Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

funeral home DJ posted:

So uh in not-as-disturbing-but-infuriating-and-yet-unsurprising news, apparently Marge added an amendment to the Ukraine funding agreement regarding a conspiracy theory pushed by Orban and the Russian information network:

Yeah there’s no loving way that the CrossFit Tantric Sex Gorilla, who infamously is one of the dumbest politicians in the GOP, happens to know or care about the supposed plight of Hungarians in Transcarpathia. This lady is a goddamned Russian plant and it’s insane that Congress isn’t kicking her rear end out immediately.

Trans Carpathia? Sounds like a woke Ghostbusters 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

If you're going to self-immolate it seems to me you should make it extremely clear WHY

I'm thinking that, in this case, the human torch was fairly inept. Both in political and incendiary actions.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

"Goes up in flames" is hyperbolic, it was kept to the attic/roof. Scared the poo poo out of me, I love the Timberline.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Effective at what, exactly?

Remember when Bushnell did it and Israel immediately stopped killing Palestinians? Or when it ended Vietnam?

Self immolation: super effective.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
So the trump-loyal set of facts is
* Trump actually won the 2020 election and Biden stole it illegally.
* Totally Peaceful and Cool 1/6 protestors have been locked up and oppressed by the FBI.
* The legal actions against trump are crooked and baseless because obviously trump could do no wrong, it’s not like he’s a slimy businessman or anything. Also, this means the justice system is fake and bad.
* The Bad Guys are trying to keep Our Guy out of the white house through litigation, witch hunt, if he isn’t reinstalled by 2025 democracy is dead.

If millions of people believe this set of facts at least a few of them will go violently insane and it will be entirely logical from their point of view.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bottom Liner posted:

it kicked off the arab spring

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Willatron posted:

Remember when Bushnell did it and Israel immediately stopped killing Palestinians? Or when it ended Vietnam?

yeah. like i mostly feel bad for folks who do it because your clearly not in a good mental place and you already fried you brain out so you take the rest of you too. sometimes it does kick stuff off after but usually not.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bottom Liner posted:

Being understood as protest and not an ordinary going postal situation. Mass shootings are too normal.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MrQwerty posted:

Gonna use a picture of him for an album cover

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao they gave Nunes a swirly and stuffed him in a locker.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Maybe he was just a regular dude lighting up a cigarette when a toxic Trump stink cloud escaped the courtroom and engulfed him. Tragic timing.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Looking into this.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

i just watched the replay on the AP live feed

don't ever ask the NYCPD to put you out lol

a cop sprayed him down with an extinguisher, then went over to put out the gasoline container, and didn't notice that they guy was still smoldering and started burning again, he's laying there on fire again, and no one is even trying to smoother it with their coat or anything

At one point a lady entered the park area abd started unhelpfully screaming "put him out" as the subjects legs continued to burn.

It might have been the case that the first fire extinguisher ran out of retardant, but that's because the cop tried to extinguish the gas canister after the person.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I refuse to beleive she can even spell "Hungarian's" or "Transcarpathia" let alone point to either on a map.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Busters posted:

Looking into this.

At one point a lady entered the park area abd started unhelpfully screaming "put him out" as the subjects legs continued to burn.

It might have been the case that the first fire extinguisher ran out of retardant, but that's because the cop tried to extinguish the gas canister after the person.

hard to believe you could run out of that at a trump rally.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

I mean there are plenty of trumpers that have gone on a shooting rampage, there was corn field guy, a maga setting themselves on fire for trump isn't that far fetched.

Trump support also intersects with the Qanon believers who are genuinely unwell

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Willatron posted:

Protests rarely "end" whatever it is they're aimed against, but they can and do influence the course of events and alter people's perceptions, which might lead to change down the road. Stopping a war or whatever with one act never happens, it's a slow process that every act of protest and resistance gradually builds on, just like acts of violence and provocation can slowly build toward the opposite. The world is more complicated than "A leads to B leads to C"

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

NYT article has some pamphlet information

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/nyregion/man-on-fire-trump.html

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Trump to Secret Service: i just farted in court. quick set someone on fire to distract the media.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

well there we go.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I find it hard to believe a man just starts on fire the instant Trump starts farting in the courtroom

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Threatening a Chonson, believing in nothing, having a ferret on a leash, so many levels here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so a chud nut probably.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Hirsute posted:

Protests rarely "end" whatever it is they're aimed against, but they can and do influence the course of events and alter people's perceptions, which might lead to change down the road. Stopping a war or whatever with one act never happens, it's a slow process that every act of protest and resistance gradually builds on, just like acts of violence and provocation can slowly build toward the opposite. The world is more complicated than "A leads to B leads to C"

Yeah but when I go to a protest and don't set myself on fire I can keep protesting instead of being dead, and the movement will likely gain or lose the same amount of momentum regardless of self-immolation incidents, going by historcal self immolation effectiveness.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Data Graham posted:

I do not have any difficulty imagining him standing there brandishing a sheaf of printouts of news stories of the guy on fire, using them to prove how popular he is and how he should be let off

This is true, but when it expectedly does not work, Trump will 100% move on from the incident to the next thing he thinks will give him TOTAL EXONERATION

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

it is weird that on the one hand people are saying don't post the video and on the other just making fun of the person b/c they assume its in support of trump.

edit: i mean it is a horrific event or not. but we're in such a weird state in these forums

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The alleged pamphlets

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Apparently it was a young man so yes this seems like a Trump zealot who set himself on fire for a sentient orange turd who will never even know his name

“I heard your father died, I’m so sorry.”

“Yes, he martyred himself for a cause he deeply believed in.”

“What was the cause

“I’d rather not say”

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

JAMOOOL posted:

I find it hard to believe a man just starts on fire the instant Trump starts farting in the courtroom

Its like the other poster saying "mebbe if hilldog was pres covid would not have happened"
its all interconnected, trumps rear end in a top hat has decided to go super saiyan to defend the host, but the fart beam hit some other guy and not the Judge.
SAD.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Willatron posted:

Yeah but when I go to a protest and don't set myself on fire I can keep protesting instead of being dead, and the movement will likely gain or lose the same amount of momentum regardless of self-immolation incidents, going by historcal self immolation effectiveness.

if the net has taught me correctly that if you support his cause, he was a brave sacrifice to it. If you don't, he was a dumbass. In truth, suicide sucks and it's another life lost

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RoastBeef posted:

The alleged pamphlets

yeah Qanon poo poo

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/mrmetlhed/status/1781387829979103280

This seems to be his... manifesto, I guess. That man is... not well, but not a chud.

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The simpsons?!?

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

I heard republicans are taking a page from the taserballs playbook and might be johnsonless soon

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Is this a Q crazy or just regular crazy?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

hard to believe you could run out of that at a trump rally.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

RoastBeef posted:

The alleged pamphlets

Reeks of Infowars.

Which means the next ep of Knowledge Fight will tell me that Alex Jones thinks this is a deep state false flag.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

"My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan.

This extreme act of protest is to draw attention to an urgent and important discovery:

We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our own government (along with many of their allies) is about to hit us with an apocalyptic fascist world coup."

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Rumor is he threw a bunch of pamphlets before lighting himself on fire

Pamphlets confirmed:

:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh poo poo, reall deep conspiracy nutjob.

kazil posted:

Is this a Q crazy or just regular crazy?

probably deep rabbit hole crazy.