Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

monsters of terror

was all right, but they really peaked with Monsters of Terror 2 before Now That's What I Call Terror started eating their lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Refaat was a wonderful writer. gently caress these assholes saying his poem "glorified" martyrdom, loving cretins.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol at plucky polite canada being the biggest nazis of the anglosphere

or just the most open about it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think it's because they can't do much material they feel the need to talk about it. Obviously America takes the cake here, by metrics like blowing up people.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
There were massives waves of migrations of ethnic europeans to commonwealth nations like Canada and Australia, and that really bought over alot of reprobate nazis from eastern europe.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Canada also is disproportionately involved in the business side of imperialism but little of it gets any airplay even on the left. the biggest looter and drainer of “rebuilding” funds in Afghanistan was some quebecois shitbag who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia article

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Canada also is disproportionately involved in the business side of imperialism but little of it gets any airplay even on the left. the biggest looter and drainer of “rebuilding” funds in Afghanistan was some quebecois shitbag who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia article

Which I'm assuming means he is a LPC donor.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

dti dtc

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

Refaat was a wonderful writer. gently caress these assholes saying his poem "glorified" martyrdom, loving cretins.

loving monsters.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

poem: "Please don't kill me"

*is killed*

wow way to glorify martyrdom!

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

dtj dtsa

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Zodium posted:

israel should be destroyed,
england should be destroyed,
germany should be destroyed,
france should be destroyed,
luxembourg should be destroyed,
denmark should be destroyed,
australia should be destroyed,

there's a lot more to say tbh

add canada to the list pls

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
dt motherfucking i

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Zedhe Khoja posted:

'why labour organizers face serious challenges in latin america' brought to you by the munk debates

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the cultural contrast is so stark; palestine - full of poets, philosophers and scientists, none of whom will ever be respected or lauded in the west

israel; most important cultural export being a marvel cartoon character dressed in the flag and named after a massacre of women and children

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Tara Reade was surprisingly good on Palestine. I had no idea she had a podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBHBxf6qCuA

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

There were massives waves of migrations of ethnic europeans to commonwealth nations like Canada and Australia, and that really bought over alot of reprobate nazis from eastern europe.

Mostly reprobate liberals from Britain

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Uber driver was a palestinian. we yelled Dti dta together he said I was the best rider he's ever had

$ 1,000 tip 5 stars

I do my part folks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Uber driver was a palestinian. we yelled Dti dta together he said I was the best rider he's ever had

$ 1,000 tip 5 stars

I do my part folks

Hell yeah

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Weka posted:

Mostly reprobate liberals from Britain

Yeah, but with a spicy seasoning of actual eastern european nazi collaborators

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's the height of delusion to think nobody would care about ruining the prospects of America's ruling class scions.

the solidarity among them brings a tear to my eye

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Weka posted:

Sherbert Hoover, please tell me you are joking

May God bless the PMF

oh interesting. I just haven't heard anything about it and was making judgments based on biased western reporting. my bad

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dreylad posted:

posting it here then because gently caress those assholes:

quote:

quote:
“IF I MUST DIE”
BY REFAAT ALAREER

If I must die,

you must live

to tell my story

to sell my things

to buy a piece of cloth

and some strings,

(make it white with a long tail)

so that a child, somewhere in Gaza

while looking heaven in the eye

awaiting his dad who left in a blaze—

and bid no one farewell

not even to his flesh

not even to himself—

sees the kite, my kite you made, flying up above

and thinks for a moment an angel is there

bringing back love

If I must die

let it bring hope

let it be a tale

Refaat Alareer was killed by an Israeli airstrike on December 6 2023

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

the wokeness mind weapon was deployed upon the youth without thinking through how it would effect their final solution of the palestine question. thus the lib leviathan that is a modern ivy league hedgefundiversity immediately finds itself rhetorically checkmated at its own game; the mask slips and the deep current of reaction that had been guiding things all along is laid bare.

What no pussy does to a motherfucker

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: lol, old news

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

last year the canadian government honored a German WWII nazi and then pretended they didnt know.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

I said come in! posted:

last year the canadian government honored a German WWII nazi and then pretended they didnt know.

And a couple of years ago our minister of finance said that anyone saying that her grandfather was a nazi was spreading "russian propaganda" despite knowing that he was in fact a nazi, and whom she had an exceptionally close relationship despite that knowledge

It's basically nazi's all the way down

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al! posted:

i would probably not say anything at all or attend a protest where you are being told what language to speak you might as well just slap a cop in the face youll be arrested and released much quicker with less legal trouble

protesting a tesla plant didn't stop it but setting it on fire did. makes u think

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I said come in! posted:

Ukrainian. The Canadian government imported thousands of Nazi collaborators in Operation Matchbox because our Ukrainian-Canadian population was too leftist.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al! posted:

arabic in the evening lol they could only find one guy to cover the shift

that's especially funny considering how many Arabic speakers they have in country from Syria

HallelujahLee posted:

the demonic burger nation has approved $26 billion more to the apartheid state

366-58

"we only used $1.3 billion worth of interceptors against the iran attack. also on an unrelated side note we need congress to appropriate another $25 billion for Israel. it's an emergency "

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

I said come in! posted:

can you remotely imagine somebody like Xi getting successfully baited to award something like a IJA nanking massacre collaborator even if the rest of the entire national congress conspired to, no matter how many dumb pills he took beforehand

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

the cultural contrast is so stark; palestine - full of poets, philosophers and scientists, none of whom will ever be respected or lauded in the west

israel; most important cultural export being a marvel cartoon character dressed in the flag and named after a massacre of women and children

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I can't think of the name of any Israeli actor/actress other than gal gadot, or an Israeli band other than infected mushroom. the correlation between having artistic talent and being in the diaspora rather than in Israel seems incredibly high

edit: added a word so it would make sense

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Apr 21, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Spergin Morlock posted:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I can't think of the name of any Israeli actor/actress other than gal gadot, or an Israeli band other than infected mushroom. the correlation between artistic talent and being in the diaspora rather than in Israel seems incredibly high

Its because most of them have american/british citizenship like that lady who played Princess Amidala, Natalie Portman.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Spergin Morlock posted:

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I can't think of the name of any Israeli actor/actress other than gal gadot, or an Israeli band other than infected mushroom. the correlation between having artistic talent and being in the diaspora rather than in Israel seems incredibly high

edit: added a word so it would make sense

matisyahu? thats all i can think of lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

Palladium posted:

can you remotely imagine somebody like Xi getting successfully baited to award something like a IJA nanking massacre collaborator even if the rest of the entire national congress conspired to, no matter how many dumb pills he took beforehand

He fought the KMT in the middle part of last century in an effort to bring prosperity to China.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

OctaMurk posted:

matisyahu? thats all i can think of lol

nah he’s American

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Ismail Haniyyeh, the political leader of Hamas gave an long interview with a turkish news channel when he visited Erdogan

=========

‎Haniyeh talks about the invasion of Rafah, the exchange deal and the day after the war in Gaza‎

‎Ismail Haniyeh‎‎, head of the political bureau of the Islamic Resistance Movement (‎‎Hamas‎‎), warned of the Israeli army's invasion of the city of ‎‎Rafah‎‎ in the ‎‎Gaza Strip‎‎, stressing at the same time the readiness of the resistance factions on the ground.‎

‎In an interview with Anadolu Agency on the sidelines of his visit to Turkey, Haniyeh said, "It is very clear that the Israeli enemy has a decision to exterminate every point, every place and every city in Gaza, especially since it has been talking about Rafah for months."‎

‎Regarding Washington's position on the invasion, he explained that "the American position is deceptive, and their talk that they need to see plans to avoid harm to civilians is nothing but a deception."‎

‎"All the civilians killed in Gaza were martyred by American weapons and missiles and by American political cover," Haniyeh said.‎

‎"When Washington stands inside ‎‎the Security Council‎‎ and resorts to ‎‎veto‎‎ power against the ceasefire resolution... What does that mean? It means that the United States gives full cover to the continued killing and massacre towards Gaza, and when Washington yesterday vetoes the consideration of the State of Palestine as a full member of the‎‎United Nations‎‎, it means that it adopts the Israeli position and stands against the rights of the Palestinian people."‎

‎"So we didn't fall into this trap. The trap of deception and the so-called exchange of jobs between Americans and Israelis. We warn against entering Rafah, as this could cause a great massacre against our Palestinian people."‎

‎Haniyeh called on "all brotherly countries in Egypt, Turkey, Qatar and all European and other countries directly relevant" to "move to curb the Israeli aggression and prevent entry to Rafah, and even the need for a complete withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and an end to the aggression."‎

‎"But if the Israeli enemy decides to go to Rafah, our Palestinian people will also not raise the white flag, and the resistance in Rafah is also ready to defend itself, confront the aggression, and protect itself and its people," he said.‎

‎After the "Flood"‎

‎Haniyeh spoke about what will happen to the administration of the Gaza Strip after the end of the Israeli war, saying, "There are options and alternatives that are presented with the presence of an Arab force, for example."‎

‎"We welcome any Arab or Islamic force if its mission is to support our Palestinian people and help them liberate themselves from the occupation (Israel), but for an Arab or international force to come to provide protection for the occupation is certainly rejected," he said.‎

‎"There are alternatives that have been put forward, but they are impractical and cannot succeed," Haniyeh said, stressing that "the administration of Gaza must be done by Palestinian will."‎

‎He pointed out that "Hamas is not committed to unilateral representation, as we are part of the Palestinian people and we can build a national unity government and agree to run Gaza on the basis of partnership."‎

‎Haniyeh stressed that "these are national issues (of the Gaza administration) and we will not allow the occupation or others to arrange the Palestinian situation in Gaza or the West Bank or both."‎

‎"The blood of my sons is not more precious than the sons of our people"‎

‎Commenting on the martyrdom of three of his sons and a number of his grandchildren in an Israeli raid in the Gaza Strip on April 10, Haniyeh said, "First, we ask God to have mercy on the martyrs and keep the children and grandchildren, this crime reflects three indications: The first is the enemy's failure to achieve its military objectives over the course of 7 months."‎

‎"The Israeli enemy has only succeeded in killing thousands of children, women and elderly civilians, and therefore the Eid massacre that killed 3 children and 5 grandchildren falls within this context and confirms the failure of this enemy," he said.‎

02:04
‎The second indication, according to Haniyeh, is that "the occupation believes that a massacre affecting my home, children and grandchildren could put pressure on the movement's leadership and president to make concessions in the ongoing ceasefire negotiations, which is delusional."‎

‎Haniyeh stressed that Hamas always stresses "that the demands of the Palestinian people cannot be exaggerated and cannot be waived, whether with regard to the issue of Gaza and the conditions for stopping the aggression, or with regard to our historical and inalienable Palestinian rights to our land, in our homeland and the return of the Palestinian people, and the establishment of their fully sovereign state with Jerusalem as its capital without any negligence or hesitation."‎

‎He continued, "The third indication that I want to point out is that my children are part of our Palestinian people, as we are like our people, we live with our families, our homes, our children, our grandchildren and our homes are all exposed to what our Palestinian people are exposed to, and I said from the first moment, that the blood of my children is not more precious than the Palestinian people in Gaza, the West Bank and everywhere."‎

‎He added that "all the martyrs of Gaza and the West Bank are my sons, just like our martyrs abroad, so we are equal in rights and duties and in paying prices, and we accept all of this with open arms, surrender, steadfastness, determination and unrelenting will, and we affirm that we will go on this path regardless of the sacrifices."‎

‎"I extend my thanks to the Turkish people, who in more than 30 states held absentee prayers for the souls of martyrs, sons and grandchildren, and this is evidence of the unity of the nation and the unity of its feelings, as happened in other countries such as Pakistan and others," he added.‎

‎Israeli and U.S. obstruction of negotiations‎

‎In response to a question about Hamas' demands in indirect negotiations with Israel over a ceasefire in Gaza and the exchange of prisoners, Haniyeh said, "From the beginning our positions were clear, we want to stop the aggression against our people."‎

‎"Stopping the aggression is a priority for us, and for that we agreed to enter into negotiations on the condition that they lead to a permanent ceasefire, a comprehensive withdrawal and the return of all displaced persons leading to an honorable exchange deal," he said.‎

‎According to Haniyeh, Israel "until this moment, despite dozens of meetings and dozens of papers exchanged through mediators, has not agreed to a ceasefire, and all it wants is the return of its prisoners and then the resumption of the war on Gaza, and this cannot be."‎

‎"The Israeli enemy wants Hamas and the resistance to agree to maps for the deployment of the Israeli army, as if we are legitimizing the occupation of the Gaza Strip or part of the Strip, and this cannot be done, a complete withdrawal from Gaza must be achieved," Haniyeh said.‎

‎"He does not want the displaced to return to northern Gaza and to their places of residence, only to agree to a gradual return in limited numbers, and this also cannot take place," he said.‎

‎"He doesn't want to give the required entitlement to the exchange and put very small numbers, and he wants to control them, while he has recently arrested nearly 14,000 Palestinians since Oct. 7 from the West Bank and Gaza."‎

‎He stressed that "what hinders reaching an agreement is the occupation, and what hinders reaching an agreement is also the US administration, which adopts at every station the negotiations of the Israeli vision, and does not put any pressure on the occupation to respond to the logical and correct demands, and at a time when the occupation agrees to our demands, we will certainly be ready to sign the agreement."‎

‎He added that "every card presented by Hamas proves the countries of Egypt, Qatar, Turkey and Russia, along with the United Nations and the United States, as guarantors of the agreement, but every time the Israeli side refuses to have Turkey and Russia among the guarantor countries, so we are sticking to that despite the Israeli rejection."‎

‎Steadfastness of the resistance‎

‎Ismail Haniyeh said that "the resistance in Gaza is still steadfast and steadfast, resisting and defending our Palestinian people, and since the seventh of October until now it is in a position of power and provided something like a miracle in the attack, and a miracle in defense, whether on the seventh of October or during the past months."‎

‎He added that "the Palestinian factions resist the occupation in all axes of fighting, and resist in a variety of ways, with defensive and offensive plans, and have a very high ability to deal with the field situation and security developments, and have proven that they have a strong and unrelenting will derived after God from the will of our people and their incubator in Gaza."‎

‎"This great incubator is steadfast, steadfast and glorious, and in its ability to withstand this global and global war, so the resistance demonstrates its long preparation that it is well equipped for such confrontations and battles," he said.‎

‎Haniyeh said that "the resistance on the ground of Gaza is in the position of being able to continue defending our people, and the enemy will not be able to break the gun of the resistance, lower its flag or defeat its will."‎

‎"This is also our people in the West Bank, which is witnessing renewed resistance in confrontations in different areas, and so it was also in Lebanon, where the resistance fronts are," he said.‎

‎Haniyeh explained that Israel "wanted to single out the Gaza Strip, but within the framework of cohesion between the resistance fronts in Palestine, Lebanon and Yemen, it found itself in a wider resistance."‎

‎"The enormous pressure exerted by the brothers in Yemen on shipping to the Israeli entity has very clear effects on Israel's economy and the economy of companies and ships dealing with it in one way or another," he said.‎

‎Expansion of the war‎

‎Haniyeh said that "the area of confrontation with Israel is expanding in the region, whether in Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, Syria and even Iran, and all of this is linked to the continuation of aggression, war and the war of extermination on the Gaza Strip, and I think that while the aggression on Gaza certainly stops, these fronts will prevail calm."‎

‎"It is no secret that Iran provides military and financial support to the resistance in Palestine as well as technically, this is known for years and it also has a strategy and policy to continue this support in light of the Al-Aqsa flood and the war on the Gaza Strip," he said.‎

‎Haniyeh blamed Israel for the expansion of the war in the region and said that "the latest development that took place is that the Israeli occupation bombed the headquarters of the Iranian mission in Damascus and martyred a number of commanders of the Revolutionary Guards, so everyone expected that Iran could not be silent on this aggression, which directly affected its sovereignty."‎

‎"The bombing of the Iranian mission in Damascus proves that the Israeli occupation mistakenly understood the policy of strategic patience previously raised by Tehran," he said.‎

‎"Everyone expected that there would be a response from Iran, but this response, its size, scope and dimensions are due to Iran, which makes the decision as it sees fit," he said.‎

‎"Now too, the Israeli response came in certain contexts, but what does all this indicate? It indicates two things: Netanyahu does not want to stop the war on Gaza, but rather seeks to expand it into a regional conflict, and the second is to drag the Americans to be part or military arm that serves the Israeli entity in directing strikes on this or that front, especially to Iran."‎

‎"We have pointed out in many conversations that the one who bears responsibility for this regional tension is the Israeli enemy, which continues to deny the rights of the people and its attacks on our holy sites, especially Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa, Islamic and Christian holy sites, and the continuation of the war of extermination on Gaza," he said.‎

‎Israel trial‎

‎At the end of the interview, Haniyeh expressed his appreciation and thanks to the State of South Africa, "which filed a lawsuit against the Israeli occupation and brought it and its leaders for the first time since the ‎‎Nakba ‎‎ to the‎‎International Court of Justice‎‎ and was supported by many countries and legal teams from several countries, whether Arab, Islamic or at the global level."‎

‎"We believe that this is a very important step and the International Court of Justice must continue its procedures to take a decision to stop the massacre inside Gaza first, provide the necessary assistance to the Strip, and present the leaders of the Israeli occupation as war criminals and perpetrators of massacres and the Holocaust against our Palestinian people with impunity," he added.‎

‎"It is clear that the occupation over the years of occupation has been committing massacres and then escaping punishment and international and legal justice, but this time it must not escape the punishment it deserved," he said.‎

‎Earlier on Saturday, Turkish President ‎‎Recep Tayyip Erdogan‎‎ met with Haniyeh at the Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul, and discussed "Israeli attacks on Palestinian territories, especially Gaza."‎

‎Erdogan stressed to Haniyeh, according to a statement issued by the Turkish presidency, that "Turkey continues its diplomatic efforts to draw the attention of the international community to the injustice to which the Palestinians are subjected, and stresses at every opportunity the need for an urgent and lasting ceasefire and an end to atrocities."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%A7%D8%AF%D9%84

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Tara Reade was surprisingly good on Palestine. I had no idea she had a podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBHBxf6qCuA

oh, cool. fiorella isabel is part of that group of 3 female journalists vanessa beeley and eva barlett who covered syria and ukraine pretty well. there's been a small eco-system of english-language russian-affliated media/journalists that's been brewing for awhile. not surprised to see tara reade joining it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:qq: Netanyahu: Sanctions must not be imposed on the Israel Defense Forces. In recent weeks, I have been working against the imposition of sanctions on Israeli citizens, including in my conversations with senior American government officials. At a time when our soldiers are fighting the monsters of terror, the intention to impose a sanction on a unit in the IDF is the height of absurdity and a moral low. The government headed by me will act by all means against these moves

"The Government, headed by ME" really says it all for this statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

$ 1,000 tip 5 stars

I do my part folks

o7