Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

jay is a hell of an entertainer and he's doing his best but this man deserves better than to be stuck wrestling on the preshow with mr rear end. he's probably going to lose too lol

aint no way. The acclaimed act has peaked and is now on the wane and the bang bang gang is super over. Jay is gonna be bragging about having all the gold and I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

MJeff posted:

On the one hand, Jay White should not be losing anything right now. On the other, I don't want these belts on the useless stupid garbage dumbfuck loving Acclaimed anymore.

If there's one thing worse than ex-WWE guys who mope about doing jobs, it's the fuckin' Create A Pro dorks, because they're just ex-WWE guys who haven't even been to WWE yet. GET 'EM ALL OFF MY FUCKIN TV.

lmfao that's brutal but you're right

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Bullet Club Gold is gonna win, then this unified trios title reign needs to be about getting Jay White over. Which is fine. All of the singles titles scenes are clogged up right now, you can use a set of multi-man titles to get over one guy. But good sweet loving lord has the road to get here been painful.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

imagine the 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 if they squared off on the stick…

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tato posted:

The CEO theme will be played on endless loop until you see the light and cheer for your boss

Worst AEW theme :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

On the one hand, Jay White should not be losing anything right now. On the other, I don't want these belts on the useless stupid garbage dumbfuck loving Acclaimed anymore.

Sounds like the same hand

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The Acclaimed will be losing the belts to the Bang Bang Gang. And That's on God

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean to say "on the one hand Jay should be doing singles poo poo" but then I talked myself into it anyway

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Jay White will pass trios duties on to a returning Juice Robinson, citing Bang Bang Gang rules where any three of them can form the team.

IMO Jay White should win the Continental belt from Okada.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

Jay White will pass trios duties on to a returning Juice Robinson, citing Bang Bang Gang rules where any three of them can form the team.

IMO Jay White should win the Continental belt from Okada.

Jay and Okada are stablemates, why would they ever fight each other? :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1c6kdjz/fightful_select_adam_cole_update/

Adam Cole updates sound dire, had to be taken off tv entirely to recover now. Not anywhere close to returning. Feels like with how many injuries he’s had he might be totally cooked. I almost feel bad for MJF because how many storylines did he build that completely imploded due to a guy leaving or disintegrating lol.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sisal Two-Step posted:

jay is a hell of an entertainer and he's doing his best but this man deserves better than to be stuck wrestling on the preshow with mr rear end. he's probably going to lose too lol

There is no way the acclaimed is winning that match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I loved Cole in his indie/NXT run but he’s turned into a sickly Victorian child infected with glass bones and terminal Cringe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Adam, being on TV is clearly hurting your recovery, I'm gonna need you to stay home for *sounds of shuffling through contract over the phone* Yeah, 2027."

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

"Adam, you can't be taking silly risks with your health anymore in the name of TV. From now on, no more reading books to camera or occasionally coming out in a wheelchair for your stablemates entrance"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The Bang Bang Gang will unify the belts. I believe.

i don't think they're going to be unified. I think its gonna be a crown situation again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, it's not unification, it's just both titles on the line.

Having said that, they can unify them whenever they want.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Travel isn't good for people in a cast.

NienNunb posted:

I loved Cole in his indie/NXT run but he’s turned into a sickly Victorian child infected with glass bones and terminal Cringe.

It's true :sigh: Man he was so good as the insufferable prick on the indies. I still think he has his flashes of brilliance but the injuries did not help.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

cole is fine, he’s just skiving off to play video games

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
he jumped like 3 feet what the gently caress lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Travel isn't good for people in a cast.

In retrospect, this makes the Devil storyline even dumber.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MJeff posted:

In retrospect, this makes the Devil storyline even dumber.

I'm convinced they just wanted to get that storyline done with and considering they left it in the dust right away is my evidence. I don't think it'll ever come back up until a good long while. Hell I don't even think Cole will be active whenever MJF returns.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, they clearly had an end point in mind, and it was a good final visual, and then they wrapped up what they wanted from it - get the title to Joe, get Roddy a title, have Wardlow vs. Joe, keep the Kingdom around - and now it's on the back burner. We got a really good OC/Taven match out of it and Kyle back so it's chill. Just one of those things that ultimately didn't work out like they wanted. Ah well!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

he jumped like 3 feet what the gently caress lol

It's always the minor-appearing stuff that fucks you up the most in terms of wrestling injuries, it seems. Like Danielson breaking his arm taking an elbowdrop

Shard posted:

I'm convinced they just wanted to get that storyline done with and considering they left it in the dust right away is my evidence. I don't think it'll ever come back up until a good long while. Hell I don't even think Cole will be active whenever MJF returns.

I'm surprised how quickly it felt like Wardlow became an afterthought again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Its insane how Wardlow gets the same push and vanishes after 6 weeks every single time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
at this point they've given wardlow like 100 chances to run with the ball and he's just not main event material. Swerve was given those same chances and look what he did with it. Same with Hangman and MJF. Some people are able to push it to that next level and some arent.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Maybe cutting his hair and becoming a manager in the fed wasn't the worst idea.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Send Boredlow to the fed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe cutting his hair and becoming a manager in the fed wasn't the worst idea.

if he did that I wouldn't have been able to enjoy OC kicking his rear end, or Jungle Boy kicking his rear end or Hangman Adam Page loving giving him a crown of thornes during a good friday texas death match and killing him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When I say "This makes the Devil storyline even dumber", I mean in the sense of, this terrible story that turned everybody on MJF and tanked the house show business to a point it's yet to recover from, it also had to be done in a way that exacerbated the injury of one of your top stars by making him travel with a cast on constantly. Way to go, guys. Now Cole probably won't be ready for MJF's return. So are we gonna delay MJF's return or have him do some lame filler feud until we can get to the lame blowoff with Cole?

Unless this is all a work and Cole actually is ready to go, I guess.

STING 64 posted:

Its insane how Wardlow gets the same push and vanishes after 6 weeks every single time

I think the idea this time is that Cole is abusing Wardlow the same way MJF did, MJF returns, apologizes to Wardlow and makes peace with him, they team up against Undisputed Kingdom?

Which is at least something different. And it's worth noting. The only time in Wardlow's career he was actually interesting is when he was aligned with MJF.

Chris James 2 posted:

It's always the minor-appearing stuff that fucks you up the most in terms of wrestling injuries, it seems. Like Danielson breaking his arm taking an elbowdrop

Orton blew out his shoulder punching the mat, something he does in literally every match. Kofimania happened because Ali got hurt on a Garvin Stomp.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 18, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
when MJF returns I really hope he changes things up. I don't want his long meandering promos. I am really into how AEW is right now and my big fear is he'll bring it back to how it was and it was the only time I've hated something in AEW that lasted longer than a few shows.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
(qopishly) mjf will return..... for wrestlemania 41

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

MJF could do well to just make lots of amusing asides, and chatter like Kevin Owens, but when he was gunning for the ace position every promo had to be a three course meal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People were going nuts for wardlow on here and people still dig his powerbomb gimmick. The probably is as soon as he got like a title he was off tv or instantly lost it to something like loving QTV and another missed hobbs push. It's not wardlow it'd the guy who doesn't know how to book him because he's not one of his favorites

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wardlow is a better title chaser though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

when MJF returns I really hope he changes things up. I don't want his long meandering promos. I am really into how AEW is right now and my big fear is he'll bring it back to how it was and it was the only time I've hated something in AEW that lasted longer than a few shows.

People love to say others were being too hard on MJF and that it was really only the Switchblade/Devil leg of his reign that was bad. The Bryan and Pillars stuff was good but by mid summer the storyline with Cole was dragging on for way too loving long, I’d say the second half of that reign was overstaying its welcome. It’s not really a coincidence that the title scene felt way better with Joe, Hangman, and Swerve, a trio of guys with immediacy to their actions. It was a good decision to center the next cycle around three guys are willing to murder each other.

KungFu Grip posted:

People were going nuts for wardlow on here and people still dig his powerbomb gimmick. The probably is as soon as he got like a title he was off tv or instantly lost it to something like loving QTV and another missed hobbs push. It's not wardlow it'd the guy who doesn't know how to book him because he's not one of his favorites

The wardlow squash of MJF was a cool thing and also an extremely stupid thing because when he started chasing him for the belt, you had to suddenly remember that this world champion was hosed up like a geek by this other guy, and they had to just keep the two separated after that. Just another moment where Wardlows push got derailed because he kicked too much rear end. Aside from beating a guy like Claudio or Mox this year idk what else they can do with him but the Kingdom did him no favors,

It’ll never happen but the best way to revive his career would be to have him come out when MJF returns and squash the poo poo out of him yet again in a match lol. He’s supposed to be a crazy strong monster so gently caress it.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 18, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

keithy george posted:

MJF could do well to just make lots of amusing asides, and chatter like Kevin Owens, but when he was gunning for the ace position every promo had to be a three course meal.

MJF is an amazing wrestler I wish he would just wrestle more.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

wardlow has a good look and big man manoeuvres but he’s rear end on the stick

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
maybe wardlow needs to rest under the learning tree of jericho and get caught up in the vortex to make it to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pillars promos were mostly rear end and way too cute with everyone taking a corner for their segments to talk out of everytime. Match was fine.