Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Fwiw I really like the Chargers offseason so far, from coach to coordinators to the personnel moves. Need a good draft with some potential cap issues but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the run we've been waiting for with herbie and at least play in the playoffs.

The cap issues are over :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Packers signed Andre Dillard. Packers are hosed

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He's just a depth signing. No guarantees he even makes the final roster.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

He was at one point the most Trested man in Chicago. That lasted a week and a half

He's not a leader and he's not some major find. But he's been coaching since the 1980s in a West Coast scheme and a "senior offensive assistant" title probably means he's establishing a scheme/basic foundational stuff that normal NFL viewers never see.

its like how saban basically ran a home for rehabilitating failed head coaches by sticking them in some analyst position

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

The cap issues are over :)

Fair now I look at it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On paper the Chargers look pretty good and may actually have a chance to be 1st in the AFCW.

Then the playoffs will happen and the team will get crushed by some real Patrick Mahomes Bullshit™️ throwing to a guy they literally signed off the street in week 15.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It's funny to think back and remember how much everyone loved him as a tackle prospect. There really is no such thing as a sure thing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

Fair now I look at it.

yea cap issues aren't just over, they're about to have an absurd amount of cap space next year assuming they release Bosa after this year. it's as close to a blank slate with a franchise QB as you can get

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Letting Nike go full Nike is how we ended up with the worst uniforms of the last decade, like Tampa's alarm clock numbers and Cleveland's crappy uniforms from the same period (Both 2014/2015 to 2019), or the Jags two-tone crap helmet with no transition.

With limited exceptions and a few minor changes (Notably the Chargers), basically every team should go back to the uniforms they had in like 1994-95.

I would leave the Patriots' uniforms in the past to be honest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Anderson Koopa posted:

I would leave the Patriots' uniforms in the past to be honest.

They’re one of the exceptions, they need the Pat Patriot unis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

On paper the Chargers look pretty good and may actually have a chance to be 1st in the AFCW.

Then the playoffs will happen and the team will get crushed by some real Patrick Mahomes Bullshit™️ throwing to a guy they literally signed off the street in week 15.

Eh. Defense has a long way to go. I think this year is gonna be rough, but 2025 will be pretty good

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm forgot where I read it but the Patriots are eligible for a new uniform design.

Pat Patriot but EXTREEEEEEME.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bears need to make a throwback jersey that is just bearskin pelt

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'm forgot where I read it but the Patriots are eligible for a new uniform design.

Pat Patriot but EXTREEEEEEME.

Tom Brady head instead

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
i can't for the life of me see why anyone would want pat patriot back for any reason other than nostalgia. "a minuteman bending over and grimacing", as funny-article-guy once put it. i remember genuinely feeling sorry for pats fans back then, being saddled with such an embarrassing logo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
With regards to how Harbaugh is going to design the offense, I hope Chargers fans love dominating O-line play, running the ball down people’s throats, controlling the time of possession, and a whole shitload of buckwild play action passes.

Herbert will almost certainly not be relentlessly leaned upon to play hero ball like he has in the past.

Especially if LA drafts Corum.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gonz posted:

With regards to how Harbaugh is going to design the offense, I hope Chargers fans love dominating O-line play, running the ball down people’s throats, controlling the time of possession, and a whole shitload of buckwild play action passes.

Herbert will almost certainly not be relentlessly leaned upon to play hero ball like he has in the past.

Especially if LA drafts Corum.

Keep going I'm almost there

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Patriots should absolutely go back to the Pat Patriot unis, especially given the onfield talent is similar :v:

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

They barely have any receiving core anymore (obviously will change somewhat with the draft), they had a defense last year that ranked somewhere around 28th in the league (28th in passing yards allowed, 30th in rushing yards allowed, 24th in points allowed), and we still have to find out how Harbaugh will work with Herbert in the offensive design.

What aspect of them feels like a "pretty good" team, much less one to take the AFCW?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gully Foyle posted:

They barely have any receiving core anymore (obviously will change somewhat with the draft), they had a defense last year that ranked somewhere around 28th in the league, and we still have to find out how Harbaugh will work with Herbert in the offensive design.

What aspect of them feels like a "pretty good" team, much less one to take the AFCW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3slX6-_20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

have you ever considered writing for USA Today

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/Lions/status/1781102328235397566

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1781103610979291145

https://x.com/fashion_nfl/status/1781103838310887445

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Black helmet sucks

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Parallax posted:

Black lion on the helmet sucks

I want to know who else has an alternate color scheme for their actual logo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the black lion makes the getup look like the dollar store league panthers at a glance even with the blue being way different

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I do appreciate that the Lions are trying to do a little something different with the alt helmets for the black alternates, but the color scheme doesn’t work anywhere near as well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the whole set is good imo good job lions

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah pretty much. I wish nothing but the best for LAC but I will believe it when I see it.

I still remember offseason hype for OL Forrest Lamp lol

Early draft pick, was supposed to be the key to fixing the line, was always injured and started 18 games across 4 years. Extremely Chargers.txt

Bellmaker posted:

Patriots should absolutely go back to the Pat Patriot unis, especially given the onfield talent is similar :v:

Bringing me back to my youth and my dad constantly complaining about how Steve Grogan sucks rear end (he was actually pretty good in hindsight? Also it is very very weird to look at the careers of pre-free agency dudes).

e: this attachment is Lamp's career not Grogan obviously

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 19, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Hot Diggity! posted:

He's just a depth signing. No guarantees he even makes the final roster.

there is no universe in which he is worth the ink, much less whatever his minimum pay is

they would be better served getting guys off the street

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Soul Glo posted:

there is no universe in which he is worth the ink, much less whatever his minimum pay is

they would be better served getting guys off the street

That's basically what they're doing with him. I'd be shocked if the guarantees are greater than nothing.

GB will be drafting at least two OL players. Given the amount of picks we've got, I wouldn't rule out as many as four. Gutey likes high RAS guys - which he is - but he's not competing for a starting role. It's a dart throw that has a low chance of being something that miraculously works out or has a high chance of amounting to a fart in the wind.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yeah pretty much. I wish nothing but the best for LAC but I will believe it when I see it.

I still remember offseason hype for OL Forrest Lamp lol

Early draft pick, was supposed to be the key to fixing the line, was always injured and started 18 games across 4 years. Extremely Chargers.txt

e: this attachment is Lamp's career not Grogan obviously

I will apologize for nothing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of alternate logos:
https://x.com/HoustonTexans/status/1781110550291747173

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

dingo with a joint posted:

i can't for the life of me see why anyone would want pat patriot back for any reason other than nostalgia. "a minuteman bending over and grimacing", as funny-article-guy once put it. i remember genuinely feeling sorry for pats fans back then, being saddled with such an embarrassing logo.

this sounds like some gen z poo poo. Bet you think the browns sprite mascot is bad too huh.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BlindSite posted:

Fwiw I really like the Chargers offseason so far, from coach to coordinators to the personnel moves. Need a good draft with some potential cap issues but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the run we've been waiting for with herbie and at least play in the playoffs.

I can't wait to quote this in a year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Docjowles posted:

Bringing me back to my youth and my dad constantly complaining about how Steve Grogan sucks rear end (he was actually pretty good in hindsight?

IIRC Grogan was an OK quarterback who declined with age like a normal football player from the 70s, but was kept around forever anyway because his would-be replacements kept eating poo poo. Him intermittently playing through 1990 was a symptom of the team's malaise.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I agree about going full whacko with uniform designs.

If I was an owner my uniforms would be an abomination of busy design. We’re talking a chimera of Maryland’s flag style details, 90s gradients, and V*A*P*O*R*W*A*V*E* aesthetic.

E: tassels and glitter, if possible
:hmmyes:

I am also open to dazzle camo.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I agree about going full whacko with uniform designs.

If I was an owner my uniforms would be an abomination of busy design. We’re talking a chimera of Maryland’s flag style details, 90s gradients, and V*A*P*O*R*W*A*V*E* aesthetic.

E: tassels and glitter, if possible

And here I thought it was impossible to improve the Seahawks' action greens even more but here we are.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nervous posted:

I can't wait to quote this in a year.

I'm just happy we're moving in the right direction

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

dingo with a joint posted:

That's exactly why we all want it back. Most of us aren't Patriots fans

The full black and full white unis look great (I don't mind the grey helmet with black logo at all, I think that will look good as hell in game action). Probably an unpopular opinion but I really liked the grey letters, at least they kept some grey in there as a border.

Overall a very safe uni update, but successful I think.

e: I thought the full black helmet was grey, not blue. Shame, I think grey with black logo helmet and full black uni with blue stripes would've looked fantastic.

Play fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Black Lions unis veer too far into Panthers territory for me, not sure I'd want that association right now.