Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's twitch time again, for 350 credits, 65 boosters and a mystery variant for 2, 4 and 6 hours respectively. On until next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Boosters, cute

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

65 Wasp boosters BAY-BEE

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think Red Guardian is a card i'm going to regret not pulling for, but that HE variant looks like rear end.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
I'm one of the filthy new HE-ers (something about living long enough to see yourself become the villain) and drat this makes me wish I had sprung for Red Hulk. HE, RH, She-Hulk, and Hulk!Classic... oh man, just thinking about it

It's also just nice to have a reason to use Cyclops, I like the Alexander Lozano variant :3:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The game is loving miserable with Mill decks and the Yondu mission, so I came up with an anti-mill deck that's worked out pretty well.

The only odd thing is when I ran Yondu/Red Guardian in a mill deck to quickly knock out missions, all I faced was Mill. Running this, I faced everything but for 6 games until I hit a run of Mills.

Anyway, just plan to fill up right (Yellowjacket, Howard, Misty, and Maw should be easy to line up quickly) and use Zero as needed to wipe the text from Attuma or Titania. If you face a Mill deck, they nope out pretty quickly. In Conquest, don't snap at first, but after the first round, snap aggressively and they'll just give up. Don't worry about trying to fill up The Raft or White Hot Room or whatever. You'll have more energy than you need, and you want to plan to have Attuma alone if you don't grab Zero. If you see a location friendly to Attuma (Atlantis, Wakanda, etc.), drop him there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 20, 2024

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Red posted:

The game is loving miserable with Mill decks and the Yondu mission, so I came up with an anti-mill deck that's worked out pretty well.

The only odd thing is when I ran Yondu/Red Guardian in a mill deck to quickly knock out missions, all I faced was Mill. Running this, I faced everything but for 6 games until I hit a run of Mills.

Anyway, just plan to fill up right (Yellowjacket, Howard, Misty, and Maw should be easy to line up quickly) and use Zero as needed to wipe the text from Attuma or Titania. If you face a Mill deck, they nope out pretty quickly. In Conquest, don't snap at first, but after the first round, snap aggressively and they'll just give up. Don't worry about trying to fill up The Raft or White Hot Room or whatever. You'll have more energy than you need, and you want to plan to have Attuma alone if you don't grab Zero. If you see a location friendly to Attuma (Atlantis, Wakanda, etc.), drop him there.

A deck with all 6 drops except for a single Modok :twisted:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Is Red Guardian worth it? Or can it safely be skipped?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
He’s a cool and good tech card who can take out threats no one else can, so I recommend him on that basis, but being a tech card his niche will rise and fall with what decks become meta.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
One of the strongest decks in the game right now loves running out Angela on 2. But I agree that his stocks will rise and fall depending on what's popular.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Concurred posted:

A deck with all 6 drops except for a single Modok :twisted:

Turn 1 Yondu destroys MODOK, thanks for the two free 6-drops on turns 3 and 4.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

uXs posted:

Is Red Guardian worth it? Or can it safely be skipped?

I think he's a blast but you have to save him for the right cards instead of playing him early to take out a Rock or Howard the Duck. He is absolute death to Iron Man.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, his real strength is being able to hit ANY card; Sunspot, Dracula, Wolverine, Hevo Cyclops, Deadpool, Angela, Hope, as long as you time it or they’re leaving the cards vulnerable he can mess up cards that otherwise had some impunity.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Right. I think I would get him but the variants for the other cards there are so bad.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

just don't miss duh

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What are people climbing with? After easily climbing into the 80’s before stalling for the last few months, I’m stalling in the 70’s for some reason.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

DeepDickPizza posted:

What are people climbing with? After easily climbing into the 80’s before stalling for the last few months, I’m stalling in the 70’s for some reason.

I've done most of my climbing with that stupid Deathstrike brew I made that won't stop winning for some reason. But if you want actual decks...

This is probably the best deck in the game. If you want to be competitive at infinite, your deck needs to beat this deck.

This deck is starting to put in work, but it's not as well established as the last one. I loving love Cannonball though. It's hilarious that he ended up as a better card than War Machine.

Either of these should get you through the ranked climb in theory because they are very competitive in infinite. But if you want to climb fast, you do that by stealing 8 cubes from bots. And bots have no idea how to deal with either bounce decks or Dracula decks.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
i picked up that hipp surfer at some point for the lols

surfer continues to be my record for most splits without a gold card so its almost a given if i split that hipp variant a single time it will be gold

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Speaking of Surfer, here's another deck you can try if you got Red Guardian. I must have been drinking more heavily than I thought last night because I do not remember it being this successful.
But last night was Friday and I'm a high school teacher, so it's almost guaranteed I was drinking more heavily than I thought.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Devo posted:

This deck is starting to put in work, but it's not as well established as the last one. I loving love Cannonball though. It's hilarious that he ended up as a better card than War Machine.

I always felt like War Machine was being overhyped a bit. Even the Infinaut synergy that people were excited about puts out barely any more power than just passing with a Sunspot on the field.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Bah. I don’t have Hope, Cannonball or Red Guardian. Maybe I’ll brew a bounce. I was having fun with that Evil Bounce, but it’s more fun than it is good.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

DeepDickPizza posted:

Bah. I don’t have Hope, Cannonball or Red Guardian. Maybe I’ll brew a bounce. I was having fun with that Evil Bounce, but it’s more fun than it is good.

Hope is a must next time she comes up in caches. If you picked up Proxima you can do very very well with discard right now though. Even without probably, but Proxima is super good.

e: Doesn't look like Hope is coming up in any of the currently data mined caches. Worth 6k tokens for sure.

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 20, 2024

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Devo posted:

e: Doesn't look like Hope is coming up in any of the currently data mined caches. Worth 6k tokens for sure.

Well, well, well. Decided to go check and she’s in rotation in my shop. Guess I’ll give it a whirl. Seems like she’s in a ton of decks lately.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

DeepDickPizza posted:

Well, well, well. Decided to go check and she’s in rotation in my shop. Guess I’ll give it a whirl. Seems like she’s in a ton of decks lately.

She's quite possibly the best card in the game right now. Just little things like being able to play Surfer/Abs without a Sera on the board are nuts. And she doesn't get shut down by Mobius.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I will not be surprised when Hope eats a "maximum once per turn" nerf.

I will only be mildly surprised if it's "next time...gain +2 energy"

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Fate Accomplice posted:

I will only be mildly surprised if it's "next time...gain +2 energy"

She was originally datamined at +2 energy and can you imagine???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fate Accomplice posted:

Not even much of a nerf, most decks that utilize her only seek +1 energy per turn.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Devo posted:

She was originally datamined at +2 energy and can you imagine???

SD trollin'

Sandwolf posted:

Not even much of a nerf, most decks that utilize her only seek +1 energy per turn.

fair but I regularly get +2 from her.

also I just opened red guardian in 1 key so after the last 3 weeks getting 4 new cards in 4 keys I am 100% a believer in "new card hit rate goes up on weekends"

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Jedit posted:

Turn 1 Yondu destroys MODOK, thanks for the two free 6-drops on turns 3 and 4.

Hmm. You would need to block Yondu and possibly Cable, though Cable isn't targeted, just random.

Domino? That way you don't have her in your hand and she always gets drawn on 2. Unless they play Yondu on 2...

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Red posted:

I think he's a blast but you have to save him for the right cards instead of playing him early to take out a Rock or Howard the Duck. He is absolute death to Iron Man.

I hit a guy's Wong, I could feel the disappointment on his face through the screen. He escaped a few seconds before the turn end. Just could not go on... felt good man.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Twitch drops have netted me pixel Giganto. He's dropped a contact and he's mad as hell about it.

Wideshanks
May 17, 2007

B.M.O.F.
Big Man On Forums
Who is the artist that's doing all these terrible pixel art cards?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That one's good, though?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Wideshanks posted:

Several of the recent pixel cards have been reasonable to actually good. No argument that many of the older ones are just awful.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'll take a pixel over Dan Hipp.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

I'll take a pixel over Dan Hipp.

my man

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

love to post with people of culture and taste

wish we could get some in this thread

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got Pixel Thing :smith:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Wideshanks posted:

I think people itt said it was some sort of advertising agency that was contracted, not an individual artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

All of the pixel cards are credited to a studio called G-Angle. https://www.g-angle.com/
Most of the older ones are complete poo poo, but they've come out with some decent ones lately.