Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

getting lots of questions already answered by our "this famine isn't like the Nazis" t shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Supreme Leader, lead them to paradise

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Question now is does Iran respond immediately or wait? They have to be read to go.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
interested to see the response

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Question now is does Iran respond immediately or wait? They have to be read to go.

absolutely, the question is only now to what degree and when the us gets involved, as it inevitably will

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh poo poo. Lmao those stupid gently caress. They really think that Iran isn't going to respond.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/antonioguterres/status/1781111994067644756

tweeted out ~10 minutes after the jerusalem post article was published. just the most unfortunate timing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
rare example of the quote in context making it worse

quote:

At this point, Netanyahu is said to have raised his voice and insisted, “It’s real. It’s reality. It’s not like what the Nazis staged, we’re not like the Nazis who produced fake images of a manufactured reality.”

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Asian markets are dropping, oil and gold are climbing

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Oh poo poo. Lmao those stupid gently caress. They really think that Iran isn't going to respond.

No, they do, they just want to 'force' the US' hand and have them directly get involved in the conflict so they can do whatever they want unabated.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Currently it seems the airspace over Iran isn't closed, but all flights are being diverted from over western and Central iran.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

TeenageArchipelago posted:

https://twitter.com/antonioguterres/status/1781111994067644756

tweeted out ~10 minutes after the jerusalem post article was published. just the most unfortunate timing

Unfortunate timing? No, it's quite the perfect timing

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
gently caress Israel

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Nothing on CNN, still only a single tweet cited on abcnews

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Senator Rubio explains how the crime was done.
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1781135619508285791?t=isj03DGU7bS2unmzsILMSw&s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ex post facho posted:

What are the odds Israel didn't tell us in advance

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

And this was the 'restrained' response that the US bought by approving Raffah occupation was it? What was the unrestrained one? Carpet bombing Tehran?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/hdagres/status/1781134730341089689?t=5xMCi1Y04ue5EttnYkxmfQ&s=19

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Complications posted:

And this was the 'restrained' response that the US bought by approving Raffah occupation was it? What was the unrestrained one? Carpet bombing Tehran?

They were talking about using their nuke subs in the war council yesterday

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Al! posted:

"We did that poo poo. In fact we are the best at doing that poo poo."

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ex post facho posted:

abc news had an anonymous US official confirm an israeli strike in Iran to one of their journalists

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEIoHJmSok

From now on, Iran has pledged to strike Israel directly for every strike against Iran, including in Lebanon and Syria.

Long article from a quality mil blogger here https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/iran-breaches-anglo-zionist-defenses

crepeface posted:

explicitly locking in a pledge is pretty serious. they can't really back down easily so it seems like they're daring israel to escalate.

so, seems like Iran is going to have to step it up

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

e: nvm misread

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rabid rogue state doing israel things again

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ex post facho posted:

Seems like it's still going on so they're not gonna comment yet

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Does Iran have a bomber Harris?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

what the gently caress lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is netanyahu a holocaust denier??

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

well uh this seems Not Good.

I hope everyone is having the best night they can :shobon:

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1781135619508285791

This piece of poo poo.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is netanyahu a holocaust denier??

Netanyahu did Hitler apologism before, so probably.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The funniest (and best) thing to happen is that after everything all leading up to this point, right when Israel is going to need the US the most, the US is going to abandon them just like they've abandoned every allies of their at the most desperate times.

It's just going to be impossible to go to war with Iran and every higher ups in the Pentagon knows it

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
does it matter if the military guys know it when the politicians don't?

like they can still declare war and tell the military to do what they say if they want

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
if the US jumps into war with Iran then the strait of hormuz is closed and a fifth of global oil production stops going to market

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Chunky Salsa posted:

Sooooo do they still get to go into Rafah with the US's blessing?

They do don't they

lol at amassing ground forces for a doomed invasion riiiiiight after bombing an enemy who has 1.) just recently demonstrated their ranged strike capability and 2.) promised to retaliate

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Once again, the airspace over the levant being Israel's playground keeps bearing rotten fruit

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

AnEdgelord posted:

if the US jumps into war with Iran then the strait of hormuz is closed and a fifth of global oil production stops going to market

lol i shoould get gas a bike

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

NeonPunk posted:

The funniest (and best) thing to happen is that after everything all leading up to this point, right when Israel is going to need the US the most, the US is going to abandon them just like they've abandoned every allies of their at the most desperate times.

It's just going to be impossible to go to war with Iran and every higher ups in the Pentagon knows it

i think we're hoping we can just get iraq to do it for us again

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Man, I got to go to sleep for work tomorrow and there's a legit good chance that Israel just get their entire military vaporized overnight while I sleep.

Tomorrow morning ought to be a wonderful day!

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 20:31 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bad tweet, disregard