Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah, about that.

Tony immediately back-tracking on his supportitive statement. Words are empty without actual action. Either run Oklahoma again and put Nyla front and center or outright say you'll never run Oklahoma again.

He never said he wouldn't do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Good statement from Tony Khan. Glad to see Nyla getting time to shine hosting for PPV pre show too, i’d love to see her back in the title picture soon. She’d make a great TBS champ
Seems like the TBS title storyline is busy for the summer.

Nyla for Owen Hart Cup win?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think it will be pretty obvious if they decide to never run Oklahoma again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah, about that.

Tony immediately back-tracking on his supportitive statement. Words are empty without actual action. Either run Oklahoma again and put Nyla front and center or outright say you'll never run Oklahoma again.

I think it's important to ask any talent that may be affected what they'd like to do than commit to never running Oklahoma again, personally.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah, about that.

Tony is the kind of dude who likes to make absolutely fuckin' sure before making announcements, he is going to want to have all his ducks in a row before making any announcement like that

like for example, how the acclaimed/bullet club gold angle definitely should have happened before now, and it sounds like tony was being overly cautious about someone rehabbing something before committing it to paper

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Everything surrounding toni storm is so weird lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony isn’t abiding by all the ultimatums i gave him online again

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Everything surrounding toni storm is so weird lol

Toni Storm and her husband Juice Robinson are also both really weird IRL.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Timeless Toni Storm is a treasure and everything about it has delighted me (other than the unnecessary and badly executed cheating when she won the title.)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Toni is married to the Gritty of pro wrestlint?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Toni is married to the Gritty of pro wrestlint?

No, Toni is married to Juice Robinson

Gritty is the Juice Robinson of mascots

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Holding Tony to the impossible standard of what he said thirty seconds before.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rantmo posted:

(other than the unnecessary and badly executed cheating when she won the title.)

it was executed very well, imo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Holding Tony to the impossible standard of what he said thirty seconds before.

He gave a clear, unequivocal statement of support. You think you're doing some sort of supportive gotcha. You're not.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

graph posted:

well yeah it got her the win :v:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You want Tony to not do a business and promise he's going to run Oklahoma and tell them to gently caress off or swear he will never run a state again and he's not going to do either of those because he's running a business and the business is going to come first. Does it suck? Lol yeah but your problem is that economic concerns come first in this world.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

well yeah it got her the win :v:

getting donged with a secret candy dish was always going to be clumsy and awkward, it was part of the charm of the cheat

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

graph posted:

It would have been if the drat plate had stayed put.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hey, remember in the last thread that I said I was writing a listicle about AEW's best storylines? Here's the listicle about AEW's best storylines.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Gavok posted:

Hey, remember in the last thread that I said I was writing a listicle about AEW's best storylines? Here's the listicle about AEW's best storylines.

I forgot about the Avalon/Cutler storyline, that was a fun one. :unsmith:

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Garcia beats Cope for the TNT title at DoN and the Bucks use their EVP status to get Perry an immediate title match that he wins. Meanwhile, Cope doesn’t like what the Bucks did so he starts feuding with them leading to him teaming back up with Christian. Okada feuds with whoever else he wants.

christians dead tho but i like this

okada will feud with a mirror he finds backstage and continues having intense poseoffs with. he has matches with anyone who dares walk in the way and block his view.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've been wondering since Jon won it if Danielson might end up beating him. They never got to finish their last bout, after all...

This is also a fun end/continuation of "heel danielson invites mox to join the violence gang" that started the whole bcc angle

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1780724575308804104

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gavok posted:

Great article! So many good memories here, some I was even a regular watcher for. :unsmith:

I really am so glad we got Punk coming out to Miseria Cantare for that dog collar match. I nearly fainted watching it happen. Magical stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

This was a great write up Gavok.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gavok posted:

it's funny how many great feuds DIDN'T make the list because there's, well, so many lmao

personally I'm bummed that the Mox/Hanger feud of Who Can Dish Out The More Severe Brain Injury didn't make the cut

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He gave a clear, unequivocal statement of support. You think you're doing some sort of supportive gotcha. You're not.

He gave a clear, unequivocal statement of support and then immediately underminded it. Don't make such a statement if you aren't willing to back it up. The OSAC or whatever their acronym made a bigoted statement towards one of his talents, either tell them to piss up a rope and you'll use who you want when running a show in their state, or you'll take your business elsewhere if that's how they feel.

You don't have to give Tony credit for doing the right thing if he immediately backtracks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the elite/inner circle feud also had amazing moments like Hangman running like 50 yards on a football field to do a lariat and when he road into the stadium stampede match on a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_57WHrNLdQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSePwDI9OA0&t=25s

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I will always be grateful to AEW for helping keep me sane during the Covid lockdown.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I will always be grateful to AEW for helping keep me sane during the Covid lockdown.

if nothing else, it will always hold a special place in my heart for this reason. It was a very tough time for us all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

get their rear end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

He gave a clear, unequivocal statement of support and then immediately underminded it. Don't make such a statement if you aren't willing to back it up. The OSAC or whatever their acronym made a bigoted statement towards one of his talents, either tell them to piss up a rope and you'll use who you want when running a show in their state, or you'll take your business elsewhere if that's how they feel.

You don't have to give Tony credit for doing the right thing if he immediately backtracks.

the things Tony is actually doing and what you think Tony is doing are two very different things.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

shadowboxing with tony kahn, hes there, just out of sight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TKDS

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what was the logo on swerves hat during the interview. i doubt it was ween

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Bill Ospreay is the best wrestler in the whole wide world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ThePariah posted:

Bill Ospreay is the best wrestler in the whole wide world.

yah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That's TBD on sunday. Once the winner of Bryan/Ospreay wrestles the winner of Okada/Pac.