Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My favorite thing about Angel Hernandez is that he regularly stares down fans for heckling him because he is a baby back bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He apparently makes $400k a year, which man, it'd be kinda fun to be notoriously bad at my job for that scratch.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

My favorite thing about Angel Hernandez is that he regularly stares down fans for heckling him because he is a baby back bitch.

Steve McMichael famously got tossed by Angel for mocking him before singing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPjzqDFSGU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

He apparently makes $400k a year, which man, it'd be kinda fun to be notoriously bad at my job for that scratch.

does an ump work all 162 games?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

JPrime posted:

does an ump work all 162 games?

Googling tells me they usually work 112 games.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ok yeah yeah, but there's no review or grading process that the union and MLB have agreed upon? MLB ump can't be some kind of lifetime appointment, these guys must have contracts that the league can choose to renew or not.

The NFL gives each official a grade after every game, and it determines if they get to do playoff games and if their contract is reupped. If the MLB had something like that in place I don't see how Angel Hernandez would still be around.

Oh there absolutely could and should be some kind of system like that, yeah. I’m just saying it’s hard in an adversarial system for it to have consequences on the level of someone getting fired.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some sports here will send lovely referees down to the junior grades like an under performing player to let them fix their issues. Always seemed like a good idea to try and fix the problem. Not that games a division lower aren't important but there's less eyes and no gambling money and therefore a lot less scrutiny.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nevermind about being Angel Hernandez, I found a new job I want instead

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Bianchi/status/1781406167467426299

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Nevermind about being Angel Hernandez, I found a new job I want instead

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Bianchi/status/1781406167467426299

Boltman found new work, I see.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm a little worried about how much my shitposting is reflected in this guy's suicide manifesto.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My lawnmower was purchased last spring for $20. It worked fine with no problems all summer. I have now brought it out and used it twice this spring. So far I have had to purchase a new control cable for $21 with shipping factored in, the back wheels won’t stay in place, and I had to use spare wire to reconnect the discharge port cover. My incredible investment is turning to poo poo and I hate it. On the plus side my lawn looks ok now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
$20 for a summer's work isn't a bad deal if you think about it, but maybe it's time to stop throwing money down that hole as it probably won't get better.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh yeah I’m absolutely not going to spend any more money on it. I’m just annoyed that I’m having to tinker. I hate tinkering.

Anyway here’s my yard and my pointy headed dog. Still have to edge the garden enclosure but tomorrow I’ll have tomatoes and peppers and flowers etc.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Angel Hernandez isn't the worst ump in terms of balls and strikes calling (he's bottom third, absolutely) but his issue is he's so quick to eject dudes who might rightfully think his call sucks. Most umps only toss guys if the manager asks for it as a morale booster or if they're REALLY being dicks, but Angel Hernandez fuckin ejected a 7th inning stretch singer because he made fun of him lmao

Angel Hernandez suing for discrimination seems iffy considering his struggle to see balls and strikes, I have to wonder if he can see race too.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Angel Hernandez isn't the worst ump in terms of balls and strikes calling (he's bottom third, absolutely) but his issue is he's so quick to eject dudes who might rightfully think his call sucks. Most umps only toss guys if the manager asks for it as a morale booster or if they're REALLY being dicks, but Angel Hernandez fuckin ejected a 7th inning stretch singer because he made fun of him lmao

Angel Hernandez suing for discrimination seems iffy considering his struggle to see balls and strikes, I have to wonder if he can see race too.

Hernandez is also getting some more heat now because he is the most likely to act like he's the star of the show, which is a title he took when Joe West finally decided to gently caress off.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I have never seen so many short men as in south Carolina. Was there bad malnutriton here in the 80s&90s? Jeez someone needs to feed them some Italian beefs

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

trevorreznik posted:

I have never seen so many short men as in south Carolina. Was there bad malnutriton here in the 80s&90s? Jeez someone needs to feed them some Italian beefs

They all came from Ohio. And Jersey.

Also it’s tourist season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

They all came from Ohio. And Jersey.

Also it’s tourist season.

lol you wish, you southern mfers all short as hell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy palindrome weed day folks

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Finally, an excuse to smoke some weed.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wait, poo poo I was sposed to wait 2 more hours?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Wait, poo poo I was sposed to wait 2 more hours?

it's okay to practice. that's why people go to church every sunday. to practice for easter.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

lol you wish, you southern mfers all short as hell

My body missed the memo I guess.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hard to blame your great great great grandmother, the Northern Aggressors did look quite smart in their blue uniforms.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the average height in an Alabama frat is 5' 8"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

I would be their god

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Steve McMichael famously got tossed by Angel for mocking him before singing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPjzqDFSGU

There goes Mongo.

Alaois posted:

This explains so much

RGBEEF
Apr 20, 2024
I will not take this slander against dudes who are 5'9 / 5''10...

gently caress your tall lanky rear end. loving Adams family Lurch...

Love all you guys. Sorry about the spam hate, Ive never had it so who am I to judge...

Have a great Summer!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

RGBEEF posted:

Love all you guys. Sorry about the spam hate, Ive never had it so who am I to judge...

Have a great Summer!

Post the artisanal burrito

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

RGBEEF posted:

Have a great Summer!

5'9"-5'10" is my height, and I towered over half the guys at the show I was at. Just a weird experience to have when I'm normally the shortest guy around.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

God I love my birthday. All hail me for I today I am Weedlord Bonerhitler CDXX. Woke up at 530 to snag a super fresh dozen box of donuts and a coffee and hung out with my dogs at hte park as the sun rose. Now it's chill time. :clint:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

3 DONG HORSE posted:

God I love my birthday. All hail me for I today I am Weedlord Bonerhitler CDXX. Woke up at 530 to snag a super fresh dozen box of donuts and a coffee and hung out with my dogs at hte park as the sun rose. Now it's chill time. :clint:

HBD fellow April Birthday Buddy!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Happy birthday! Get it. Sounds like a good day.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Dong, this rips for you!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

more like 3 BONG HORSE amirite

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Happy birthday, Weedlord Bonerhitler

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Nice. Hope the dogs got a donut.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy birthday 3DH!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Happy Birthday 3 Dong Horse.

Also, how much money has RG3 given Jefferey at this point just to make 1 post then get perma'd again? Like, I don't know the intricacies of how they detect permas who try and evade the system, but couldn't you just use a VPN and not make it completely obvious who you are while posting if you're so desperate to be here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Docjowles posted:

Yeah their first 3 albums are metal masterpieces imo, just banger after banger. I must have listened to each of them hundreds of times in high school once I discovered them. They lost me with the Load/Reload phase and I never really checked back in after that. I know they put out several more albums after that, are any of them any good?

Late as poo poo but all of the albums beyond St Anger are pretty decent for what they are. They all have some absolute bangers, some mid stuff and also a bit of garbage. They definitely veered way back into thrash territory with a lot of their late career output. The most recent album is actually pretty drat good and heavy when you consider they're 60 year old dudes playing heavy metal/thrash.

If you haven't seen them live I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance. They're legendary for being road warriors and having fantastic live shows and it still rings true to this day. I saw them again last November in Detroit, it was so cool seeing a metal band fill an NFL stadium in TYOOL 2023 and they kicked so much rear end.