Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Currently, 3.7k attack, 70/130 crit. 2pc/2pc/2pc Duke, Guard, Salsotto with a Physical orb. E0S1. Her damage just felt lacking in MoC 12, like around 18k follow-ups.

That's the roughly the same as mine except sets, E0S1 with 3675 attack, 71/127 crit, 4pc physical set, 2pc Salsotto. The second side took 5 cycles for me -- who are you using with her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Danakir posted:

I just use a cracked Longevous Disciple set myself on Clara, it feels pretty good since she gets hit enough that is up most of the time. But yeah it's not worth switching to a different set if the substats are garbage.

I use the same set, since she has like zero sources of crit otherwise just hard rolling substats. that 16% makes the window of a workable relic set so much more easy

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

That's the roughly the same as mine except sets, E0S1 with 3675 attack, 71/127 crit, 4pc physical set, 2pc Salsotto. The second side took 5 cycles for me -- who are you using with her?

That's a big part of my problem. At the moment, I don't really have anyone to use with her. Lynx for the aggro and then...

The first half I can get in 4 cycles. Ratio/Topaz/SW/Luocha or Jing Yuan/Tingyun/Sparkle/Aventurine. Exactly those setups with no variation. The second team is still a bit rng, but that will be solved once I get Aventurine to level 70.

The goal is to try Topaz and Clara, I'm just not sure about the other support and sustain. It has to be either Luocha or Lynx for sustain. My Fu isn't good enough, and Aventurine has to be on the first half to give me enough cycles. My support options are wide open except for Ruan Mei, I'm just not sure of the best ones.

I'm also working on building Misha as an emergency fallback.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

coolusername posted:

Stuck at 15 cycles, Aventurine takes soo many cycles. I’ve got the sustain but not the burst

Big same. gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

That's a big part of my problem. At the moment, I don't really have anyone to use with her. Lynx for the aggro and then...

The first half I can get in 4 cycles. Ratio/Topaz/SW/Luocha or Jing Yuan/Tingyun/Sparkle/Aventurine. Exactly those setups with no variation. The second team is still a bit rng, but that will be solved once I get Aventurine to level 70.

The goal is to try Topaz and Clara, I'm just not sure about the other support and sustain. It has to be either Luocha or Lynx for sustain. My Fu isn't good enough, and Aventurine has to be on the first half to give me enough cycles. My support options are wide open except for Ruan Mei, I'm just not sure of the best ones.

I'm also working on building Misha as an emergency fallback.

According to prydwen a lot of people use Sparkle/Tingyun/sustain with her this time so I'd give that a try if you haven't. You can keep Ratio/Topaz/SW/sustain on first half then.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At e0? How is that working? I'll try it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

2.2 character other than Boothill Robin? a followup HARMONY? I already rolled for Ruan Mei and Sparkle! I'm already drowning in them.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Holy poo poo I just had E0 S0 Aventurine do 649,000 damage on a followup attack to the final boss of swam disaster. Yeah, he was stacked with preservation blessings, but Gepard never came close to that obviously.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ruan Mei and Sparkle are incredibly generally useful and very easy to use. Both generate lots of sp for the team while handing out their crazy strong buffs. Robin has some interesting things about her kit, and I'm sure a full team advance has value but she is at best sp neutral, her bonus damage is like Tingyun's and does not contribute anything to toughness damage, and she wants your team to have a very high spd or deal follow up attacks and does nothing to buff spd. She will be very strong with Ratio and Topaz, as she is designed explicitly for that team. She provides a lot of atk and a decent amount of dmg%, but with how sp draining she is, but I don't think she's proving as much utility for being a drain on sp compared to Bronya. I personally think she'll end up either in FuA's exclusively or be using triple harmony 0 cycle shenanigans. I don't see much of a general place for her.

This sucks because I hate Sparkle and I skipped her hoping Robin would be on the same power level as her and Ruan Mei and how dare they hoist me upon my own petard.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

According to prydwen a lot of people use Sparkle/Tingyun/sustain with her this time so I'd give that a try if you haven't. You can keep Ratio/Topaz/SW/sustain on first half then.

Holy poo poo, why did this almost work? That's loving insane. From 15 cycles to 18 immediately. I think it would have been 19 if my Aventurine had his A6 unlocked since I ran into SP issues. That's wild.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GateOfD posted:

2.2 character other than Boothill Robin? a followup HARMONY? I already rolled for Ruan Mei and Sparkle! I'm already drowning in them.

If you have both she's the fastest skip in the West

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

huh? for the past week or so, somehow I took off the orb off Sparkle and never noticed, so she's been running with one piece missing all this time

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have dedicated my entire account to accumulating a great cast of follow-up characters, but even so I'm probably skipping Robin extra buffer text here unless she's just insanely busto, because I have Bronya Ruan Mei and Sparkle (and an E6 Topaz, and an E6 Asta) already and getting both Aventurine and Jingliu this banner is gonna stretch it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

To be honest I'm not even sure how futureproof Robin will be as a FUA buffer specifically. She herself wants to have FUA characters in the team, because she synergizes with more attacks performed. What she gives to FUA characters are good number buffs and additional damage, but nothing as irreplaceable as Ruan Mei is gonna be for Break teams or Sparkle for DHIL, for example. She doesn't even entirely synergize with Aventurine since her Ult buffs the party's ATK, and she doesn't do any FUAs herself to help fuel Topaz/Aventurine (and eventually Jade).

I kinda think eventually in the long run her best niche is gonna be for zero-cycle/low-cycle stuff instead of being the best FUA support. Which isn't to say she won't be good as a general buffer, I think people are kinda downplaying how good the team advance can be with the right setup, just that I don't think she's gonna be number one choice for FUA teams forever.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Robin is back on the skip list for me. My follow-up team doesn't feel like it needs any help. And since I have a guarantee, I'm throwing every pull I get at Aventurine e1. I'm probably not going to get it, but it will be very useful.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
why are we spoiling the name of a character we had official drip marketing for weeks ago

Anyway, my hot take is after getting 2 limited sustains, packing your account with as many limited Harmonys as possible is the biggest value add you can give your account. Dollars to donuts, we're going to suddenly see Ice MoC vanish in favor of Acheron MoCs for the next half year (so I got baited out for Jingliu just in time for her to be deprecated, hooray, its a honkai game kids), but those buffers will keep their value regardless of who you switch DPS for. Which is why even though I have Bronya and Ruan Mei and Sparkle, you can bet I'll be futile dropping every jade I can trying to get her (and when I fail, well hell, that's pity/gurantee for Jade, no downsides I can see).

that said, nihility supports will probably also appreciate if you have acheron, so keep an eye out for that

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Personally I'd rather invest in getting a strong DPS of every element as I feel like I'm all good on supports and sustains now. With Acheron, DHIL, Jingliu, QQ, and Himeko/Topaz, all I'm looking for coming up are good Wind and Physical characters.

Probably gonna skip Boothill still though, because I just don't like investing in Hunt characters until the game gives me a good reason to. They're useless in PF and situationally useful in MoC. I might grab Argenti on his rerun since PF is half the endgame content now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

My Guard set has the best stats. 22% Crit Dam on the face and 22% Crit Rate on a Crit Dam chest. Switching her over to the Streetwise set is a significant downgrade in stats.

My Streetwise set sucks. It's only moderately useful on Argenti because of his Talent and lc.

its time.. to relic farm....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

qbert posted:

Probably gonna skip Boothill still though, because I just don't like investing in Hunt characters until the game gives me a good reason to. They're useless in PF and situationally useful in MoC. I might grab Argenti on his rerun since PF is half the endgame content now.
boothill's single target but his main thing is he implants phys weakness (guaranteed, no effect hit needed) so you can use him on basically any big boss you'd want a single target dps for. if you already have good single target of most elements hes not that necessary but if youre lacking hes a pretty universal solution.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I upgraded to a non-cheap set of headphones and wow, there is a LOT in terms of sound effects I wasn’t hearing just with my low phone speakers at home. The soda dogs make a lot more noise now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Robin is a safe skip for me, but I might just actually regret not getting Sparkle

(a little)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I thought this fuckboy was supposed to be lucky?! You're supposed to make me win the 50/50s now that I have you Aventurine :arghfist:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

All or Nothing...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Strictly speaking, going all-in to win at gacha implies spending your entire stock to just barely get the thing you want. Which is to say that, unlike gambling, you cannot come out ahead at gacha.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Bland posted:

I thought this fuckboy was supposed to be lucky?! You're supposed to make me win the 50/50s now that I have you Aventurine :arghfist:

https://youtu.be/Gkk1tCEJk9c?si=aO2NAd4dceqXGU12

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

its time.. to relic farm....

I farm every day. Caverns and SU. But I'm also constantly farming characters. And apparently, I farmed the wrong ascension mats for Aventurine. I still need to fight that mob 5 more times for his A6. :negative:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
did i just get lucky with MoC aventurine or something?

i completely forgot that single target is pretty bad for that fight and brought team ipc. he only did the dice mechanic once the whole fight, and it was against himself which ended in a draw. fight was over pretty quick

first time i ever 36 starred MoC though. still can’t completely clear pure fiction

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ran out of things to build, so finally started getting to work on my E6 Pela.

Team Ice: Gepard, Yanqing, Ruan Mei, Pela

just for the thematic hell of it to display on team node 6 or whatever

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I was about to make a dismissive joke about Yanqing, but come to think of it, I wonder if he could actually be pretty good now that Aventurine and his more consistent shielding exists.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aventurine helps a lot yeah

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like Yanqing has objectively good numbers behind him when he works. He's poo poo because of the massive effort it takes to achieve those numbers, and because all it gets you is "good". If you have any amount of real DPS characters, that amount of effort gets them insanely great numbers.

If for some reason you have SP to throw around and someone that can keep him from ever taking damage? Sure he's fine.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Aventurine is definitely a huge help for Yanqing (and Arlan, too), but he's not suddenly going to make them really good. Maybe up from "absolutely not worth the effort" to "pretty decent".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yanqing's issue isnt just the effort, its how much of his power budget is in his insane crit rate, that he basically always overcaps on.

they should make a 4 piece relic set thats like, 'for every 1% of crit rate over 100%, gain 0.5% attack, 0.5% dmg, and 0.5% crit damage.'

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Yanqing was useful back when I started, when he was my only 5* DPS. After I started getting more characters he just couldn't keep up, even when the enemy was ice weak and not weak to my other DPS. Now I have both Aventurine and Gepard so he can always have a shielder even if the other side needs one, but I also got Jingliu on her rerun. Obviously there's a cost to getting her but now that I have her there will never be a reason to invest in him over her. It's kind of a shame; I don't like benching 5* units because it feels wasteful. At least he got some use in the past unlike my Bailu.

The first time I tried using Yanqing after getting Gepard was for the MoC that advanced forward a hunt or destruction character. So Yanqing promptly lost his shield and then got punched.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ha! I've cracked my problem with MoC 12!

My issue is that I want team follow-up for Aventurine. Topaz, Clara, Aventurine, and blank. Not Ratio. Probably Silver Wolf. Unfortunately, I needed at least one of those characters to tackle the first half.

The answer is Kafka hypercarry. 160 spd Sparkle, Tingyun, Luocha, and Kafka. Sparkle has s4 Dance ×3, Tingyun is in the Messenger set with s5 Planetary Rendezvous, Luocha has his signature, and Kafka is in my completely cracked Quantum set with Acheron's signature. Completely bodies Cocolia in 4 cycles and frees up my A team for Aventurine. My Serval can't do this, and neither can Jing Yuan without Aventurine's help.

This is why I grabbed Acheron's cone. I couldn't have done this before her banner. :D

Now I just need to grab Aventurine's A6 so he refreshes his shields on follow-up. That's the biggest hurdle left, I think.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I am continually baffled at how you play this game but I can't deny it gets results.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

in general, its good to know there is no wrong play to play this game

...except being an Arlan Main

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not So Fast posted:

I am continually baffled at how you play this game but I can't deny it gets results.

I play for fun and for memes, mostly. Kafka hypercarry sounds like a meme, but when built right she hits like a loving truck. 15k follow-ups, 120k+ ultimates. And Tingyun autos for 12k+ because of Kafka's attack.

Kafka has 3.3k attack and 60/201 crit. She has absolutely no speed, but that's what Sparkle and three different means of advancing turns are for. It's great.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

in general, its good to know there is no wrong play to play this game

...except being an Arlan Main

:hai:

Kafka went from being one of my least liked dpses to one of my favorites to use. She's so loving versatile that I truly think people are overlooking a lot about her. I've used her as a follow-up support, pure DoT team, a skill point positive support with team Quantum, and as a hypercarry. She's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Kritka main is a real thing, who woulda thunk it.

Sparkle with DDD s3 is what put my Topaz/Clara/Aventurine team into just enough actions to beat Aventurine in six turns. Maybe for you, Silver Wolf now that she's not tied up with Ratio?