Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

oof lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

between Starfield, Citites Skylines 2 and Payday 3, there were a few months there where the developer goodwill bonfires were visible from space

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

RandolphCarter posted:

what was so hosed about this dlc that they’re actually refunding?

well one thing thats fun is: they released a beachfront property dlc in a game that does not yet support beaches or really any coastal landmarking

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DoombatINC posted:

between Starfield, Citites Skylines 2 and Payday 3, there were a few months there where the developer goodwill bonfires were visible from space

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
other than the performance issues i think skylines 2 is better than 1, but its more like sim city 4 than skylines so i can see why it pissed off all the skylines freaks who are in the game mostly for extensive traffic simulation

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Still surprised at all these companies actually admitting to loving up? And trying to fix it?? Creative Assembly too lol. Fans whining is the easiest thing in the world to ignore but maybe some of the suits got scared at bad press or their sales charts took a small temporary dip and they started freaking out

DoombatINC posted:

well one thing thats fun is: they released a beachfront property dlc in a game that does not yet support beaches or really any coastal landmarking

Lmfao hell yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DoombatINC posted:

"Publisher Comes out with Day-Zero Apology Statement Ahead of Triple-A Release" sounds like an Onion that's been done

Al! posted:

other than the performance issues i think skylines 2 is better than 1, but its more like sim city 4 than skylines so i can see why it pissed off all the skylines freaks who are in the game mostly for extensive traffic simulation

I mean SC4's near-mandatory mods are about restoring the game to a point where its traffic simulation even works at a baseline level.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

lmao god drat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Publisher Comes out with Day-Zero Apology Statement Ahead of Triple-A Release" sounds like an Onion that's been done

I mean SC4's near-mandatory mods are about restoring the game to a point where its traffic simulation even works at a baseline level.

let me be clear, i do not want to spend a bunch of time on figuring out arcane traffic systems

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Still surprised at all these companies actually admitting to loving up? And trying to fix it?? Creative Assembly too lol. Fans whining is the easiest thing in the world to ignore but maybe some of the suits got scared at bad press or their sales charts took a small temporary dip and they started freaking out

Lmfao hell yeah

dont worry bethesda hasnt admitted to loving up and neither do they intend to fix starfield

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

let me be clear, i do not want to spend a bunch of time on figuring out arcane traffic systems
\

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

traffic is easy man. too congested? just add one more lane bro.

like making a betty crocker cake. thats it. simple as

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

should be pete

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

I agree but I haven’t seen the community push back from traffic freaks you’re referring to at all. I think the people looking for a traffic simulator are a small minority. the performance issues and lack of some basic features (such as landscape contour lines, which they hastily rushed in after release) were what made people angry/disappointed

the whole game has been (and apparently continues to be) a huge fumble. I’d say it’s comical but I’m one of the people who really want a playable, fully functional game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

should be pete

lol you're right but i acted instinctively off of "let me be clear"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

traffic is easy man. too congested? just add one more lane bro.

like making a betty crocker cake. thats it. simple as

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Al! posted:

but the traffic simulation in 1 sucks rear end??

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

but the traffic simulation in 1 sucks rear end??

no? I like setting up my bus lines and trains and bike lanes and watching people get around the town :)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gradenko_2000 posted:

no? I like setting up my bus lines and trains and bike lanes and watching people get around the town :)
i notice you didn't mention cars

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i notice you didn't mention cars

Shhhhhhhhhhh, I modded those out

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DoombatINC posted:

ah yes the florida dlc

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When Cities Skylines came out every city builder traffic nerd was hungry, starving. It was years after Sim City 2013 dumpster fire. There wasn't anything that good in traffic management yet. It captured hearts, since the thing that came out of the box was good enough and far better than what had ever been released before. The fundamental structure of the traffic management was moddable, so there were various fixes that people convinced themselves were perfect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

workers and resources is right there !!! ahhh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Does cities have a natural disaster mode like the old sim cities? Can I spend hours trying to recreate my hometown and nuke it out of frustration when I can’t get it right?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

euphronius posted:

workers and resources is right there !!! ahhh

the only one I'll ever need

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1780825662720545025?t=ldc5upanNcKp4SukkYjm5g&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Does cities have a natural disaster mode like the old sim cities? Can I spend hours trying to recreate my hometown and nuke it out of frustration when I can’t get it right?

fondly remembering the godzilla disaster from sim city

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the only way to finish a build in that series

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

fondly remembering the godzilla disaster from sim city

afterlife was my favorite city builder from that era and because it was a lucasarts game there were easter eggs to summon the death star and sam & max as disasters

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I remember in sim city 2000 I’d get a functional city going and leave it on over night so I could have ungodly amounts of money to just play sandbox with the next day

But sometimes I’d forget to turn off disasters and come back to a burnt out half flooded dead wreckage

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Looking forward to seeing eleven straight hours of Cumans roasting babies in this one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

But sometimes I’d forget to turn off disasters and come back to a burnt out half flooded dead wreckage

ted wheeler mode

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

all management games need at least 3 different player-triggered disasters. Half the fun of building the sandcastle is knocking that bitch down when it’s time to go home

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

alarumklok posted:

all management games need at least 3 different player-triggered disasters. Half the fun of building the sandcastle is knocking that bitch down when it’s time to go home

three point hospital covid disaster

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

ted wheeler mode

lol

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

My colony I just took a screenahot of is already imploding. Fleshcancers colonizing the countryside while I’m locked in due to eternal darkness filled with horrors that murder you if you step out of the light

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sim Tower 9/11

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

three point hospital covid disaster

Jfc

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Sim Tower 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
after many years of toil, my game is finally released. it barely works. the community hates it, and the death threats are pouring in. now to release some barely ideated dlc and take a big sip of water