Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LazyMaybe posted:

it's already at 48.5%

So that leaves 1.03 billion. At about 8 hours elapsed, and looking at the current bug diver count of about 170,000 divers that's over 750 bugs per diver per hour... Less so if the hour count isn't quite right but that's still hundreds. Even if with a higher assumption of bug divers at 300k that'd still be a few hundred bugs per hour per diver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Would like to see how long this order would take if we didn't have the rocket launching mission type literally allowing us to feed bugs into the airstrike grinder.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's pretty easy to get 300-400+ kills per drop playing normally, so I can definitely imagine some wild numbers from people actually trying to get kills.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

The Shame Boy posted:

Would like to see how long this order would take if we didn't have the rocket launching mission type literally allowing us to feed bugs into the airstrike grinder.

Bug9 Blitzes are 100-250 kills each for 8 minutes of work

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

novaSphere posted:

It's pretty easy to get 300-400+ kills per drop playing normally, so I can definitely imagine some wild numbers from people actually trying to get kills.

With 300k players, it would take about 20 missions each averaging 333 bugs per mission.

I don't believe we've legit hit half of that in like 12 hours lol

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Are there ICBM missions on bug worlds? Maybe it's counting those.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

"All the bugs had babies and those babies had babies (fast maturity cycle) and now there is 100 billion bugs on Hellmire. And they're not vulnerable to fire."

this but its an actual bug mechanic where they grow more resistant to a planets hazards the higher the liberation %.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

With 300k players, it would take about 20 missions each averaging 333 bugs per mission.

I don't believe we've legit hit half of that in like 12 hours lol

oh god I just looked and it's already over 50%. this MO is gonna be over before I get off work today

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We're just going to piss off the big bugs faster.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I mean, yeah, I hope so.

Bugs could use some new units.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lobok posted:

So that leaves 1.03 billion. At about 8 hours elapsed, and looking at the current bug diver count of about 170,000 divers that's over 750 bugs per diver per hour...
That's very believable to be honest.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

FunkyFjord posted:

I mean, yeah, I hope so.

Bugs could use some new units.

Shai-Hulud when

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LazyMaybe posted:

That's very believable to be honest.

I guess I've been in relatively pacifist missions because I typically don't see those kinds of kill counts, let alone for every member on the team.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

I guess I've been in relatively pacifist missions because I typically don't see those kinds of kill counts, let alone for every member on the team.

i got 812 bug kills on a mission the other day

definitely achievable, but thats still a pretty drat respectable average considering how many players are fighting bots

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Updated nvidia drivers recently and started getting video tearing when I never did before. Vsync is on. Anyone else get this?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

nexus6 posted:

Updated nvidia drivers recently and started getting video tearing when I never did before. Vsync is on. Anyone else get this?

v sync is on in game or in control panel? Both?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The Estanu defense is gonna be secured in record time too, meaning all the bug divers are gonna head straight for Oshaune because gently caress Hellmire. Which also means we're probably gonna piss off whatever's on that hive world of Omicron soon. :getin:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

v sync is on in game or in control panel? Both?

In game. It's not even in the list for the control panel.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What's your average framerate?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How do rewards for Major Orders work, do you miss out if it's completed before you even log on lol

Slung Blade posted:

Fortunately I haven't had that issue. I am apparently very stupid and get into (I'd consider) way too close combat with a troop of berserkers so I needed to get good with quick shot panic attacks against those bastards.

I fuckin loved bf1942 also, I get a lot of similar vibes from helldivers. That game ruined my GPA in university, heh.

Hell yeah, it was a great game. Crazy to be playing teams of like 30 vs 30 in 2002. Me and a couple buddies in high school would get in some pre-Ventrilo voicechat and operate as a small zpecial forces squad amidst the chaos.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nexus6 posted:

I updated mine and have Vsync on, no issues.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tender Bender posted:

How do rewards for Major Orders work, do you miss out if it's completed before you even log on lol

No, they're for everybody. You can log in after a couple weeks and be greeted with tons of medals from stuff the community completed while you were slacking off.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Tender Bender posted:

Lobok posted:

No, they're for everybody. You can log in after a couple weeks and be greeted with tons of medals from stuff the community completed while you were slacking off.

You're capped at 250 medals, so it might make sense to log in every now and then to simply buy stuff

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The Estanu defense is gonna be secured in record time too, meaning all the bug divers are gonna head straight for Oshaune because gently caress Hellmire. Which also means we're probably gonna piss off whatever's on that hive world of Omicron soon. :getin:

Hiveworld? That sounds like a lot of oil.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lobok posted:

I feel like I normally get 200-300 kills in 20-30 mins, sometimes quite a bit more, so it makes sense to me.
Also remember, average pubbie helldiver loves to sit on a meaningless hill and shoot every bug that spawns

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Pretty sure once we win this major order too soon they'll do another round with more ambitious targets. All they need is a writer to whip up a cheeky war update.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I think most everyone who wants to play is in the discord already but if you are still stuck playing with pubs you should come play with us. We have multiple squads going at pretty much all times of the day going at whatever difficulty you wanna play at.

https://discord.gg/kKr47PXT4W

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

One other theory that popped up is kill credit is shared like Personal Orders, so total squad kills at the end of a mission are being multiplied for each member of the squad.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

novaSphere posted:

One other theory that popped up is kill credit is shared like Personal Orders, so total squad kills at the end of a mission are being multiplied for each member of the squad.

yeah, that's plausible

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

municipal shrimp posted:

I think most everyone who wants to play is in the discord already but if you are still stuck playing with pubs you should come play with us. We have multiple squads going at pretty much all times of the day going at whatever difficulty you wanna play at.

https://discord.gg/kKr47PXT4W

I joined a few days ago but how does it actually work? We have to do voice through Discord instead of in-game?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They might have to tack on a a lot more zeros to the major order if this is supposed to last the weekend.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

novaSphere posted:

Lol now that you've mentioned it this seems extremely likely

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

nexus6 posted:

In game. It's not even in the list for the control panel.

I would say try adding it to the nvidia control panel list of games and forcing vsync on there if other things don't work

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Lobok posted:

I joined a few days ago but how does it actually work? We have to do voice through Discord instead of in-game?

If you're on PS5 there is a way to push it to go through there instead. PlayStation added the feature some time back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

novaSphere posted:

I noticed when using the fire breaker that I was definitely getting a kill for everything I set on fire if other people killed them, so at least everyone who contributes to a kill gets credit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah there definitely like an assist feature for kills.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

As well there should be imo. It's a co-op game.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Sindai posted:

I noticed when using the fire breaker that I was definitely getting kill credit for everything I set on fire if other people killed them, so at least everyone who contributes to a kill gets credit.

What I'm saying is like, you know how you get Personal Order credit for kills with poo poo like AP Mines or the AMR even when they're not your kills? I think it's doing that for Terminid kills in general. Hypothetically, if P1 gets 200 kills and P2 gets 150 kills, the game could be considering both players to have gotten 350 kills each and is incrementing the MO tally by 700.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Slung Blade posted:

I kinda skipped the anti material rifle in my early days, going right for the auto cannon, which is great and I still love. I had heard about the AMR sight issue, and I was mostly fighting bugs then, which the AMR isn't great for, regardless.

But I completed that AMR daily they ran last week against the robots and jeezluz it turns out I really like it. I'm still using it now, it's fantastic against drat near everything. I'm better at taking out hulks with it than the AC, which honestly I thought would be impossible. Taking out entire columns of robbits down from 200m.

Also the senator is absolutely the best sidearm.

yeah AMR is great on robots and that's with a controller, it would be a delete key with mouse and keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

novaSphere posted:

What I'm saying is like, you know how you get Personal Order credit for kills with poo poo like AP Mines or the AMR even when they're not your kills? I think it's doing that for Terminid kills in general. Hypothetically, if P1 gets 200 kills and P2 gets 150 kills, the game could be considering both players to have gotten 350 kills each and is incrementing the MO tally by 700.

If this is the case, we're "only" moving at a max of quadruple speed, so we'd easily complete it under correct mathing.

Sidenote, doesn't matter here, but Personal Orders don't count your teammate kills if they do not currently have the order. Which was a problem when i joined my friends after they already had the 75 mortar kills