Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Jimong5 posted:

I'm pretty sure I see more Admirals / Predators gear around town than Wild/Blackhawks/Redwings.

Like why would a Wisconsin fan cheer for a team from a city where all their biggest rivals are from?

Hell, why would you cheer for a team that is actively preventing you from having a hometown one?

I don't think I knew any Wild/Red Wings fans when I was in Wisconsin, just a few Blackhawks fans. More Admirals fans than Blackhawks fans though. I became an Avalanche fan when they were moved from QC, which turned out to be great because I got to hate on the Red Wings consistently.

I'd ditch them in a heartbeat if the Admirals moved up to NHL though. Wish I could find that gif of the cartoony mascot skull bouncing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Packers signed a tackle, Andre Dillard. I mostly share this update as an excuse to also share the Rotoworld writeup when he was drafted:

Philly traded the 25th pick, the 127th pick, and the 197th pick to move up. This is a value selection for a team that will have to replace 37-year-old LT Jason Peters in the near future. Dillard (6’5/315) made 42 starts at left tackle for Mike Leach’s Cougars, earning first-team All-Pac 12 honors and PFF College’s highest pass-blocking grade in the nation as a senior. He shredded the Combine, running 4.96 with an elite 4.4-second short shuttle, a highly predictive metric for offensive line success. Dillard has quick feet to mirror in pass protection, big hands (10"), and long enough arms (33 ˝") to stay on the blind side. He checks virtually every box as a long-term starter with Pro Bowl upside.

Five years later, he's a fifth-week-of-free-agency who-gives-a-poo poo guy. This same fate (or worse) awaits many of our upcoming shiny new draftees.

Looking up Dillard, he played 319 snaps as a rookie at left and right tackle but was underwhelming. Then his second season was lost to a biceps tear during preseason, then in his third season he was in a training camp battle for the starting job and lost it after being out for weeks due to a knee sprain, but ended up starting five games at left tackle. Fourth season was mostly lost due to a broken forearm but he played a bit late as a reserve guard. Titans signed him for 3 years/$29 million last offseason and he started 10 games, then got released after allowing 41 pressures (including 12 sacks).

Pretty brutal track record, honestly! I have immense faith in our offensive line coaching staff so I don't mind them trying out a project, but I'm skeptical this would have much impact on our draft plans. Curious what he cost.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dillard is nothing more than a depth / competition signing. This is why:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also lol at doing black alternates in 2024 when you have no black in your color scheme. Let's bring back the Mariucci era!

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1781100324134043989?t=XIy67z_B8GrnsvM7Szt-YA&s=19

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

These do look sick

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1781103610979291145

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Ok yeah that's not bad, usually black unis are crap but that works.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Dan “Dantallica” Campbell would clearly want those back. They’re the most long haired Dan Campbell thing I could imagine.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think that just looks like what the Panthers should have instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really like the new numbers and text.

I will mildly miss the pajama unis.

Is the black lion helmet replacing the throwback alt helmet from last year? If so, man, I'll really miss that helmet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Blue Facemasks let’s fuckin’ gooooooooooo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/lions/status/1781102328235397566?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like the new unis. Glad there is no black in the blue and white ones.

The black with the blue pants is pretty cool.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Per Sun God’s IG:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The black uniforms look like a XFL jersey

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Would be a drat shame if they don't use last years blue helmets. Hoping they aren't including them cause they aren't "new"

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The blue on black thing looks like a design I would have gone with in Backyard Football. So, pretty cool

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/detlionscheer/status/1781108941868450178?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
They did away with last years blue helmet logo. Why the gently caress would they do that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dillard is nothing more than a depth / competition signing. This is why:

Sorry, I don't speak time cube

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Sorry, I don't speak time cube

He's insanely athletic. he hasn't been good at the NFL level, but can't hurt to bring him in to compete for a depth spot. Gutey targets high RAS / SPARQ scores typically.

Walker / Tom are the current starting tackles and Walker was pretty impressive playing LT as a 2nd year 7th round pick and Tom can play any position on the line.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Overall I think the uniforms look pretty solid, glad they got rid of the all-grays. Excited to see them in action!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I like them all, just bummed they couldn't keep last years classic logo. :(

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hot Diggity! posted:

That raises the coolness factor imo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Comfortador posted:

I like them all, just bummed they couldn't keep last years classic logo. :(

Yeah, the alt helmet from last year was really cool, I'm gonna miss that one.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Hot Diggity! posted:

Print "He Ate Me" on the kneepads

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lmao these loving suck, barely any change, and just a move towards this god awful minimalist jersey design they are doing in other sports.

Why did this need a loving unveiling?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Looks pretty weak to me but I do like the blue helmet/black lion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lmao these loving suck, barely any change, and just a move towards this god awful minimalist jersey design they are doing in other sports.

Why did this need a loving unveiling?

Oh no......

Retro jerseys brought back retro woodrow......... :(

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

MJeff posted:

Oh no......

:laffo: :laffo:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

Oh no......

You'd think he of all people would think a redesign that removes the wcf patch would be worth it. But I think these also improve the font, stripes colors and helmets.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scipiotik posted:

You'd think he of all people would think a redesign that removes the wcf patch would be worth it. But I think these also improve the font, stripes colors and helmets.

Oh hey the WCF patch is gone? That's great news. These patches always stick around way, way longer than they should.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Every time I see it I'm reminded of World's Finest Chocolate, the charity chocolate people

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh hey the WCF patch is gone? That's great news. These patches always stick around way, way longer than they should.

Patch is gone, but now there's a WCF helmet decal.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It also came out the Kerby Joseph was playing with a hip injury all season, got offseason surgery. Hopefully that helps, he did look a step or two slow all season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus, was our safety depth really that bad that he had to play through an injury all season?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I recind my statement, unis rule.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The lions are finally letting go of their Western Conference Final berth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's covering? gently caress!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

and to be clear me being down on modern jerseys has nothing to do with supporting the Lions. I ate my crow and for at least 1 (one) season i must refrain from any SOL posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

as long as I never have to see those hideous all gray lions jerseys again.