Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

That DICK! posted:

didnt some big time director say they was gonna remake that with a hot lady. feel that happens every few years, a director gets horny and riffs a 50 foot woman remake

The original sucks but man Allyson Hayes was beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Tarantino staring at the 50-foot Woman poster desperately cranking his hog trying to get the creative juices flowing. It finally hits him

50 Foot-women

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

heard u like girls posted:

The original sucks but man Allyson Hayes was beautiful

Mst3k ep of The Undead? Awoooooga

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Gutcruncher posted:

Tarantino staring at the 50-foot Woman poster desperately cranking his hog trying to get the creative juices flowing. It finally hits him

50 Foot-women

He ain't cranking poo poo, you can't even see the TOP of her feet

It's like a Rob Liefeld drawing

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gutcruncher posted:

I’ve seen the “see my movie to stick it to the chuds and/or libtards” strat bit the “see my movie or else I’ll make them worse” is such a weird ultimatum

Edit: I think my favorite was “buy several tickets for all your friends in order to stop child trafficking and murder! Don’t ask me how. Just give me money!

I love when corporate entertainment products are pitched as social/political movements.

I’m still plunging all of my discretionary income into buying more copies of Captain Marvel.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Seinfeld ending is really good though?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Khanstant posted:

The Seinfeld ending is really good though?

It’s easier to appreciate it now as its own episode, but at the time having the highly anticipated finale of one of the most acclaimed sitcoms ever made being half clipshow was a….controversial choice let’s say

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh yeah, been a while. Clip show part is lame but I liked the death of a thousand cuts tear down

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Oh yeah, been a while. Clip show part is lame but I liked the death of a thousand cuts tear down

I haven't seen the Curb finale, was this also how it went? It's pretty funny Larry Charles doubled-down on the concept.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Am I misremembering or did they not show any clips in the last two episodes?

Edit: Nevermind I can at least remember them showing him stealing that bread from the old lady.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

That DICK! posted:

Mst3k ep of The Undead? Awoooooga

You know it

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Waltzing Along posted:

Now watch Throw Momma From The Train

Oh I grew up on it. Only place I can stand Billy Crystal. Figured it was time to round out viewing the Trainverse

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Oh I grew up on it. Only place I can stand Billy Crystal.

Princess Bride.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

priznat posted:

Yah that’s one of the flashes of greatness it has for sure. There’s a few great shots in that, even the flashlight scene is pretty cool.

Unbreakable seems like it’s by a completely different filmmaker, the pacing is so deliberate and confident.

Honestly I actually really like a lot of the tension building in Signs, especially in the cornfield, I don't know how much I can care about things like the much maligned water thing, especially since I'm partial to the idea that the aliens aren't literally meant to be aliens but instead demons representing Mel Gibson's fears and doubts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

khwarezm posted:

Honestly I actually really like a lot of the tension building in Signs, especially in the cornfield, I don't know how much I can care about things like the much maligned water thing, especially since I'm partial to the idea that the aliens aren't literally meant to be aliens but instead demons representing Mel Gibson's fears and doubts.

Yeah Signs is still pretty good, and I like it. Very scary in parts.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mysterious frankie posted:

I’ve been rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm and finally caught up to the final season last night. Is he seriously ending the show with a more convoluted, season long version of the Seinfeld finale?

Big lol if so.

I just finished the final season after binging the whole thing series and that was my exact thought when I started watching the last season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Presto posted:

Princess Bride.

When Harry Met Sally, Forget Paris

He was good in stuff sometimes

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

priznat posted:

I don't understand M Night's career at all. I frigging love Unbreakable, and the camerawork is so well done and all the shots that are just held add a surprising amount of emotional heft to various story beats (the scene in the kitchen where the son pushes the newspaper over). It's just a great movie and I rewatch it frequently.

But then other than the lesser "golden age" M Night movies Sixth Sense. The Village and Signs none of his other movies have even flashes of this in them. They just feel like he just doesn't care about composing interesting scenes with the camera anymore.

My theory is M Night got replaced by an doppelganger somewhere in the middle of his career.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

signs would be an actual good movie if the script had been punched up and the water thing was changed

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Squiggle posted:

He ain't cranking poo poo, you can't even see the TOP of her feet

It's like a Rob Liefeld drawing

Cranking it furiously to this on a loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AxiATxLofk&t=30s

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Seinfeld should have ended with them all enacting a suicide pact

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Seinfeld should have ended with them all enacting a suicide pact

That episode honestly sounds hilarious. All of them trying to only pretend to kill themselves in a way to trick the others into thinking they went through with it. Except Kramer of course who is too honest for those tricks

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
FRIDAY DISCORD MOVIES

starting at 8 eastern with

1. Reign of Chaos

2. Radioactive Dreams

3. She

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

My theory is M Night got replaced by an doppelganger somewhere in the middle of his career.

What a twist

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I called the phone number at the beginning of ep6 of fallout because I recognized the LA area code and it’s just some guy screaming his head off for 30 sec and then it hangs up on you.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Rebel Moon Two (or Rebel Twoon) is a masterpiece. It's a rollicking good time of a sci fi actioner. Frankly a breath of fresh air

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

It's all happening, right now, on netflixtm

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I skipped about 200 posts, what's the thread consensus on Alex Garland's Civil War? Or people were just busy talking about Fallout?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i suggest you go back and read each post because posters in the rlm thread meticulously craft each post and they are always thought provoking and not embarrassing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Would y'all gently caress Kit Fisto? Be honest

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like failout

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

PostNouveau posted:

look for the ones who picked thane in mass effect 2

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dreezy posted:

look for the ones who picked thane in mass effect 2

there are dozens of us

dozens!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

there are dozens of us

dozens!

im team garrus/kai ai mundi

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

PostNouveau posted:

Sorry, I only have eyes for female yoda

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

Not again

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Outpost22 posted:

Sorry, I only have eyes for female yoda

yaddle, with the green fleshlight

*darmok voice

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

yesterday i took my fist and rammed it up my own butt and grabbed a ball of poop and when i examined it it had “alex garland’s civil war” written on it

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yesterday i took my fist and rammed it up my own butt and grabbed a ball of poop and when i examined it it had “alex garland’s civil war” written on it

I'd probably see a doctor of that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dreezy posted:

im team garrus/kai ai mundi

I’m Team Plo K**n