Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

I turn avatars off, out of respect for the newbies with stupid newbie avatars.

thats it im voting 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

thats it im voting 1

there it is, there's the kid's fastball!

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Dude, the PS5's UX and UI troubles are nothing in comparison to the Xbox S. The S is a good system but if you want to see amateur hour on the UX front worse than the S, you are going to have to play EA Sports MMA.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I actually like some of sony's hosed up UI experiments like the XMB and whatever the gently caress was going on with the Vita's UI but the "activities" poo poo and the PS5 UI in general, is insanely bad.

I couldn't believe how weird and just slightly off the PS5 menu felt in every way compared to PS4, I just want to turn it on and see a grid of my games and like a settings menu off to the side but they've made this about as unintuitive and obnoxious as possible

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

xoFcitcrA posted:

if you want to see amateur hour on the UX front worse than the S, you are going to have to play EA Sports MMA.
Or Hitman: World of Assassination

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Owl Inspector posted:

I couldn't believe how weird and just slightly off the PS5 menu felt in every way compared to PS4, I just want to turn it on and see a grid of my games and like a settings menu off to the side but they've made this about as unintuitive and obnoxious as possible

I wasn't even a big fan of the PS4 UI due to my unhealthy love of the XMB but good god is the PS5 UI just worse in every possible aspect.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually don't mind the current xbox UI that much apart from the prevalence of ads on the front screen.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I actually don't mind the current xbox UI that much apart from the prevalence of ads on the front screen.

The fact that you can't press up to wrap to the bottom of any menu kills me. And you have to do that to close *any* game. This is 2024 and Microsoft still has billions (thousands of millions) they won't spend getting poo poo right that my indie dev buddies get right on their first try.

Rrgh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno if I'm just used to it at this point but my PS5 just has recently played games at the top and I press button on one of those and it works? And everything else is in the library.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Dunno if I'm just used to it at this point but my PS5 just has recently played games at the top and I press button on one of those and it works? And everything else is in the library.

Yeah, PS is only *slightly* wonky but they have been fixing it.
Perhaps more slowly than they should, but they *have* been fixing it.

Videogames and cooking are my favorite hobbies so I think about these sorts of things a lot and take them seriously.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of crap on the screen that I don't need. But the stuff I do need is all there and is perfectly clear so I don't care that much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The whole 'activities' thing seems like someone wanting an obvious hook to fast loading and forgetting that people play games other than CoD

The one time I tried it it popped up a big warning saying to use my save game to avoid loving up progress lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

The whole 'activities' thing seems like someone wanting an obvious hook to fast loading and forgetting that people play games other than CoD

The one time I tried it it popped up a big warning saying to use my save game to avoid loving up progress lol

It reminds me of the Vita's "LiveArea" gimmick in that there's probably a handful of games that actually use it to its "full potential" and most others don't really care

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The PS5 UI is bad, but just like the bravest of PC gamers, I boldly go over one screen and click on a different app to play a video game sometimes.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
For PS5, I just want:
A. Folders. Dear god give me my folders back.
B. To be able to move / delete game icons off the home screen.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really liked the Jagged Crown quest. Kinda reminded me of Aliens: A bunch of marines imperials goes on what seems like routine mission, until they slowly begin to realize that something is wrong and then all hell breaks loose. One of the idiot imperials even managed to wake the draugr sitting on the throne while wearing the crown.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Nintendo Switch had a system update that added folders but theyre strangely difficult to access so I only accidentally ever see them

not sure what the point was other than to say that they technically exist :confused:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Getting really into For Honor in 2024.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wizard2 posted:

Nintendo Switch had a system update that added folders but theyre strangely difficult to access so I only accidentally ever see them

not sure what the point was other than to say that they technically exist :confused:

I found it helpful for making a folder full of multiplayer games since my library is so massive that it helps to have that stuff easily sorted for when I have pals over. Other than that, though, yeah the implementation is kinda wack.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did they ever balance patch it? I vaguely recall it dying out with the competitive people since one of the DLC characters had a 50/50 mixup into lethal damage at all times

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I miss console themes

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never understood the appeal of console themes. I never spend any time on the home screen.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lmao

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bad Video Games posted:

I never understood the appeal of console themes. I never spend any time on the home screen.

Maybe you'd spend more time on the home screen if there was a dancing skeleton on it?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Maybe you'd spend more time on the home screen if there was a dancing skeleton on it?

Probably not. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just miss the roasting corn over an open fire theme I had on PS4. I'm sad that Sony never brought themes back to PS5.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sad we'll never get to hear a Robin Williams online poo poo-talking compilation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oli6h6aacU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you need to play Three Honor to understand the plot

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ooh yeah this game is a hidden gem. One of the times UBISoft gets it right when they are not trying to make an open world game. As far as I know its still being supported too with content updates.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they should remake FF6 like they're remaking FF7.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I finally got around to playing 30XX

This game rules. It feels like a pixel perfect recreation of Megaman Zero gameplay

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Captain Invictus posted:

They already said that's never gonna happen and hell I think a ff6 remake requires a different aesthetic anyway

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

I finally got around to playing 30XX

This game rules. It feels like a pixel perfect recreation of Megaman Zero gameplay

Agreed! Picked it up once it was out of early access and its been really cool! I want to find some time to start making my own levels.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

They already said that's never gonna happen and hell I think a ff6 remake requires a different aesthetic anyway

Yeah, I would rather just have Final Fantasy 17 at this point. Don't really want it to become a trend to just remake every single game imaginable. We dont need a remake of all retro Final Fantasy games.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I would like a sequel to Stranger of Paradise that is also a sequel to Final Fantasy 2

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

They should just keep remaking the worst Final Fantasy games instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wizard2 posted:

I would like a sequel to Stranger of Paradise that is also a sequel to Final Fantasy 2

Yep if anything give us this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, I would rather just have Final Fantasy 17 at this point. Don't really want it to become a trend to just remake every single game imaginable. We dont need a remake of all retro Final Fantasy games.

Just give me the dogshit bonus content from the gba/mobile phone ports as toggleable content to the pixel remasters and Ill mostly stop complaining.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

I said come in! posted:

We dont need a remake of all retro Final Fantasy games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aren’t there already at least 3 or so different remakes of the OG Final Fantasy?