Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

sebmojo posted:

yeah AMR is great on robots and that's with a controller, it would be a delete key with mouse and keyboard.

That's how I am playing, and yes that would be my experience, it's awesome. :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

novaSphere posted:

What I'm saying is like, you know how you get Personal Order credit for kills with poo poo like AP Mines or the AMR even when they're not your kills? I think it's doing that for Terminid kills in general. Hypothetically, if P1 gets 200 kills and P2 gets 150 kills, the game could be considering both players to have gotten 350 kills each and is incrementing the MO tally by 700.

It could be but there's no reason for that to be the case. The math works out more or less fine if it's counting one for one off the end mission kill screen.

A quarter of a million players killing a couple to several hundred bugs every drop constantly since the order started is a whole lot of dead bugs very quickly.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Lobok posted:

I joined a few days ago but how does it actually work? We have to do voice through Discord instead of in-game?

you just post in the channel that you're looking for a squad or hop in one of the voice channels and someone will respond/join on you quickly!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

BitBasher posted:

It could be but there's no reason for that to be the case. The math works out more or less fine if it's counting one for one off the end mission kill screen.

A quarter of a million players killing a couple to several hundred bugs every drop constantly since the order started is a whole lot of dead bugs very quickly.

I also wonder if it's possible that much like doing the extermination missions, the bigger bugs are being counted more towards the count? Between that and the plausible combining of kills would certainly mean we are completely zooming straight through this way faster than even the devs intended.

Even still i eagerly await gaming news headlines coming soon of "Helldivers 2 community kills 2 billion bugs in less that than 12 hours" to the amazment of people that don't play this game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

sebmojo posted:

yeah AMR is great on robots and that's with a controller, it would be a delete key with mouse and keyboard.

I just watched a YouTube video showing the sight misalignment issue which I had no idea about... Going to correct for that tonight and see how I do

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

:chefkiss:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

The Shame Boy posted:

I also wonder if it's possible that much like doing the extermination missions, the bigger bugs are being counted more towards the count? Between that and the plausible combining of kills would certainly mean we are completely zooming straight through this way faster than even the devs intended.

Even still i eagerly await gaming news headlines coming soon of "Helldivers 2 community kills 2 billion bugs in less that than 12 hours" to the amazment of people that don't play this game.

Well really, the devs have a history of dramatically underestimating the progress the player base can accomplish particularly early on.

That's why they changed planetary goal math to be calculated from absolute numbers to percentage of the population working on a planet. When the game launched and after it got really popular in the first couple weeks, they'd give us a 5-day goal we would knock out in some obscenely short period of time. Devs even commented that we were doing it far faster than intended back then.

This was the first goal we've had in a while that was in absolute numbers. And again we are knocking the living poo poo out of it. This could be intentional or it could be somebody bad at math setting the number. I wouldn't put it past them either way. Based on posts on social media, a lot of people dramatically underestimate the number of dead bugs that get turned out by this player based on a daily basis. :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cept for the liberate 8 bot planets or whatever it was early on.

Everyone was too busy spamming eradication missions.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

novaSphere posted:

:chefkiss:

Tell me you play difficulty 4 without actually telling me

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Cept for the liberate 8 bot planets or whatever it was early on.

Everyone was too busy spamming eradication missions.

I'm 95% sure we weren't intended to complete that just like we went and tended to complete a couple of others. Some of it's for the overall narrative. At least once we completed one that devs said they didn't expect us to.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Risky Bisquick posted:

Tell me you play difficulty 4 without actually telling me

read it again

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Question, has the game been very stable for people that last two days, in terms of disconnects?

I got a new modem the other day and my experience in game has been vastly improved but not sure if that was just coincidence.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuBYG6XMZCc

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BadLlama posted:

Question, has the game been very stable for people that last two days, in terms of disconnects?

I can't play for an hour without either mysteriously returning to my ship alone mid-mission or straight-up disconnecting from the game while still stuck inside a mission like this:

https://i.imgur.com/lnmN1MG.mp4

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Hwurmp posted:

read it again

Doing that meme so wrong

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Doctor Zero posted:

Eruptor one-shots spewers if you hit it in the soft spot. I'm pretty sure I've killed 2 with one shot before, but one of them may have been wounded.
This isn't true, by the way. Not even for nursery spewers. If a spewer pops when you shoot its abdomen with eruptor, something else damaged it as well.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Eediot Jedi posted:

Pretty sure once we win this major order too soon they'll do another round with more ambitious targets. All they need is a writer to whip up a cheeky war update.

Finally, the order to Kill Six Billion Termanids.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

LazyMaybe posted:

This isn't true, by the way. Not even for nursery spewers. If a spewer pops when you shoot its abdomen with eruptor, something else damaged it as well.

Seems to one shot just fine when I shoot it in the face with an eruptor.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

BitBasher posted:

Seems to one shot just fine when I shoot it in the face with an eruptor.

They did say abdomen though

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Black Noise posted:

They did say abdomen though

They did. And no, that doesn't one shot it for me at all. But, If I shoot one in the face and it dies, then shoot one in the face next to it they often both explode because the damage radius pushed the first one to popping and blows up them both.

I can see how someone might think that it could be a one shot sometimes if they weren't really paying attention.

Edit: the Eruptor is pretty handy for killing bile spewers at a distance.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

re: Eruptor Chat - I just tried it on a laid back level 5 operation and I'm not sure I'm getting it. It is a real good bile spewer popper and with some amount of placement seems to be able to one shot brood commanders? But it felt very bad against chargers. Am I supposed to be shooting the butt with the eruptor because it wasn't penetrating the head.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

re: Eruptor Chat - I just tried it on a laid back level 5 operation and I'm not sure I'm getting it. It is a real good bile spewer popper and with some amount of placement seems to be able to one shot brood commanders? But it felt very bad against chargers. Am I supposed to be shooting the butt with the eruptor because it wasn't penetrating the head.

It doesn't penetrate the head, only heavy anti tank options do that.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Ice Fist posted:

like with the autocannon you have to go for the butt, but really you'd prefer to be shooting anything else with it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ice Fist posted:

Eruptor doesn't really do much against chargers. It's great at crowd control, taking out tightly packed groups of enemies, closing bug holes and bot factories from a distance. But it's slow and unwieldy and doesn't really help against chargers so I'll bring along another strategem like the stalwart or quasar to switch to or an airstrike or let my teammates kill the charger while I take out the chaff around it in those situations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

No, the eruptor a primary. You're supposed to use your support weapon for that!

Or maybe shoot it in the rear end, but it's not great.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

More bugs:

-a couple of instances where turning a radar dish did not alter the terminal display showing its orientation vs target orientation. One time just kind of leaving the terminal seemed to allow it to work with the guy working the dish just listening for the little beep that says "on target".

-I got stuck under the carcass of a bile spewer that I had just killed with my Eruptor, the explosion sucked me under it. My buddy had to shoot half the carcass away and I was able to climb out.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zwabu posted:

My buddy had to shoot half the carcass away and I was able to climb out.

Consider it a rebirth in the fires of democracy.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Holy poo poo it’s at 97% done

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Eruptor tip: never fire the last round in the magazine, reload instead. You'll still get 5 shots per mag and you won't have to rack a new round, making the reload just slow rather than painfully slow.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Video Nasty posted:

Me at work as this fun five-day Major Order near completion in barely a day.

https://youtu.be/GFxkkI9Z-ac?si=4zsuh6iKPrxufsoC

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Video Nasty posted:

Helldivers Hate bugs.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Has anyone been able to complete a refueling mission on the last 2 patches? I've had 1 instance where the mission auto completed when pulling the initial lever to lock a ship in, and like 3 instances of joining a mission that was stuck waiting for the ship and it never arrived.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Zwabu posted:

More bugs:

-a couple of instances where turning a radar dish did not alter the terminal display showing its orientation vs target orientation. One time just kind of leaving the terminal seemed to allow it to work with the guy working the dish just listening for the little beep that says "on target".

-I got stuck under the carcass of a bile spewer that I had just killed with my Eruptor, the explosion sucked me under it. My buddy had to shoot half the carcass away and I was able to climb out.

I think that first one has been in for a while, but also sometimes the little console display will just have a question mark in the radar dish display and you have to align it by sound anyway. Not sure if they're related.

As for being stuck under various bug carcasses I think you can also wait for them to shrink into the ground and despawn, but I always just grenade or otherwise explode myself if possible necause it's far faster.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Were they all on bug planets? I'm not certain but I think this is part of the Atmospheric Spores modifier.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I was having luck earlier today skimming shots off the ground with the eruptor into the bottoms of chargers and 2 shotting them but idk how consistent that is

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Aaaaand the order is complete. :lol:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Easy game

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

They make it like....50 billion terminds!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nidflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

FunkyFjord posted:

As for being stuck under various bug carcasses I think you can also wait for them to shrink into the ground and despawn, but I always just grenade or otherwise explode myself if possible necause it's far faster.

I hate blowing myself up when I get caught under terrain (I get that's not the case here, just saying). Mostly because I hated losing my precious samples.

Game needs a tilt function to bring your feet back up to whatever ground level is, or something.