Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

it was this one

lmao, I'd forgotten that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mawarannahr posted:

I had a friend whose mother was English and she wondered why I never ate her cooking unless it was a grilled cheese

a friend of mine's mom is british and his dad is honduran so he grew up learning to cook like 100 bean recipes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Weka posted:

If it's a nose ring it's probably rodeo related

i like when women get a septum ring because that's also how they lead cattle around

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
ah, the cooking gene is patriarchal

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Majorian posted:

I'll bet it's this one:

Which means evilweasel reported it lmao

evilweasel was such a lovely mod and poster. I guess he probably still is a lovely poster lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

one that insulted vilerat lol

lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

evilweasel was such a lovely mod and poster. I guess he probably still is a lovely poster lol

uspol getting moved to cccc was ultimately a failed experiment but it was ultimately worth it for the time he showed up there to give an anime villain speech

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lumpentroll posted:

oh it was about that lol

Lol you got secondary trolled. Koos ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the post about leon trotsky 2012 is the best one still

Koos Group posted:

Yes. He has the lowest ratio of reported posts to total posts of the top ten USCE posters, therefore he is mathematically the best and most good faith mod candidate. In addition, we wanted to add some diversity of viewpoints to the mod team, and all the rest of us believe that six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Weka posted:

Koos ftw

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

who is the idf "reservist" scum mod?

let's do an inquisition

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Boston Bruins fans started two "USA! USA!" chants at the game last night... epic.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

When hockey first came back there was no crowd but also they didn't have fake crowd sounds. So you could hear the boys cussing each other out or scream 'Thats loving bullshit' at the refs when they got a penalty. It was great

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Skipped 1200 posts in a depressive state did I miss much

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yeah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh my modem died and the spectrum store is two miles away. that's usually a quick bike ride but my tummy hurts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lmao koos still has it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lmfao

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories
(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My boyfriend has always been a left wing guy. Part of what I liked about him is that he believes in things and has been involved in various good causes. However, the combination of Bernie losing the dem primary and COVID seems to have changed him into a completely different person and I’m scared of who he has become. He started following supposedly far leftist people on and reading various weird conspiracy sites, it started off relatively small like how he kept going on about how Biden was a corporate stooge or how Warren was a plant by the DNC to take away votes from Bernie; stuff where maybe there was an element of truth but where a narrative of maliciousness was created where there wasn’t really. It kept getting more extreme though; when the BLM protests started he wouldn’t get involved with any of the protests despite having been involved before with them and everyone asking him to.

When our POC friends tried to educate him on why the protests were important he kept saying that BLM was CIA backed and it was designed to alienate the working classes from each other. Whenever anyone would explain that the there’s literally no evidence for that and that he was basically repeating a far right conspiracy he literally calls us all sheep and that we're blinded by our 'ideology'.
From there he has really spiralled, he refused to vote for Biden and called him a rapist and kept pushing all of those discredited Ukraine stories. Whenever I tried to show him how that was discredited by the NYT he called me an ‘idiot’ for believing the NYT and that it was democrat propaganda. He said he didn’t vote for Trump but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me; right before election day he posted this big rant on facebook about how Biden was a puppet of the neocons and the ‘military industrial complex’.

Some other conspiracies he now shares include:
9/11 was planned by a sinister cabal of people in government, the military and the CIA (according to him the CIA is basically responsible for everthing that happens everywhere)

Corbyn (british left wing guy accused of being anti semitic) was set up by ‘powerful Zionists’
Literally every Epstein conspiracy ever even ones that contradict each other

A certain very famous and beloved film director is the head of Hollywood pedophile group that basically includes 90% of famous people (he keeps accusing famous people of being pedos or being friends with epstein)
I know these are all massive loving neon red flags, but I think that this year has basically destroyed his mental health and I feel like I can’t leave him like this because it will just lead him to spiral into a really dark place. To his credit, he hasn’t really got into the coronavirus conspiracies, he says that he is neutral, though he has recently started saying that the drug companies were exaggerating their vaccine results to inflate their share prices so I’m really worried he’s falling down that rabbithole as well.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and has anyone else managed to save a loved one from this conspiracy madness?

A new front in the posting wars between cspam and dnd

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Butter Activities posted:

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M]

:thunk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M]

quote:

losing the dem primary and COVID

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories
(self.relationship_advice)

A new front in the posting wars between cspam and dnd

lmao hell yeah

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the bfs right. the gf is basically an idiot with no life experience.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

My [22R] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

He’s right

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah uh. Hmm

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lmao... 14??

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FF's succession posting in the ukraine thread is not to be slept on

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

strong chance its not real, still :whitewater:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Smythe, your gf is worried about you.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Going to the local wrestling show this afternoon, got VIP tickets so I can feel the slams and get yelled at by the heels this time

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
22/F/Arab

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my gf also believes the conspiracies

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

He just keeps ranting about sending goons to the gas chamber...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

graphic design is my passion

Only registered members can see post attachments!