Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
There's no question mark in the title of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's just...a sentence fragment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

rollick posted:

There's no question mark in the title of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's just...a sentence fragment?

Hollywood superstition that films with questions marks at the end do not succeed at the box office.

Or you could say judge Doom is the person “who framed Roger rabbit”

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

rollick posted:

This is some Berenstain Bears poo poo

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Interestingly enough, the book that it's loosely based on, Who Censored Roger Rabbit? actually does use a question mark.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The original idea was that Roger was being framed by legendary British rockers The Who.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

The original idea was that Roger was being framed by legendary British rockers The Who.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
The titles of the Rambo movies are, in order:

First Blood

Rambo

Rambo III

Rambo

John Rambo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Pneub posted:

First Blood

Rambo: First Blood pt 2

Rambo III

Rambo

Rambo: Last Blood

Ftfy

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

root beer posted:

Same, plus I get him mixed up with that other bespectacled bald guy with a beard who’s in like fifty separate YouTube channels except he’s British

Simon Whistler.
Who talks way too much about cocaine to not be on it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rollick posted:

this abbott & costello routine needs work

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The common houseplant Devil's Ivy aka Pothos isn't actually called Pothos, its proper name is Epipremnum aureum. It used to be classified as part of the pothos genus but it got reclassified in the 60s but everyone still calls it Pothos.

I actually went to a nursery today to try and buy some but they didn't have any Pothos at all, just lots of this Epipremnum bullshit. I didn't think to google it until I got home, lol

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Pneub posted:

First Blood

Rambo

Rambo III

Rambo

John Rambo

There's a fan wiki that describes every Rambo kill in each movie (although they ran out of steam for the last one).

https://rambo.fandom.com/wiki/On-Screen_kills_by_John_Rambo

The totals by movie are

1 (guy who drew the titular first blood)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The common houseplant Devil's Ivy aka Pothos isn't actually called Pothos, its proper name is Epipremnum aureum. It used to be classified as part of the pothos genus but it got reclassified in the 60s but everyone still calls it Pothos.

I actually went to a nursery today to try and buy some but they didn't have any Pothos at all, just lots of this Epipremnum bullshit. I didn't think to google it until I got home, lol
They should at least have put "Pothos" (in quotation marks) on the labels! Boooo

You can also obtain pothos by asking anybody who has a pothos for a pothos. It'll just take a little while until the cuttings take. I got a full plant when I moved into my dorm in 1995; it's still going strong, and so are all of its clones. They're good plants--enjoy!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hirayuki posted:

You can also obtain pothos by asking anybody who has a pothos for a pothos. It'll just take a little while until the cuttings take. I got a full plant when I moved into my dorm in 1995; it's still going strong, and so are all of its clones. They're good plants--enjoy!

Yeah it turns out a friend who already owed me a favour has been propagating a whole lot of :airquote: pothos :airquote:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Does that evoke pity and sadness in you?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Maybe I should ask for some bothos instead

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Maybe I should ask for some bothos instead

Bothos nuts?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lot of Pothos pathos in this thread.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Where are my pot hos at?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
get the daisies for the pothos in my own

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The original, African acacia trees aren’t in the genus Acacia anymore because your weird continent executed a hostile takeover on it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Platystemon posted:

The original, African acacia trees aren’t in the genus Acacia anymore because your weird continent executed a hostile takeover on it.

You got me to look this up and now I'm mad about tree genuses, what the gently caress

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I just learned that Chris Elliot is not a pedophile?

I think around the time of There's Something About Mary someone told me he'd been arrested for molesting kids. I never saw him in anything else after that, so I assumed it had been true. But I look him up now, I don't think he's ever been in trouble. I've been grossed out by his face any time I've seen it for more than two decades, thinking he was a rapist.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

credburn posted:

I just learned that Chris Elliot is not a pedophile?

I think around the time of There's Something About Mary someone told me he'd been arrested for molesting kids. I never saw him in anything else after that, so I assumed it had been true. But I look him up now, I don't think he's ever been in trouble. I've been grossed out by his face any time I've seen it for more than two decades, thinking he was a rapist.

It's a shame you didn't realize this earlier. Due to Brett Gelman losing his mind, you missed the window to uncritically enjoy Eagleheart.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

credburn posted:

I've been grossed out by his face any time I've seen it for more than two decades, thinking he was a rapist.
That's just his brand. Comedic genius but absolutely repulsive. I almost didn't watch Schitt's Creek because he was in it, but they knew how to use his talents properly without overdoing it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I first heard Meatloaf's "Like a Bat out of Hell" as a child I assumed it was about vampires and I literally never reexamined that thought until about an hour ago.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Paradise By The Dashboard Lights is about the car Christine, and also baseball.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

YggiDee posted:

When I first heard Meatloaf's "Like a Bat out of Hell" as a child I assumed it was about vampires and I literally never reexamined that thought until about an hour ago.

That song is so great. It's about a dude who just has to get the gently caress out of that town. That town SUCKS. It SUCKS. He HAS TO LEAVE. God dammit there's nothing worse than that stupid town. So he spends one last night with his girlfriend, and as he's riding his silver-black phantom bike out of town, he can't stop thinking of the girl, and distracted, he flies off a cliff and crashes his motorcycle. So he's just lying there in the mess of his bike, but his heart is so fuckin determined to leave that boring rear end town, that it literally explodes from his chest, and flies away, away from that awful boring town where nothing really rocks and nothing ever rolls. And I guess he just watches his heart fly away, like WTF

I think also the town might have undead in it, I can't remember. The opening lyrics are, in my mind

The fires are burning and the dead, they are rising way down in the valley tonight

Not going to look it up because my version's cooler anyway.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

YggiDee posted:

Total Eclipse of the Heart originally was about vampires AND had the same writer as Bat Out of Hell; so I don't think you are that far outside of the realm of possibility there.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I still prefer the idea that Master of Puppets is about this thing and not cocaine.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The Master of Puppets is actually about my technique anytime I get dog-piled for expressing my bad opinions.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Ommin posted:

Total Eclipse of the Heart originally was about vampires AND had the same writer as Bat Out of Hell; so I don't think you are that far outside of the realm of possibility there.

The video for Total Eclipse is loving wild, it's full of pale young men in singlets with shiny eyes prancing around a dollar store version of Hogwarts. Bonnie Tyler is apparently the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, wardrobe from the Nordstroms in the Eden Prairie Mall circa 1982.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Torquemada posted:

The video for Total Eclipse is loving wild, it's full of pale young men in singlets with shiny eyes prancing around a dollar store version of Hogwarts. Bonnie Tyler is apparently the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, wardrobe from the Nordstroms in the Eden Prairie Mall circa 1982.

The Literal Video version is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jim Steinman was just the master of bombast, undisputed. Was he a Broadway guy? He should have been a Broadway guy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jim Steinman began his career in musical theatre, although surprisingly nothing ever reached the notoriety of Bat out of Hell (which he later adapted for the stage).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, he wrote and maybe directed? a musical that had Meat Loaf in the cast, as far as I'm aware that's how they started working together.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Torquemada posted:

Really dude? Boarding schools existed before the Harry Potter books came out.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

root beer posted:

Jim Steinman was just the master of bombast, undisputed. Was he a Broadway guy? He should have been a Broadway guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aeLVSOAAdE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hyperlynx posted:

Really dude? Boarding schools existed before the Harry Potter books came out.

Also JK Rowling was only 17 years old when that music video was shot, lol.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Torquemada posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

A classic of the Old Internet