Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Philonius posted:

I eagerly await the first refinery to be coated entirely in ERA bricks.

I doubt that, they hardly have enough to put on their tanks and armored vehicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yeah. Just get a healthy start on those awacs deliveries Russia. All those advanced and calibrated avionics you have sitting ready. Get those operational by the weekend on a non-shagged out airframe that has a spare parts inventory. TIA.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tai posted:

Russia has told oil and gas firms to start up their own private armies to defend against Ukraine drone attacks.

How loving stupid can a country get. When you think Russia can't get any dumber they whip out a blinder. gently caress me.

"IMPERATOR FURICYKA WILL BE TAKING THE WAR GAZ TO GASTOWN"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gulf brand’s gas co militia military livery would be sick though. A tank done up in robins egg blue and orange. So handsome.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

I am entirely ok with Russia launching a full scale air land and sea invasion of Ireland just to see out of sheer curiosity how “Road Bowls”would be weaponized against the invaders. To see the stuffed turkey in a track suit figure of the mighty Pa Flood off the TickTalk doing big underarm stone lobs against some sea air rust etched T14s and watching them fast bowled stones punch big holes in the armour. It would be grand.

"COME OUT YE BLACK AND WHITES"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/blyskavka_ua/status/1781424196762861695

quote:

Design engineers who wanted to sell secret Ukrainian developments from a local strategic plant to Russia were detained in Kharkiv region, the SBU reports.

The enemy was interested in schematics, drawings and instructions for the production of steam turbines and their components, since such turbines are not manufactured in russia.

The head of the russian intelligence group was a resident of Kharkiv, a former business partner of the local plant.

The traitors were notified of suspicion and face life imprisonment.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
They must be talking about gigawatt class turbines.
But even then, who made the ones for all the Soviet NPPs?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

sauer kraut posted:

Ukraine SSR

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So it was. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboatom
How unfortunate :alonso:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

sauer kraut posted:

The GRU binged Fallout over the weekend and wanted the secret to cold fusion.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ninurta posted:

The GRU binged Fallout over the weekend and wanted the secret to nuka cola.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
In a world where a just god exists, mtg would have been crushed by a truck tyre she tried to push up a hill end over end after getting plowed by her cross fit trainer dude who wasn’t her husband. Christofascism rules.

To be fair... fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 20, 2024

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

sauer kraut posted:

I was picturing Russia desperately trying to steal steam turbine designs that would finally allow their warships to reach the same blistering 23 knot speed as Jellicoe's Grand Fleet, and achieve superiorty over the Anglo-Saxons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's the status of the jets that were being transferred to Ukraine?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

redshirt posted:

What's the status of the jets that were being transferred to Ukraine?

The first jets and their trained pilots were supposed to start arriving by June.

Zeromus
Dec 11, 2004

Saw on Twitter that if a Motion to Vacate is started that at least 2 moderate Republicans that aren't running for re-election will resign immediately, effectively giving the House to Democrats.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jellicoe? Nay, Russia would get wrecked by Jellicles. As soon as Skimbleshanks went behind enemy lines to gently caress up their railway network they'd have nothing to fight with. Forget about your TU-22M going into a flat spin when TU-gger is out there gyrating. No contest when its Twenty-one straight years in the theater of leg-breaking combat vs. 3 days total expended and they still struggle to bring a house down, with missiles.

Russia couldn't beat Cats, folks. Not at all.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1781554237463232608
xaxaxaxa everything was shot down by glorious Russia

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1781543091444273456
Meanwhile in reality:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Kchama posted:

I wasn't paying attention to stuff for a while, did something happen with regards to Hungary and the EU?

Poland stopped supporting Hungary after the election. Orban is on much shakier ground without Poland supporting him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they were shot downward yes

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The first one had a lot of blyats and pees-djiets so that's good I assume.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Budzilla posted:

As an Australian I can imagine that, there were some circles that wanted to keep raiding the boneyards in Arizona to keep those flying well past the point of insanity.
counterpoint: VARK VARK VARK

quote:

That's the Tu-160.
at least the 160 looks good

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

zone posted:

Orban finally had to knuckle under and allow the EU to pass a 50 billion Euro assistance package over several years for Ukraine assistance. It wasn't for military aid though, that's separate

in exchange he torpedoed the EU environmental restoration law at the last second, probably hoping to get his graft money there since it's less of a hot button issue

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

they were shot downward yes

"We find that they usually hit the ground on their own so there's no point shooting them down"

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

"We find that they usually hit the ground on their own so there's no point shooting them down"

Reminds me of the cope I saw of someone who was trying to mentally rewrite "crashed before reaching target" to "That's what they're suppose to do, right? It's just weaselwording used to imply that they didn't hit the target."

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Is this real or just paranoid russian nonsense?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Nice piece of fish posted:

Is this real or just paranoid russian nonsense?

Who knows any more? Russian propagandists panic at the mere shadow of an idea that Ukraine might have developed long range weapons of their own.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1781630905779388873

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I hope that Siri can instantly translate Russian vranyo into stark reality. Because someone is in for a rude awakening when they hit just the middle lines with a pack of cancer bacon and all those luxuries like two bottles of water and clean plastic shopping bags get confiscated for officers use.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

When you skip over Steam Engine in the tech tree and no one will tech trade with you because of the belligerance mechanic

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I thought steam turbines were well established technology. The Titanic had one, more modern designs would just be more efficient.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The US can't get it's allies to listen to it. Who is really going to be surprised if Ukraine crippled the domestic/consumer energy infrastructure as a Response to Russia trying to do that for years

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The US can't get it's allies to listen to it. Who is really going to be surprised if Ukraine crippled the domestic/consumer energy infrastructure as a Response to Russia trying to do that for years

US should consider first paying the bill and then telling what they want. They are, after all, a member of the Budapest Memorandum which promised that the exact thing that happened will not ever happen under their watch.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I feel like the latest Mark Rober video was made with the situation in Ukraine in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGENEXocJU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

US should consider first paying the bill and then telling what they want. They are, after all, a member of the Budapest Memorandum which promised that the exact thing that happened will not ever happen under their watch.

I wish this was brought up more.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So the vote starts in like 1 hour right

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

SpeedFreek posted:

I thought steam turbines were well established technology. The Titanic had one, more modern designs would just be more efficient.

Up until a few years ago, China had to import all their ball bearings despite being the #1 maker of ballpoint pens because their manufacturing facilities didn't have the tolerances to make BBs consistently. Outsourcing is a hell of a crutch.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

SpeedFreek posted:

The principle and basic technology is, how to make ones that don't explode while producing useful amount of energy isn't.

Deep sea dive balls is another one of those technologies. Yes, the best possible shape for a deep dive vessel is a sphere that is tethered to a cable, but how to make one that has door and window, utilities even for interaction with something, and doesn't implode in several kilometers/not so several miles below the surface isn't easy.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 20, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I feel like the latest Mark Rober video was made with the situation in Ukraine in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGENEXocJU
They largely discount laser weapons, but interestingly the UK only last week announced the plan to fast track the development of DragonFire to get it installed on Royal Navy ships within a few years.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/dragonfire-laser-accelerated-to-equip-british-warships/

There was some talk of sending it to Ukraine but I can't see that happening. While laser weapons are leaving the perpetually five years away phase, they're still not quite there.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Funding just passed.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.