Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

THE James Workshop!?

the one that made the orkz? those guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If you like orks and comics i highly suggest Deff Skwadron

https://readallcomics.com/deff-skwadron-tpb/

naem
May 29, 2011

in the grimdark future

there is only

shoulderpad

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
preferred term is pauldron, namaste

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Necron chat: A billion years ago we broke free from our soul devouring slavers, and now use their agonized remnants to power our weapons. No flesh allowed.

Human chat: 1000 souls of powerful psychics are sacrificed every day to keep the lights on. No girls allowed.

Orkz chat: Look at these little living hairplugs creatures, orks think they're swell.

I'm beginning to come around to ork chat.

Saalkin posted:

Orks is best

naem posted:

Squigs Iz Gud

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I would have the biggest shoulderpads

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
orks really are the one sanitized faction compared to the real life counterpart, because the thing about soccer hooligans is the slur chants and throwing bananas at black soccer players and that sorta thing, so they just dont include it

compared to historical wargames and warhammer fantasy battle, 40k is pretty good about racism

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bob dobbs is dead posted:

orks really are the one sanitized faction compared to the real life counterpart, because the thing about soccer hooligans is the slur chants and throwing bananas at black soccer players and that sorta thing, so they just dont include it

compared to historical wargames and warhammer fantasy battle, 40k is pretty good about racism

I mean, Orks do use humans as slaves and food.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

40K anime could be neat if they did it in that 80's/90's high-detail space opera style.

Ha ha. That would be awesome!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I mean, Orks do use humans as slaves and food.

Yeah so did humans

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah so did humans

Yeah but it was bad then too.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

Yeah but it was bad then too.

:wink:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
basically the non-drukhari eldar and necrons are the only factions who dont have someone at least cannibalizing themselves or eating humans. and the crons try real hard, they just dont have an actual digestive system

votann dont have mentions but they also dont have any lore, so they'll get there

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjJ-PPFCeY

I played this into the ground. It was buggy, but it was fun and the cutscenes were awesome as a kid. You can pick it up for a buck fifty at GOG now!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rhandhali posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjJ-PPFCeY

I played this into the ground. It was buggy, but it was fun and the cutscenes were awesome as a kid. You can pick it up for a buck fifty at GOG now!

:wink:
Have fun!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

I would have the biggest shoulderpads

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

THE James Workshop!?

Workshop, James Workshop

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There should be Krootstealer Kults, kroots fed a diet of humans until they can pass and try to convince human worlds to join the Tau.

They should also fight against genestealer cults, who also fight them

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

There should be Krootstealer Kults, kroots fed a diet of humans until they can pass and try to convince human worlds to join the Tau.

They should also fight against genestealer cults, who also fight them

I am an Ultramarine. Don't make me gently caress poo poo up for you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A hiveworld brawl between the various factions trying to secretly take it over between chaos, tau, and tyrannid only for them to find out there actually isn't anyone on the planet not in one of the cults.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

A hiveworld brawl between the various factions trying to secretly take it over between chaos, tau, and tyrannid only for them to find out there actually isn't anyone on the planet not in one of the cults.

Yeah, I'm the ultramarine.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Barudak posted:

I want this to be a game done by the EYE devs and yeah I know they've made some 40k games but I want them to go all out on the batshit and be in whatever mind-state they were in making EYE.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah, I'm the ultramarine.

In full power armour wearing a Groucho Marx disguise

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In full power armour wearing a Groucho Marx disguise

It only works if we have the moustache

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emperor preserve me, thats the second largest vaudeville actor Ive ever seen.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It only works if we have the moustache

It was never a moustache....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cult_hero posted:

its cool if you don't have a moustache

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

cult_hero posted:

hair squig :cool:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yep

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Emperor preserve me, thats the second largest vaudeville actor Ive ever seen.

I actually had the leader of my Space Marines have a storied history, including getting captured by Dark Eldar and escaping from Commoragh in a series of events including joining a Harlequin troupe, and playing the Emperor in their performance of The Horus Heresy. (To Eldar, it's a comedy)

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Everybody who wants a stand-alone fun Ork romp, get the audiobook of Warboss by Mike Brooks. The plot is that an Ork Waagh is kicking the poo poo out of a human planet, but then their Warboss dies in a freak-accident in the middle of giving a speech (cribbing from Churchill) and then there's a kerfuffle among the bosses about who should be the new Warboss, while at the same time a grot is trying to do a revolution.

It's amazing in audio form, partially because Orks are bad at counting chapter numbers.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mike brooks ork books slap, da gobbo's demise slaps a moderate amount, crowley's gazghkull book and 'enemy of my enemy' is great, and basically every previous ork book is too fuckin dour to actually be orks

naem
May 29, 2011

I have no idea what this is from or why it has spanish subtitles

https://youtu.be/5wsaH5VRx1E?si=VGjyDBbteBJT9hss

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

I have no idea what this is from or why it has spanish subtitles

https://youtu.be/5wsaH5VRx1E?si=VGjyDBbteBJT9hss

Unimaginable dark elf torture or live on an Iron Warriors chaos world

:black101: Iron Within, Iron Without :black101:

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I want to read one of the ork books but I don't think I could stand a whole book where dey talk like dis alla da time

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Take small breaks? Seems like a skill issue.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Warden posted:

Everybody who wants a stand-alone fun Ork romp, get the audiobook of Warboss by Mike Brooks. The plot is that an Ork Waagh is kicking the poo poo out of a human planet, but then their Warboss dies in a freak-accident in the middle of giving a speech (cribbing from Churchill) and then there's a kerfuffle among the bosses about who should be the new Warboss, while at the same time a grot is trying to do a revolution.

It's amazing in audio form, partially because Orks are bad at counting chapter numbers.

Da Big Dakka comes after it with that grot's continuing revolutionary adventures

read Brutal Kunnin first though (and the short stories Where Dere's Da Warp Dere's A Way before that and Road Rage after)

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 22, 2024

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

TK8325 posted:

I want to read one of the ork books but I don't think I could stand a whole book where dey talk like dis alla da time

The only ork book I've read is Ghazghkull Thraka: Prophet of the Waaagh!, but its primarily told through a lengthy inquisition interrogation. Helps to break it up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Interrogating an Ork has to be easy if you just keep them supplied with beer in between a spot of light torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in Da Big Dakka there's dark eldar bitching about taking ork captives because they're too annoying to torture properly and are therefore worthless