Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I mean the lovely part of this has absolutely nothing to do with AI, to be fair.

lol if Pan sues for libel, her win or loss wouldn't be precedent at all, but if enough of these suits happen it will annoy the courts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

obv a pfc parachute account

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

4 years, 5 posts, 1 probe lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

obv a pfc parachute account

I just post what I want to post and let the chips fall where they may, parachute accounts are for people with no conviction in their beliefs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s fair . I apologize

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I love that he scrubbed his wiki page.

God drat Google search is useless. Duckduckgo is better. Yandex always finds the :filez: I want.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I love that he scrubbed his wiki page.

God drat Google search is useless. Duckduckgo is better. Yandex always finds the :filez: I want.

time to start paying for kagi

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Thoguh posted:

The gently caress is a social club that costs $300/month?

I'm asking for real I don't know what that is, when somebody says social club I think like a VA Lodge or the Rotary or poo poo like that.

https://www.maxwellsocial.com/

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

powerful

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Xaris posted:

i see things are going well for brexit. good, death to uk

governors of the southern states in the US: "what a monster, giving schoolkids free meals is a disgusting betrayal of our values."

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

All the google alternatives seem to prioritize security for some reason. Why do searches need to be private or secure? What's the best one if you don't care about that at all?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Azrial posted:

Where do people live that aren't buying houses? Walk to the part of town you don't live in and look under a loving bridge if the cops haven't made it illegal for the homeless to exist in the city limits.

They are renting.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

All the google alternatives seem to prioritize security for some reason. Why do searches need to be private or secure? What's the best one if you don't care about that at all?

Most of the alternatives like duck duck go got popular when google was good but people didn't want their search and browse activity being sold in real-time to advertisers (and anyone else who pays for the data)

now google just sucks rear end, kagi is probably not quite as good as google was ~2015 but its leagues better than google or bing are now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

sung to the tune of one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer

Lol

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Fitzy Fitz posted:

search histories are one of the first things pulled now whenever legal action is taken, do you want to explain it in court?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

lmao over double the actual weight, jesus christ the blind greed is unbelievable

i did some basic math but assuming each walmart (4618) sells 2000 lbs of meat at $4 per lbs and the weight is 20% over, then that's a gain of $7,388,800 per day. The lawsuit settlement can be paid off in just over 6 days.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

search histories are one of the first things pulled now whenever legal action is taken, do you want to explain it in court?

I am not a crook

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1781034712800334303?t=zUVrcO2S-GQFiExEeo4rpA&s=19

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Ardennes posted:

They are renting.

All of them? Even the ones that can't afford it? Who are the people under the bridge then? Is that the 300 dollar a month social club?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Azrial posted:

All of them? Even the ones that can't afford it? Who are the people under the bridge then? Is that the 300 dollar a month social club?

you have lost the drat plot

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Azrial posted:

Obviously it isn't everyone, but that isn't the point, the point is that if people can't afford mortgages (i.e people who weren't going to be homeless), most of them have to rent. This causes a progress imbalance in high demand areas.

It is people who were renting and barely paying it that are now living under a bridge.

It isn't a good system. If anything things are going to get worse.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Zokari posted:

lol what a post

to be fair I am fat, stupid, and dishonest

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Terrible stats. An all time bad poster. A one ELO son of a bitch in the game of posts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good. Kids are too fat

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

quote:

“The wording is ‘we’re here to harm children.’ Give me a break," he says. "These are young adults.”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

They also reduced unemployment and workers comp benefits while they passed that one.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1781031208442351703

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"we're here to harm young adults" lmao

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

“Actually, it is ephebo-abuse, not pedo-abuse.”

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

look i NEED to know you're a normal human being, says person who went thru the hellring themselves and now runs one

this poo poo depresses me so much, im not a programmer but sometimes i feel like ill never get another job if this is what hiring is like for everyone

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1781030121950056685?t=0MVeGnMFvFkYGaJnyEnXSQ&s=19

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Pussy Quipped posted:

that persons advice basically boils down to: don’t be neurodivergent and be polite and “likable” at all times. that’s how you get a job and that’s how you move up in a company. if you have good office vibes you will go far.

ive been listening to a lot of manager complaining lately that seems to boil down to "gen z workers arent obsequious like we demand and expect, we cant figure out why"

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Thoguh posted:

You couldn't have a CPSAM goonmeet because every thread hates every other thread to varying degrees.

that makes it even better, i wanna read a date report about an alien thread poster and a biosphere collapse poster at an axe throwing bar

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lmao, bleak

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I glanced through that Economist article about how zoomers are richer, and the meat of it seems to be that they are doing better.... than millennials. And this despite (or because of?) the fact no one wants to work anymore (have a good work life balance).
A couple of quotes.

quote:

https://archive.ph/s07Xr

In 2022 Americans under 25 spent 43% of their post-tax income on housing and education, including interest on debt from college—slightly below the average for under-25s from 1989 to 2019. Bolstered by high incomes, American Zoomers’ home-ownership rates are higher than millennials’ at the same age (even if they are lower than previous generations’).
In 2022 Americans aged between 15 and 24 spent 25% less time on “working and work-related activities” than in 2007. A new paper published by the imf analyses the number of hours that people say they would like to work. Not long ago young people wanted to work a lot more than older people. Now they want to work less. According to analysis by Jean Twenge of San Diego State University, the share of American 12th-graders (aged 17 or 18) who see work as a “central part of life” has dropped sharply.

I also enjoyed this graph which supports generation X being the slacker generation.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

SirPablo posted:

Yea I thought it was generally decent. I didn't read it at all as "ten interview rounds", each step was filtering. How many people here have hired for a single position and diligently reviewed even 50 resumes plus interviewed every applicant? It doesn't work like that.

ive heard this from a lot of hr people, and i just...dont understand. reading resumes diligently is your job, so maybe you should...do it? its not that hard, thats like 100 pages of text if each one is 2 pages. what else would you be doing? benefits systems are automated, policy updates arent so frequent that they take 8 hours a day every day, what the gently caress are you doing all day.

im no jp morgan but it feels like hiring well is a top business priority, how can you do anything else if you dont have the right employees.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

SirPablo posted:

I do zero HR in my current job but thanks.

ah its the hr director, good to see you man

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

SirPablo posted:

I've been on both ends plenty of times.

lol middle management, nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Casey Finnigan posted:

There were like five interviews including 2 where the dude jerks himself off over how hard they are and how few people pass

"90% of people fail the interview with me, then there's a team interview where if even 1 person says 'maybe' you're OUT"

you could tell that guy was SUPER proud of the 90% fail disclosure, he was fuckin waiting for a chance to drop that in there

"many are called, but few are chosen by me, the Job-Giver"