Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, but has grass been set on fire? Checkmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Should i watch the race or liege bastogne liege?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

dont watch the race

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I did not watch the race OP

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Grimson posted:

dont watch the race

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ty

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Residency Evil posted:

Should i watch the race or liege bastogne liege?

Imola wec race is on, bette pick than either of those.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

my choice of not staying up and watching this farce of a sport live seems to have been the correct one.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol stroll is such a moron

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Are there any photos of Oscar's mashed up car floating around?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

go lando

boo max

lmao stroll just go away you're embarrassing yourself and your dad

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Nice race 'andos. Everyone else that was terrible please drive better or worse

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stroll sucks

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Sunk Dunk posted:

“So I'm doing my best not to say what I want to say, but gently caress that guy - and I'm being nice still.”

-Ricciardo on Stroll

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wicka posted:

Stroll sucks

Bold if true.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Aston Martin will always be poo poo until dad stroll dumps the big baby

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just finished the race. A few good lols in the middle but bad race, extremely ugly track, just a solid smog cloud, China should shut down the country like they did for the Olympics then maybe f1 could hit their net zero co2 goal

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bold if true.

Stroll sucks

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
So Hulk passed Are Dan under safety car after Dan got hit but Dan took the spot back, so when he gets a penalty now instead of 10 secs he has to serve 3 spots at the next race and gets the most severe penalty of anyone, because he had to withdraw because he got hit. Lmao this sport.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 21, 2024

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nothing more amazing than watching literally the best driver on the grid and the worst driver on the grid on the same team

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Didn't bother to wake up for this one but I'm watching the highlights video on Youtube and I'm happy that half of it is Nando driving through the grid like he's the goddamn Doom Slayer. He's making the most out of that car.

Stroll can gently caress off into the sun, the delusional git.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Good race, some excellent racing in the middle there. Hamilton is fuckin washed but I hope he does better in a Ferrari.

Riccardo was robbed by binman extraordinaire Stroll, but he still finished ahead of his teammate all weekend, so that's nice.

Alonso doing yeomans work in a car like that.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Congrats on Lance Stroll being the lead driver in Aston Martin’s WEC team next year! What a big step in his career, it was wonderful having him in F1 but now he’s on to bigger and better things

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nico rosberg sounded like young sheldon out there. good race though

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bad race

And then we have loving Miami next

Formula 1 fans should be put on self-harm watchlists, this is miserable

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not only is it Miami but it's another sprint weekend.

Has Sky Sports just run out of money and they can't afford Brundle anymore?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just watched the highlights, just lol that a good minute of it was the battle between Magnussen and Stroll for last place on track

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Going to make up a rumour about Brundle being wanted by the CCP.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Arc Hammer posted:

Not only is it Miami but it's another sprint weekend.

Has Sky Sports just run out of money and they can't afford Brundle anymore?

Sky being cheap with travel expenses at the moment, not a fan of the split into the studio as its really cheap CGI, also no brindle as I think he's on holiday this time of year.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And I know I probably say this every race he does something stupid but someone please punt Stroll out of F1. That post-race interview where he acted completely oblivious to the fact he rammed Ricciardo, he's just insufferable.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

And I know I probably say this every race he does something stupid but someone please punt Stroll out of F1. That post-race interview where he acted completely oblivious to the fact he rammed Ricciardo, he's just insufferable.

i think this is just an extension of the radio being monitored by the FIA spooks to mete out penalties so you are only being a good driver by complaining or being stupid.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
All F1 races should be conducted during monsoon/hurricane season

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

What was Sargeant's penalty actually for, beyond being the least useful penalty ever leveled against someone?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nothing more amazing than watching literally the best driver on the grid and the worst driver on the grid on the same team

Perez isn't the worst driver.

Sash! posted:

What was Sargeant's penalty actually for, beyond being the least useful penalty ever leveled against someone?

I think Hulkenberg maybe beat him to the safety car line coming out of the pits under safety car? It wasn't super clear and seems kind of an unfair ruling in addition to being pointless.

Simplex fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 21, 2024

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Formula 1 fans should be put on self-harm watchlists, this is miserable

If you unironically found anything interesting about any race this season then you probably should just end it all because you're about 3 decades too late to be a heaven's gate cultist.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

McLaren

Simplex posted:

I think Hulkenberg maybe beat him to the safety car line coming out of the pits under safety car? It wasn't super clear and seems kind of an unfair ruling in addition to being pointless.

If this happens and the FIA can see it on the transponders and the SC is still out then they should resolve it by just asking the driver to let the one behind past. How are they meant to know if they got to a line drawn on the road before or after someone coming out of the pits?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Good god man, this is the pinnacle of motorsport. I'm sure they have it figured out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCK-w_hRoVw

Missed the RPM video from before the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
i love this bobsleigh team trying to push bottas' car out of the way, and him getting a ride back to the pits?

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCK-w_hRoVw

Missed the RPM video from before the race.

it was loving poo poo when it was posted before the race and it's poo poo now