Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It was a truly magical moment. The best part is Toei told them not to do it and they did it anyway. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

latin america is a beautiful place untainted by MAL, they simply enjoy g gundam and dbz as god intended

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t know people still use MAL

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheHan posted:

i guess! though tbf i don't think they had to make it goku vs. the multiverse when the whole point of a royal rumble is it's everyone vs everyone. honestly woulda liked the ToP more if goku didn't get the majority of fights in the goku show :V

I don't...think he did?

I just did a quick look and he only had 5 solo fights, and then 3 combo fights out of like 50 fights.

I guess the Jiren fights were LONGER, but that's just the final focus.

Just like regular Z, Gou had to go heal for a while while everyone fought, and it often cut to other fights, too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The ToP went way out of its way to give everybody on the team a good showing, with the singular exception of Tien. Several characters who aren't named Goku and Vegeta even got multiple fights.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think Krillin got super shafted when his spotlight episode also ended with him not paying attention and getting knocked off the stage. He also showed off that special Solar Flare before the tournament that I don't think he ever actually used.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Krillin had his moment when he green cloud farted on Bacterian for his first big win. Nothing can take that away from him.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nanigans posted:

It was a truly magical moment. The best part is Toei told them not to do it and they did it anyway. :unsmith:

The best best part is Toriyama found it so hype that he incorporated it into the Broly soundtrack.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Momomo posted:

I think Krillin got super shafted when his spotlight episode also ended with him not paying attention and getting knocked off the stage. He also showed off that special Solar Flare before the tournament that I don't think he ever actually used.

Krillin is my favorite character hands down, but even if he was paying attention Frost would have bodied him. I'm more pissed at 18 for not covering him when he saved her rear end and then talking poo poo about him for going out the same way she would have if he hadn't stepped in.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Momomo posted:

He beat the hell out of 3 dudes and saved 18 from a drop before getting cheap shotted by someone he would have had absolutely no chance against, he had a great run. The only thing he got shafted with is everyone taking a dump on him for it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm fine with the idea of Frost beating him, but the way it happened felt pretty bad, especially when everyone dunked on him for it. Piccolo had the same thing happen, and I don't think anyone said a bad thing about him.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Krillin is just that one guy in the crew that everybody rags on

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kanos posted:

The ToP went way out of its way to give everybody on the team a good showing, with the singular exception of Tien. Several characters who aren't named Goku and Vegeta even got multiple fights.

Tien going into the ToP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFXHpZj_MI

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Momomo posted:

I'm fine with the idea of Frost beating him, but the way it happened felt pretty bad, especially when everyone dunked on him for it. Piccolo had the same thing happen, and I don't think anyone said a bad thing about him.

That's just the old ghost of "Toei hates Krillin" shining through. As you say, Piccolo also went off via cheap shot and nobody mocked him. Tien went off in the most pathetic way possible(beating an opponent cold and then getting knocked off because he stopped to gloat instead of just finishing the job) and everyone went "wow tien you're so cool".

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol tien

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Toei once tried to present Krillin as Yamcha's sidekick equivalent to Chiaotzu with Yamcha and Tien being the cool rivals.

Someone at Toei really liked Yamcha as they even removed from the anime the line about him having a lower level of power than Krillin and tried to present him as stronger and cooler than he was up Androids.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

Toei once tried to present Krillin as Yamcha's sidekick equivalent to Chiaotzu with Yamcha and Tien being the cool rivals.

Someone at Toei really liked Yamcha as they even removed from the anime the line about him having a lower level of power than Krillin and tried to present him as stronger and cooler than he was up Androids.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

yamcha didnt even kill a saibaman but krillin killed them all smh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yamcha is a more respectable character than Tien.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Don't forget that he kicked Olibu's rear end in heaven. A filler character that was created to hype up Paikuhan, another filler character that one shotted Cell.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Krillin massacring the saibamen was the hypest poo poo.

Dude got pathetically bitch-slapped by Raditz a year ago and now he's going through Raditz-tier monsters like a combine harvester.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Krillin is cool & strong & also my friend

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Krillin's got a hot Cyborg wife, an adorable daughter and has a One Piece ringtone.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Even if every other human had a higher power level than Krillin, Krillin will always be the strongest human because he's weighed down by the sheer amount of Mondo Cool he inherently carries with him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

krillin was the first character to actually do damage to frieza. he's a badass.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Uh, Gohan definitely did damage to Second Form Freeza before Krillin.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Uh, Gohan definitely did damage to Second Form Freeza before Krillin.

he cut his tail off, bitch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it didnt do anything but it was cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

technically frieza was shown attacking with his tail even when he seemed to be taking things somewhat seriously so cutting his tail off is basically like if hed cut off one of his arms

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he cut his tail off, bitch

Yeah, but that was after Gohan went insane and blew the crap out of him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Freeza impaled Krillin on his horn, Gohan went crazy and actually hurt Freeza, Dende healed Krillin and then Krillin cut off Freeza's tail.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Krillin's got a hot Cyborg wife, an adorable daughter and has a One Piece ringtone.

Krillin is definitely the most successful of the DBZ humans. Poor Tien keeps training, fighting a hopeless battle to remain competitive with the Saiyans. Yamcha...well, he actually made a decent life for himself, but I think he still doesn't have a steady wife/girlfriend?

Krillin manages to balance doing some martial arts with also having a fulfilling life.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Frieza should really consider Krillin more of a rival with the poo poo he kept pulling

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I used to laugh at Krillin, because he's way weaker than Goku & Vegeta and during the entire Namek/Frieza Saga he got slapped around a lot, before ultimately being explodinated by Frieza. When you're a kid, that's funny.

Then I recognised that he's actually a loving badass who refuses to back down no matter the odds, and has various shining moments. I stopped laughing. Dude also overcame his shy/meek nature to marry #18 and gets by on a regular job as a hoverbike cop, despite being a planet-buster who'd make a mint on doing effortless demolition work (though that would be something of a busman's holiday, maybe?).

Krillin's a fuckin' champ.

Fake Edit:
Destructo Disc loving owns, too.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Yamcha steps up because he wants to be seen as cool and impress people.

Tien steps up because he wants to test himself and how far he's come in his training.

Krillin steps up because it's the right thing to do.

Krillin is absolutely the best.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress it. Krillin is absolutely being a permanent character in my Zero five-man team.

Along with Goku & Vegeta because old habits die hard.

Edit:
To this day I love how instantly-accepted Beerus & Whis were to the canon. We all love cats and can relate to owning needy, moody little bastards*, apparently.

*I'd never have it any other way with any of my cats; past, present or future.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 21, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I used to laugh at Krillin, because he's way weaker than Goku & Vegeta and during the entire Namek/Frieza Saga he got slapped around a lot, before ultimately being explodinated by Frieza. When you're a kid, that's funny.

Then I recognised that he's actually a loving badass who refuses to back down no matter the odds, and has various shining moments. I stopped laughing. Dude also overcame his shy/meek nature to marry #18 and gets by on a regular job as a hoverbike cop, despite being a planet-buster who'd make a mint on doing effortless demolition work (though that would be something of a busman's holiday, maybe?).

Krillin's a fuckin' champ.

He's actually important/necessary pretty frequently. On Namek, he saves Gohan/Dende (and himself) by using Solar Flare on Dodoria. And he's the one who throws Goku's spirit bomb to hit Vegeta (which is then reflected by Gohan).

And he has moments of high relevance even later, like when he spares 18 soon before Cell absorbs her (which is sort of like the good parallel to Vegeta's actions - Krillin contributes to Perfect Cell by leaving 18 alive, as opposed to Vegeta deliberately just letting Imperfect Cell live).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, I agree overall that Krillin is rad, but paralleling Vegeta in any way before the very end of Z is not a good look. Even when Vegeta did something not dicky like lashing out at Perfect Cell after he came back and killed Trunks he still managed to be a pain in the rear end.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

you could also see it as growth for krillin since they saiyan saga. he had to be yelled down from makin' a vegeta kabob, but he decided to spare 18 on his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Krillin not wanting to execute someone in cold blood in the name of expediency is absolutely a good look, especially since at that point 18 hadn't done anything particularly wrong besides kicking Vegeta's rear end(debatably a positive instead of a negative at that point) and some property damage/theft. The parallel to Vegeta sparing Perfect Cell is that Vegeta did that out of selfishness, while Krillin spared 18 out of selflessness.