Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
John Lovitz is still alive. Do it Quinten, do it damnit, give us The Critic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Quentin is actually dropping this movie to do a live action The Critic.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For some reason he's going to stunt cast Mike Myers as Franklin, Pitt's playing Duke.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

He's just trying to emulate Miyazaki like the film nerd he is

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Imma choose to see this as a positive, and that we're getting Kill Bill Volume 3

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

No way, that Star Trek film is back on the table!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
He should do that 70s disaster film he was talking about for a bit a while ago.

We haven't had a 70s disaster film in a while.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drat, it sounded like he was really personally invested in The Critic. I was looking forward to it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
quentin just make a movie called Feet

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

quentin just make a movie called Feet

Man he must be angry at Miller for taking Happy Feet already.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Imma choose to see this as a positive, and that we're never getting another film from that obnoxious gently caress
:hmmyes:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
punkin you're not only one of the weirdest movie posters, you might be one of the weirdest people on here

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If it's weird to find Quentin Tarantino annoying then buddy I love weird

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Weird is fantastic, we just talked about it in... uh... was it Genchat?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Keep doing you!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I like his movies just fine, I even listen to that podcast on occasion, but he is an aggressively and obnoxiously annoying little gently caress. There's no argument to be had.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
Once upon a time in Hollywood was unfortunately pretty bad, imo, and the ending was, for me, one of the only times where Tarantino actually went too far and had a bunch of violence and gore that was just gratuitous without being enjoyable or engaging. The little mini thriller at the Manson ranch was well directed but I could really take or leave the rest of the movie

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It feels like a movie that is tailor-made for me to love, but I just really don't. I wish I liked it more, but it just felt so saggy and circuitous.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I did want to watch it but then I caught the Charles Manson scene and it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

he hasn't made anything outright terrible but he also hasn't made anything that was holy-poo poo-great since Inglorious Basterds

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I dunno that I find him terrible but I got mad at Hateful Eight and haven't been back for anything of his since, don't plan to change that. He's definitely a guy with a style, and that style began to grate on me to no end.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just realized that I own Hateful Eight and have never watched it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it's fine, but it's way too long for a movie that is filmed almost entirely in one room.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
Also I don't appreciate Bruce Lee haterade

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it's fine, but it's way too long for a movie that is filmed almost entirely in one room.
They did cut it into a mini series and put it on Netflix so people can actually take toilet breaks

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hateful Eight is a solid flick if a bit forgettable, though also a bit too in love with itself. Could definitely have been less self-indulgent.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I thought Django Unchained was legit good

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I admit my grudges about it are half-irrational. I hate that you literally can't puzzle out the mystery in the first half, it cheats, and also I ended up sitting through the whole thing because we expected our theater to do the intermission bit, but they didn't, so when we realized how deep we were info the film while disliking it, it still became "gently caress it, let's see it through"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I still laugh that Tarantino hyped up screening The Hateful Eight in a special widescreen format that isn't really used much anymore, and then proceeds to use it for a movie that is 99% in one room and not outside.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There's more than a couple of things that don't work in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood but the production/costume design alone make it worthwhile.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If the rest of the movie is like the Charles Manson scene fuuuuuuuck that.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's the Charles Manson scene? I saw it in theaters and can only recall He was creepily loitering at the Tate house days before the attack. It was a short, minor scene, and I haven't thought about it since.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Carpet posted:

Marty's next next film, after his upcoming Life of Jesus, is supposed to be a Frank Sinatra biopic starring Leonardo Di Caprio. Which is interesting news, as I had thought his next one was going to be The Wager, based on David Grann's book. I wonder if he reckons the Sinatra pic will be cheaper and more commercially viable than a film with portions set out at sea, making getting the funding for The Wager easier.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/martin-scorsese-frank-sinatra-biopic-dicaprio-jennifer-lawrence-1235973769/

DiCaprio really is ageless to Scorsese.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Come on, Scorcese, we've got a perfectly good Toby Huss right here

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jack B Nimble posted:

What's the Charles Manson scene? I saw it in theaters and can only recall He was creepily loitering at the Tate house days before the attack. It was a short, minor scene, and I haven't thought about it since.

I guess someone that's supposed to be a Charles Manson copycat? It was a crazy bearded dude and two crazy women attacking Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt at their house and it had some of the worst slapstick violence I've ever seen.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I didn't think the scene was executed particularly well myself, but it's a payoff to a number of elements in the film. Watching it out of context really wouldn't work.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You're talking about Tex one of Mansons groupies who did kill and butcher a bunch of people woth those ladies

As someone who has read Helter Skelter that scene was loving well earned. The reality is so much worse.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I guess someone that's supposed to be a Charles Manson copycat? It was a crazy bearded dude and two crazy women attacking Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt at their house and it had some of the worst slapstick violence I've ever seen.

I've never been interested in serial killers, and I've only read the odd book (I'll be gone in the dark) or seen the odd movie (Zodiac) about them; following them isn't some passion of mine the way it seems to be for some people, considering the rise of the various true crime podcasts or those various TV shows in thr 90s recounting real murders. That said, my cursory knowledge was that Charles Mason wasn't present in historical fact and that's also not supposed to be him in the finale. I think those people, in both reality and fiction, are his "disciples".

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Jackie Brown is the best Tarantino Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't care if it was Charles Manson or Charles Nelson Reilly, I hated the tone and execution.

whydirt posted:

Jackie Brown is the best Tarantino Movie

This is correct.