Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol

https://twitter.com/texan_maga/status/1781337408824320157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

poo poo, can we elect her?

make her VP the woman who yelled at DeSantis at a Starbucks

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

He's so God drat old

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

eviltastic posted:

Lol that bill with the aid for Israel, Ukraine, and the Tiktok ban in it is titled the "21st Century Peace Through Strength Act".

"Build The Hadrian's Wall"

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:
https://twitter.com/DrBlobb/status/1781125384538403217

trots stop being a fully overlapped venn diagram with neocons challenge

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Oops, I was wrong. The tiktok ban bill isn't the same thing as the foreign aid bills, they just agreed to consider them at the same time.

It isn't just the old tiktok ban bill though, it includes a kitchen sink of sanctions and other stuff involving Russia, Ukraine, China, stuff about fentanyl (especially fentanyl from China), uppers from Syria, Hamas, Iran, the President and Supreme Leader of Iran, and modifications to the yes-they-really-named-it-that "Sanctioning the Use of Civilians as Defenseless Shields Act".

The article in the Washington Post about it says it's likely to be enacted. Govtrack estimates its chances at ... 0%, so I guess opinions differ.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

eviltastic posted:

Oops, I was wrong. The tiktok ban bill isn't the same thing as the foreign aid bills, they just agreed to consider them at the same time.

It isn't just the old tiktok ban bill though, it includes a kitchen sink of sanctions and other stuff involving Russia, Ukraine, China, stuff about fentanyl (especially fentanyl from China), uppers from Syria, Hamas, Iran, the President and Supreme Leader of Iran, and modifications to the yes-they-really-named-it-that "Sanctioning the Use of Civilians as Defenseless Shields Act".

The article in the Washington Post about it says it's likely to be enacted. Govtrack estimates its chances at ... 0%, so I guess opinions differ.

the biggest dem opponent in the senate already said they will vote for it this was the person holding it back to begin with before

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

eviltastic posted:

and modifications to the yes-they-really-named-it-that "Sanctioning the Use of Civilians as Defenseless Shields Act".

ah the SUCCDSA

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

ah the SUCCDSA

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

under president trump they would only get 10 minutes

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
liberals love that last few chapters in it. you know the one

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

every pro-liberalism argument of the last hundred years is just "look at how craaaazy anything else is you wouldnt want to be craAAAaAaAaAAAAzy would you"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Agreed

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

If you want to change what you think is a corrupt system and you are willing to break the laws to do so, you should be willing to accept the resulting punishment. If you are going to take over private property in order to make a point about government policy, there are consequences.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

eviltastic posted:

Lol that bill with the aid for Israel, Ukraine, and the Tiktok ban in it is titled the "21st Century Peace Through Strength Act".

It was originally called "21st Century Peace Through Superior Firepower Act" but the republicans told them it was a little too much, so they immediatly caved.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

World Famous W posted:

liberals love that last few chapters in it. you know the one

look who doesn't recognize that the personal liberties of fictional characters are the most important thing in the world

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I would just have the kids smoke their first joint together to find their way out of the sewer since that would also be an activity they could all do together that would also be kind of a "coming of age" activity rather than... What happens lol

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I would just have the kids smoke their first joint together to find their way out of the sewer since that would also be an activity they could all do together that would also be kind of a "coming of age" activity rather than... What happens lol

my favorite part is King's defense being "why aren't you more more about the child deaths". like, we signed up for a book about monsters killing people written by the very famous "monsters that kill people" guy and then he spilled a child orgy on the floor and got surprised people didn't want to read that. you can just admit it was a bad idea, King.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1781373546297749865

credible sources tell me donald trump is actualluy farting. can u believe it? acrtually making GBS threads his pants,. this fartknocker is the biggestb threat amercian democracy ahs ever faced.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

luv2shit posted:

credible sources tell me donald trump is actualluy farting. can u believe it? acrtually making GBS threads his pants,

farting is funny

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

My sources say the death penalty, for farting, being considered for Donald Trump. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

farting is funny

thats why its NOT OKAY for teh PRESDIENT to be doing it when hes on trial. this is very serious.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i think it's funny for the president to fart in court
and i'm tired of pretending it's not

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/715536209385115649

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good to have this update, since absolutely nothing else truly important is happening in the world aside from this courtroom drama with Trump.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
majorian you dumb bitch

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Good to have this update, since absolutely nothing else truly important is happening in the world aside from this courtroom drama with Trump.

someone else relayed the Fart News to me and off-handedly mentioned something about a self-immolation outside the courtroom and ??? why was the farting the important thing???

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

because the previous most recent self immolation was about something else entirely, something that they want to remain memory holed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

why was the farting the important thing???

it's funny

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

someone else relayed the Fart News to me and off-handedly mentioned something about a self-immolation outside the courtroom and ??? why was the farting the important thing???

I think we've reached the tipping of something. Shame I think?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

luv2shit posted:

credible sources tell me donald trump is actualluy farting. can u believe it? acrtually making GBS threads his pants,. this fartknocker is the biggestb threat amercian democracy ahs ever faced.

This is exactly why he should be president

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SixteenShells posted:

Dang Cheeto president and all that.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fire-trump-trial-1235007624/

quote:

Minutes after the flames were extinguished, news crews on the scene reported that the man was alive and being treated by medics. He was removed from the scene on a stretcher shortly after for further treatment. According to Fox News, who unintentionally carried the immolation live and spoke to witnesses at the scene, the man threw a stack of “pink and white and yellow and green pages” around him before dousing himself in gasoline and setting himself on fire.

“I saw the flames and thought someone set a garbage can on fire. Not imagining at all it could be a human being who self-immolated,” Fox News’s Eric Shawn said after witnessing the incident.
so like. what was on those papers? article doesn't say. it is a complete mystery how and why this happened. the strangle glyphs on these papers tells us nothing worth reporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fire-trump-trial-1235007624/

so like. what was on those papers? article doesn't say. it is a complete mystery how and why this happened. the strangle glyphs on these papers tells us nothing worth reporting

Huh, I wonder what that was all about? OH WELL