Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m not complaining since they did good jobs but did ANY previous voice actors return for Remake/Rebirth or did Square recast absolutely everyone? Some soap opera actor was the only English voice of Cloud for like 2 decades and it’s kinda sad he got dumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I think it’s entirely new VA for the remake series

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Um actually if you play the original superior Japanese audio, all of the old voice actors are the exact same!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The only reason that Roche isn't the very best is because Yuffie already has that job.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Thundarr posted:

The only reason that Roche isn't the very best is because Yuffie already has that job.

imagine what kinda synergy attacks roche + yuffie would have...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yuffie is stronger than Roche because she defeated him at a children's board game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, is there any limit on how high Dynamic mode scales? Like if you were to get to max level, would it keep scaling all the way there, or would it eventually cap out and you have to bump it up to Hard?

At some point I feel like I'd like to do a "New Game+" style playthrough but still be able to use items, so it'd be cool if I could just keep it on Dynamic and things would at least level with me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Do you guys think we'll see W Magic in the last game? Or do you think the devs think that would be overkill?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say Master Magic, but honestly, also W Magic and even Quadra Magic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I gotta wonder what Vincent's limits will be like. Making them work too much like summons would be boring, but making them one shot attacks like everybody else wouldn't be true to the original.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm guessing it will just be transformation with an altered moveset. The question to me is if you'll control transformed Vincent or if he'll be purely AI like in the OG.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

altered moveset install Vincent would actually fit the best in the new action system.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

We're gonna need sync attacks for all of Vincent's transformations.

Unless I can turn Vinny into a frankenstien and have him turbo-charge barrett's gun with electricity then what is even the point of finishing this trilogy.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He should berserk so you can't directly control him, but you can link up with him like you could with Sonon or just have a bunch of unique synergy stuff.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
If I just stepped into the planets sanctuary as cloud, how long do I have left? Is it like an hours dungeon, 2h of cutscenes or what? Trying to plan my evenings around it...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GateOfD posted:

Roche has to be one of the stinkers as additions to Rebirth. Feel like the payoff is gonna be weak for whenever he finally contributes something to the story

Roche is amazing

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

cubicle gangster posted:

If I just stepped into the planets sanctuary as cloud, how long do I have left? Is it like an hours dungeon, 2h of cutscenes or what? Trying to plan my evenings around it...

I read it was an hour and a half so I kept playing. It was the wrong decision, it's now 1:30am, I want to go to bed, and I'm stuck on this stupid loving cloud & aerith stage but if I throw the towel in I'll have to do 15 phases all over again. It's bleak and frustrating and taking a little bit of the momentum out of what should be a good ending.

E: gently caress this final boss. 5 tries, just got him down to a single pixel of health bar and he managed to wipe me. Now I have to give up because it's 2am and this is insane, having wasted the last 90 minutes of my life - the last checkpoint it turns out was exactly where I was when I made that post, and I'm just going to put it on easy to wrap up tomorrow. Bittersweet and wildly unsatisfying way to end the game.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 19, 2024

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Gologle posted:

Do you guys think we'll see W Magic in the last game? Or do you think the devs think that would be overkill?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say Master Magic, but honestly, also W Magic and even Quadra Magic.

Master Magic almost certainly either not at all, or is a very end of game post completion reward like the gotterdamerung. An item so strong that you only get it after you've done all the challenges so go hog wild.

W Magic already exists as arcane ward but that's obviously gone the way of the dodo for part 3 so arriving as a materia is pretty likely

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

cubicle gangster posted:

I read it was an hour and a half so I kept playing. It was the wrong decision, it's now 1:30am, I want to go to bed, and I'm stuck on this stupid loving cloud & aerith stage but if I throw the towel in I'll have to do 15 phases all over again. It's bleak and frustrating and taking a little bit of the momentum out of what should be a good ending.

E: gently caress this final boss. 5 tries, just got him down to a single pixel of health bar and he managed to wipe me. Now I have to give up because it's 2am and this is insane, having wasted the last 90 minutes of my life - the last checkpoint it turns out was exactly where I was when I made that post, and I'm just going to put it on easy to wrap up tomorrow. Bittersweet and wildly unsatisfying way to end the game.

just put it on sleep dude!

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any limit on how high Dynamic mode scales? Like if you were to get to max level, would it keep scaling all the way there, or would it eventually cap out and you have to bump it up to Hard?

At some point I feel like I'd like to do a "New Game+" style playthrough but still be able to use items, so it'd be cool if I could just keep it on Dynamic and things would at least level with me.

From what I can tell, it continues to scale up until max level, but it really only means enemies won't die one hit, and if you get unlucky they can do enough damage that it might kill someone. They're not really any harder to deal with, but it's a good way of not being too overleveled when dealing with optional encounters you never got around to before beating the game with the increased EXP and AP in post game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

cubicle gangster posted:

Bank 1 ATB on both characters at all times so that you can react to all of Sephiroth's abilities (such as immediately destroying masamume/wing with a single spell, or healing immediately after heartless angel), use item master+economizer liberally, bank your limit breaks for the last 10% stage, job done

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Final boss tips for a couple of his attacks off the top of my head:

Whisper Cannon: Switch to Cloud, run behind him, use a Spell Blade synergy skill on the wing. No ATB required, and you have time enough for it if you let go of R1 as soon as Cloud does the little sword wiggle that signifies Aerith has powered it up and it's ready to go. Will break the wing in 1 hit and build ATB for both characters.

Big whisper tornado: Wait until the tornado starts chasing you, and then switch to the other character. They'll merrily dodge around in the background and give you plenty of time to destroy the sword to end the attack. Cloud can do it with dodge+attack wind blades, Aerith can do it with her normal attacks.

Skewer: Dodge when you see him teleport, NOT when the attack name appears. Dodging too early is the #1 cause of getting hosed by this attack.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

This almost exactly mirrors my experience with the final boss rush. I didn’t end up lowering it to easy. I put it on Rest mode and went to bed and woke up still at the final encounter and was able to beat it with a clearer head. I really don’t like how they handle checkpointing. The inability to change your materia between stages is trash. If I had to start it again for that reason I was absolutely going to do easy.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
On the final boss stage; I had to redo the right about 8 or 9 times to beat him, primarily because my materia was set up wrong and there is no way to change it without starting the whole 30 minute fight again which is the most frustrating thing. Aerith was just auto-castting all the time, so I never had the ATB to deal with the one-shot mechanics, so I had to try and min-max countering and staggering him to minimise the one-shot attacks happening as much as possible. The attempts included two attemps where I died on the tempus fugit stage, and once where I did tempus fugit but did not have enough remaining ATB to kill him during the stagger, both resulting in his insta-kill attack which was easily the most furstrating thing all game. I did it eventually by saving a limit break and synergy attack for those parts, and just min-maxing the counters. Always dodge the skewer, always dog the ghost fist he shoots out, build ATB to attack him during the mechanics where he can be stunned - ie. targetable pieces like wing/masamnue, use one synergy attack to up your limit level but save Clouds limit break up (you can use Aerith's after the merciless angel attack). When tempus fugit starts, go just behind the beam that's moving away from you and swap between attacking and dodging forward into the space the bar last was, and use the limit break - and hope you're both alive and have enough ATB to use firework synergy to clear him in stagger.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

Final boss tips for a couple of his attacks off the top of my head:
Skewer: Dodge when you see him teleport, NOT when the attack name appears. Dodging too early is the #1 cause of getting hosed by this attack.
I did this slightly different. Double dodging seems to do the same affect. Just hit circle twice and hold away while the attack is happening

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

W Magic already exists as arcane ward but that's obviously gone the way of the dodo for part 3 so arriving as a materia is pretty likely

Oh did they say they're removing it?

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
too broken but balancing doesn't typically happen within the games. remake had some ridiculous stuff too

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

big mean giraffe posted:

Oh did they say they're removing it?

... isn't it an Aerith power?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve been thinking about Cid and trying to come up with a way for him to whip out a gigantic spear and have it make sense lol like where has he been hiding it this whole time?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve been thinking about Cid and trying to come up with a way for him to whip out a gigantic spear and have it make sense lol like where has he been hiding it this whole time?

Part three is going have the group see some kind of weird monster, and Cid's going to go "That's it!" like in Goodfellas, and grab a spear from the cargo hold of the Tiny Bronco.

Then he's going to make a grand entrance doing that jog of his, and everyone will be skeptical until he jumps 12 feet in the air and domes whatever monster they're fighting in one hit.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Have him just Jump in at the start of a fight with it in his hands and then jump away to have it disappear while he's off screen.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

lines posted:

... isn't it an Aerith power?

I was hinting that the post was kind of a spoiler for those who haven't finished the game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah thanks for that I guess.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

have the spear be one of those collapsible ones, where its like a small cylinder, that he pulls out of his jacket or pocket and opens it up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It falls from the sky

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

alternatively aeriths staff already sort of just materializes in her hands from a pocket so I don't think they care too much

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

noticed how funny Red XIII looks riding on the chocobo lol

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

big mean giraffe posted:

I was hinting that the post was kind of a spoiler for those who haven't finished the game

Oh. I haven't finished the game myself!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Everytime you enter combat with Cid the tiny bronco will fly past and that lady he was mean to in ff7 og will drop his spear out it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Part three is going have the group see some kind of weird monster, and Cid's going to go "That's it!" like in Goodfellas, and grab a spear from the cargo hold of the Tiny Bronco.

Then he's going to make a grand entrance doing that jog of his, and everyone will be skeptical until he jumps 12 feet in the air and domes whatever monster they're fighting in one hit.

Yes, this is essentially what I picture, and will be great.
I'd love it if he just bodied something that's supposed to be way out of his league, and the party just kinda shrugs and says "You know what? You can stand to do more work, man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
When I was a kid my favorite attack in OG was Cid lighting a dynamite with cigarette.

I hope it comes back in some fashion.