule was to coordinate with zoo personnel to clear the exhibits so we could access them. Rules, of course, are made to be broken, so when one of the crews got to the Galapagos turtle exhibit, they decided not to wait and just do it. The party chief hopped the split rail fence, crossed the ditch/dry moat, and was promptly treed by the turtles. Apparently those things can move pretty fast and don’t want people in their space. Anyway, by the time I got the call and made my way over there with the maintenance director there was a crowd of women and children gawking at my man up in the small tree in the corner of the exhibit. At this very moment someone is on a zoo subreddit telling the story about how when he was a kid he saw a Galapagos turtle tree a surveyor and no one believes him.

quote:

Zoo Survey Part II - I was behind the monkey exhibits; it was a kind of tunnel thing you walked through with all different types of monkeys on either side of the path. Behind it was all sorts of operations equipment and buildings, and I was sketching it all up in the field book. I briefly leaned up against a large cylindrical structure covered with a tarp, and felt something on my shoulder. I looked over and there was a chimpanzee hand. Later on the zoo dude told me that was the mating enclosure and that I made a friend.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Zoo Survey Part II - I was behind the monkey exhibits; it was a kind of tunnel thing you walked through with all different types of monkeys on either side of the path. Behind it was all sorts of operations equipment and buildings, and I was sketching it all up in the field book. I briefly leaned up against a large cylindrical structure covered with a tarp, and felt something on my shoulder. I looked over and there was a chimpanzee hand. Later on the zoo dude told me that was the mating enclosure and that I made a friend.

Any benefits?

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I should call her...

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

At least it was a hand

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://i.imgur.com/UBR5Inh.mp4

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
now do a cheaper vehicle

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
doesn't really matter when you're getting extruded like toothpaste by a chinese dumptruck that has like 100 percent blindspots.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

jetz0r posted:

On a long enough time line, they're not real.

Helicopters are virtual particles, created with an equal and opposite antihelicopter that flies beneath the earth, destined to eventually collide and annihilate each other in a crash

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gdsUYPO.mp4

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

FSD, Microns, Buoyancy: The company of "eh, close enough"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Elon hates trains that much?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Why don't they just use a seaplane? Idiots :smuggo:

Can a seaplane take off from an infinity pool?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

haveblue posted:

Can a seaplane take off from an infinity pool?

Not if there are sharks in the pool, the plane won't get any traction.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sometime in the near future that retread will peel during a high speed drive, shoot out behind the truck it was mounted on, and effortlessly penetrate the windshield of the car behind it, decapitating the driver.

But hey, cheap tires

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/InsaneMistress/status/1780698909184229783?t=2xyJhNFDCBWfmwvCel4k6Q&s=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Management posted:

Sometime in the near future that retread will peel during a high speed drive, shoot out behind the truck it was mounted on, and effortlessly penetrate the windshield of the car behind it, decapitating the driver.

But hey, cheap tires

personally i was more interested in the implications of the existence of a goatse machine

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

the music lmfao

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Probably Dubai. They're getting 100 year-level record rainfall.

Though in the future they will probably be known as 5 year-level records.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

That's not a dude it's Mary Anne the steam shovel

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah i don't know how they can go a single day without slapping big googly eyes on there

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
That's pretty good but if ibwasnt on my phone I'd post the one where the dude is in a backhoe and undresses the girl with a grapple type attachment. Including pulling off her dress and putting it all on a coat rack.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

wesleywillis posted:

That's pretty good but if ibwasnt on my phone I'd post the one where the dude is in a backhoe and undresses the girl with a grapple type attachment. Including pulling off her dress and putting it all on a coat rack.

Guaranteed German. They have the strangest hobbies/fetishes.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Nobody is too strong and invincible to consider workplace H&S

https://twitter.com/rahsh33m/status/1781056742907867547

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
e: ^^^^^^^^ that one too.

I like how in the end it goes like, yeah.

It knows what it did.

What a good boy.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

reminds me of the time a new hire told me to get hosed while i was in the excavator; I drove over, picked up his lunch pail, spun around and sent it flying into a pond.
A lesson was learned that day not to gently caress with the guy in the machine.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

The Management posted:

But hey, cheap tires

I initially read “retread” as a slightly different R word initially and was wondering what the gently caress you were on about

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“How dangerous is this metal objecting sticking out? Is it live?”

quote:

Shut the breaker off and pull it out. That should be neutral but never trust someone else’s work.

You could also probably get away with just using a pair of pliers with rubber handles/gloves; but I can’t recommend that as it is more dangerous and you don’t seem to be experienced with electricity.

Stay safe!

OP responds,

quote:

Thanks. I got it out using 1.5’ cardboard handles attached to pliers.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Technically safe, the best kind of safe!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

chrisgt posted:

reminds me of the time a new hire told me to get hosed while i was in the excavator; I drove over, picked up his lunch pail, spun around and sent it flying into a pond.

whoah badass did everyone cheer

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

chrisgt posted:

he may have been an rear end in a top hat but you escalated to war crime pretty quickly

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That guy on the street looked at me funny, but little did he know I had brass knuckles in my pocket

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hw3Ou7K.mp4

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
🎵 make a hole with a gun perpendicular 🎵

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lunch is sacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Arrhythmia posted:

🎵 make a hole with a gun perpendicular 🎵

:golfclap: