Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Tubi's big benefit is that, along with Criterion, it's one of the few streaming services with easy ways to actually discover things to watch thanks to very specific and robust genre categories. Seriously, those two and Shudder are the only streaming services that feel like they want me watching the stuff in their catalogue.
:hai:
Yeah, great categories and deep catalogues. You can just mine tubi for ages. My watchlist is insane right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
My friend got out of Immaculate in my country and immediately texted me, 'That was poo poo!' turns out they had cut the entire ending right from where she escapes, making it a movie about a girl who carries rape baby mutant Jesus antichrist to term and presumably saves or perhaps dooms the entire world.

Probably not what the filmmakers
Intended.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also I take back the Apes series not being conveniently placed because apparently all or a lot of it is on Disney+ rn, I just never look at that poo poo cuz I got it from a homie and only watch Classic Simpsons on it sometimes.
Edit: nevermind Disney was lying to me

Dunno if I'm supposed to skip the first Franco movie cuz it's a mid but prolly not, I'm going in.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 20, 2024

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spermanent Record posted:

My friend got out of Immaculate in my country and immediately texted me, 'That was poo poo!' turns out they had cut the entire ending right from where she escapes, making it a movie about a girl who carries rape baby mutant Jesus antichrist to term and presumably saves or perhaps dooms the entire world.

Probably not what the filmmakers
Intended.

Hahah, what the gently caress. I can't imagine how much more different the movie lands with that entire ending cut.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also I take back the Apes series not being conveniently placed because apparently all or a lot of it is on Disney+ rn, I just never look at that poo poo cuz I got it from a homie and only watch Classic Simpsons on it sometimes.

Dunno if I'm supposed to skip the first Franco movie cuz it's a mid but prolly not, I'm going in.

Nah, Rise is necessary, just gotta hold your nose and bear some Franco, because otherwise it's a pretty great movie.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Paying the $8 or whatever to remove ads from YT is absolutely worth it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

Kind of wonder what the twist for Trap is going to be. It seems like such a good high concept movie.

The serial killer is the pop star and Josh hartegg is a cop

Keeping the autocorrect

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
also gently caress all these streaming animals for putting ads in the menus now, it's just ridiculous lmao. as if your UI and catalogues didnt already suck
hang em all and let god sort em out hth

finally found all (I think) of the ape movies on Hulu

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

And yeah with all the paid services adding tiers and restrictions and squeezing people, I'm fine with an actually good free service with ads, I just mute that poo poo and smoke a bowl or do some cleaning.

sit down and actually watch these ape movies. They're not conveniently placed together in any given streaming app I don't think (like the times I decided to run through all of Final Destination for example) but gently caress it I'll figure it out :filez:

Ok, here's your assignment. Queue up the ape movies, clean the dishes, smoke a bowl then chill and watch apes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ublock Origin, my friend

Flags it for me and gives me poo poo.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ublock Origin, my friend

100%. I haven't seen an add on youtube in decades.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
apes together strong, so skipping rise will only make you weak

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Ok, here's your assignment. Queue up the ape movies, clean the dishes, smoke a bowl then chill and watch apes.
:hmmyes: now that I can do.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The new apes trilogy is absolutely goated. Shame they’re tainted

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

The new apes trilogy is absolutely goated. Shame they’re tainted
the apes are contaminated?! by what?

also digging the gently caress out of this so far.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ublock Origin, my friend

I was trying to watch a video on my smart TV lol

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I tried Tubi once and after the first ad break it restarted the episode I was watching from the beginning. Immediately uninstalled

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hate it when found footage movies are too cowardly to have bad audio.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
late night with the devil kicked rear end

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't wanna ape derail too much but man this movie rips. Just too bad they're such cowards that every ape (when facing a police officer trying to kill it with an automatic weapon) is just like "oh a police officer! Let me pick you up and then place you gently back on the ground my precious angel" most of the time. I did get to see a gorilla fight a mounted cop so that was fun.

Me just hooting and hollering and beating my chest while the apes storm the ape bastille and then run through the SFPD lmao. YEAH GET EM!! EAT poo poo!!

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 21, 2024

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Medullah posted:

https://x.com/medullah/status/1781742999052931137

I made this joke and I laughed and I'm sure no one on Twitter will get it so I am bringing it here because a goon might,

loving hell, lol

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Don't worry, the sequels absolutely drop any pretense that the apes won't kill humans, those apes gently caress people up.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wes ball

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just watched the empty man with absolutely no knowledge of what would be going down. Me and my friends really enjoyed it!

Felt like three or four times it took a right turn into being a different movie until the final reveal but I was there for it the whole way as everything keeps unravelling around the main guy.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The Empty Man is all over the place and feels like several movies mashed together, but there's some very effective stretches. The opening act is like its own short film. It looks like aside from that movie and one of the best Cabinet of Curiosities episodes, that director mainly does "making of" type documentaries on other movies, which is a shame. I hope he gets more chances.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

In order to try to turn around my recent streak of lovely movies I decided to dip into the stock of horror movies that had been recommended to me that I was saving for next month. I watched Altitude and Gags the Clown.

They were both bad.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Medullah posted:

https://x.com/medullah/status/1781742999052931137

I made this joke and I laughed and I'm sure no one on Twitter will get it so I am bringing it here because a goon might,

lol goddamn

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Idgi what movie is it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I didn't enjoy the Empty Man or any ____ man movie at all. The whole zoomer curse thing is awful and lazy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cemetary man and dark man are lit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cemetary man and dark man are lit

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Calexio posted:

loving hell, lol

Thanks you made me feel appreciated.

CelticPredator posted:

Idgi what movie is it

Speak No Evil. Major spoilers movie ends with two people getting stoned to death nude.

Don't read that if you haven't seen it, it's a great movie.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Doltos posted:

I didn't enjoy the Empty Man or any ____ man movie at all. The whole zoomer curse thing is awful and lazy.

Disrespect for Blank Man...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Are curses zoomer now?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doltos posted:

Not even Psycho Gore??

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Doltos posted:

Invisible Man is good

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are curses zoomer now?

It feels like every horror movie geared towards teens is just a curse movie. Empty Man, Bye Bye Man, Wish Upon, Truth Or Dare, anything that just CGI's out a rictus grin. It's all derivative.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Those zoomers love curses. They are always hexing me and reading their tarot cards. Ugh!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

I hate it when found footage movies are too cowardly to have bad audio.

Agreed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gripweed, have u seen 15/05/11 abandoned grain elevator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

Gripweed, have u seen 15/05/11 abandoned grain elevator

No