Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I've had a repeat problem with my revolver. My primary gun, usually plasma punisher, is on half a magazine. I swap to the revolver, use the shots and start reloading. I need my primary again and swap to it, only to find myself reloading the primary, which I didn't want. Is this a bug, or am I pressing the reload key without thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Tried the High Value Target Defense Missions on 9 after the Factory Striders came back.

Discord group after patch: WTF THERE ARE SO MANY

Discord group knowing that the striders are coming: We lost the first gates but we held on as long as you can get the turrets off of them. Bringing an emergency 380, 500k, Rail Cannon strike for when all is lost really helped build up a wall of metal husks it seems.

Pubbie group 1: Success with absolute silence on the mic.

Pubbie group 2: Determined to fail after I warned on the mic that we need more stuff for the cannon turrets like an EAT or Quasar. The host picked rocket pods, I mentioned that we get those free "I don't think you understand the power of 6 rocket pods". aight so we didn't have anything to hit the cannon turrets.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Darth Walrus posted:

He does do a pretty good job of having his Helldiver go from relatively composed and professional to completely losing his poo poo when injured/under heavy fire.

REINFORCING!

I think his is the one that reminds me so much of an I Think You Should Leave character, and if they'd do a Tim Robinson Helldiver voice pack DLC I would give them basically any amount of money. He's got the perfect intense-urgent voice that keeps getting sillier as the Helldiver gets injured and panicked.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phenotype posted:

I think his is the one that reminds me so much of an I Think You Should Leave character, and if they'd do a Tim Robinson Helldiver voice pack DLC I would give them basically any amount of money. He's got the perfect intense-urgent voice that keeps getting sillier as the Helldiver gets injured and panicked.

I definitely would make use of the "We're all trying to find the guy who did this!" line after triple TKing with a 500kg.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

https://i.imgur.com/1hi1k1u.mp4 Unmute to hear the sound of the host abusing infinite grenades.

Here's a glitch when a Charger loving slammed me into the fourth dimension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTibzXj5TJc

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 21, 2024

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I played a round with a hacker the other day, it wasn't immediately apparent because I was split off from him for a while, but he had the same infinite grenade glitch and apparently an unreleased mech strategem. He called down a bunch of em during extraction and I tried one out. Instead of the rockets/chain gun it had, I dunno, maybe an autocannon sorta thing on each arm? Single shooter with 75 shots each that killed almost anything I shot in one hit, although I don't think we got any heavies at the end to try it on.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Phenotype posted:

I played a round with a hacker the other day, it wasn't immediately apparent because I was split off from him for a while, but he had the same infinite grenade glitch and apparently an unreleased mech strategem. He called down a bunch of em during extraction and I tried one out. Instead of the rockets/chain gun it had, I dunno, maybe an autocannon sorta thing on each arm? Single shooter with 75 shots each that killed almost anything I shot in one hit, although I don't think we got any heavies at the end to try it on.

The mech sounds similar to the obsidian from 1. https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/EXO-48_Obsidian_Exosuit.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it bothers me that the ship says "hellpod launch UH-nitiated" instead of "initiated." :spergin:

goddamn valley girl ai

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Eye-nye-she-uh-ted

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Oshaune
( Osha - oonay )

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sonel posted:

The mech sounds similar to the obsidian from 1. https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/EXO-48_Obsidian_Exosuit.

It's the Emancipator, presumably so-called because it emancipates the enemies of democracy from their limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8goWXn7Cs8

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

it bothers me that the ship says "hellpod launch UH-nitiated" instead of "initiated." :spergin:

goddamn valley girl ai

Hellapod

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I wish you had to option to change weapons/armor while waiting to be redeployed. It's a different diver, why not be able to mix it up

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
3rd level 7 game in a row where my team refuses to look for the super samples :smith:.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i joined a 7 where one person was level 8 or something. it was obvious one of the other two was basically carrying him up to this level. in the game the guy wasnt horrible but they were consistently dying causing us to waste time reinforcing them. finally in the middle of our objective they and their buddy that was carrying them just quit the match and me and the other person were actually able to finish it much easier.

then i finally played one of the defense gate missions and we were holding them off at the ramp with the two generators and i had an AC cannon in the back that was sniping creatures as they came up that ramp and one of the players kept going right at that point to shoot bugs before they got up there but this was causing the AC turret to target him and he died a couple times. i said in comms "hey you should back up there." and the guy goes crazy in chat typing poo poo like, "we're fine. geez." "see idiot we won the match" the rest of the way.

one of my last matches last night was the citizen evac level and i drop in on a pub and the whole time we're just being flooded with titans and chargers. i was kiting a charger and a titan not being able to use my EATs and i'm trying to figure out why we're being overrun and i just assume it snowballed and people were just having issues getting shots up. anyways the timer runs out and i die almost immediately after so i'm spectating the other players.. only 1 person has a quasar and i look at the other players and they're just running around as well but it seems obvious that they have no AT/heavy weapons. then i look at their levels... highest was 27.

i did have some fun matches where i played a citizen evac match where everyone was 50+ and i was actually the lowest level player, and one person went off to find the super rares while the rest of us defended the evac point waiting for them to get back. i didn't think they could do it and i was pretty nervous when they were still farming even after they found the super rares on the map but we were able to defend and clear out the evac enough for them to casually stroll in. that match was me being a wet blanket but i think it was just me spending the entire day playing with the bad pubs above.

also a game i played on friday was so nice people were chatting on voice and i actually got that achievement where you complete an extreme mission without any deaths and it was cool getting that unexpectedly since everyone was playing as a team on it.

i get people have to eventually play these and level 25+ isn't that low but i wish they'd at least gate 7+ to at least that level minimum. it's just not fun at all to drop in and see some single digit player that you are just reinforcing the entire time. actually the worst part is none of these people talk at all. they just keep running off and dying instead of tagging along. i don't have a problem with losing a match but i just feel like sometimes other players are just huge drains on matches that were winnable.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mesadoram posted:

3rd level 7 game in a row where my team refuses to look for the super samples :smith:.

That's when you start hosting and laying down some ground rules.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

DarkDobe posted:

This.
It's been my baby since day one and only gotten better.
Try it on egg roasting missions.

Or try like 4 total eruptor shots per egg cache

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

It's the Emancipator, presumably so-called because it emancipates the enemies of democracy from their limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8goWXn7Cs8

I wonder if exosuits shouldn't have a call in limit. I rarely take it because of that and its low amount of ammo, and when I do, it's usually for defending an objective, not for roaming the landscape blowing poo poo up.

E: Like, maybe if it had the same number of missiles but double the chaingun ammo?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Strong Sauce posted:

i get people have to eventually play these and level 25+ isn't that low but i wish they'd at least gate 7+ to at least that level minimum. it's just not fun at all to drop in and see some single digit player that you are just reinforcing the entire time. actually the worst part is none of these people talk at all. they just keep running off and dying instead of tagging along. i don't have a problem with losing a match but i just feel like sometimes other players are just huge drains on matches that were winnable.

I'm glad they are trying harder missions tbh. The fact they didn't stick the mission out sucks, puts off their learning for a while. If they simply persevere they should sort of figure it out. Bug9 really isn't too bad at all (unless you drop into spores, fog, a heavy nest, and between 2 stalker nests spawning 8 each :suicide:)

I have a story from last night where these 20-30 dudes joined my bug9 blitzfest and stuck it out for 4-5 blitzes in a row eventually getting the hang of it. Granted they needed a short break after the 3rd because of the intensity of the gameplay but I'm sort of proud of these dudes.

:confused: these loadouts idk man

Other pubbie razzing those guys lol
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/NUurW1WQTPisxbhQxJnvAmJ-4RKezFUuQdLeNAoC77E/https/i.imgur.com/JGQKrID.mp4

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Shield Devastators take 2 impact grenades I'm not sure what the fuss is about

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

magiccarpet posted:

The sixth or seventh or eight group with them in a 2 minute span :v:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Helldivers 2: Don't drink and dive

Did a level 9 mission last night after having some fine bourbon. Bile spewers lobbing butt artillery, tons of BTs, chargers, relentless spawns, the works. Oh and someone left about a quarter of the way through so we were down to 3 people. Cleared the map, extracted with 0 deaths, over 400 kills, 40 samples, and leveled up to Admirable Admiral. It felt like I beat the game.

Drinking and diving owns, will do again

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hakarne posted:

Drinking and diving owns, will do again

what loadout?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

magiccarpet posted:

Reddit has to have something to complain about. Autocannon just deletes them.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I am so tired of almost everything in this game having completely silent footsteps.

E: especially when its the poo poo that 1 taps you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Go look for them yourself. They're always at the rock that looks like a buttplug

Mordja posted:

I wonder if exosuits shouldn't have a call in limit. I rarely take it because of that and its low amount of ammo, and when I do, it's usually for defending an objective, not for roaming the landscape blowing poo poo up.

E: Like, maybe if it had the same number of missiles but double the chaingun ammo?

I'm okay with the call down limit, but you should be able to reload them in the field as well. Like how the eagle has a rearm stratagem, mechs should come with a stratagem that drops a mech specific ammo box. Putting it on a long cooldown would prevent it from being overpowered, but it would reward people who are careful and keep their walkers alive.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, that sounds good also. Like I said, my current issue with the mechs is that I'm using them more like a semi-mobile turret more than anything.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I think the mech is fine except for the rocket aiming bugs. It went from my favorite stratagem to the dumpster pile overnight with that change

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

It really sucks when you get a group of pubbies that really gel on a high difficulty level, with either no comms or simple map markers, and then afterwards the whole squad disbands instead of finishing the other operation missions. At least for Darktide it's all one and done affairs.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Bottom Liner posted:

what loadout?

It's the one from my quoted post below. If there are fewer than two people running Quasars/RRs/EATs/Spear in the group I'll take a Quasar instead of the flamethrower, but if others have that covered (they usually do) I find the flamethrower to be the better compliment to this build. I was using the flamethrower on that perfect 9 run. I've had multiple runs with it now where my only deaths have been from my teammates on 7+, and a few completely deathless runs.

Hakarne posted:

Confirmed my new favorite bug loadout tonight:

Eruptor, Redeemer, Incendiary Grenade

Eagle 500kg, Eagle Napalm, Flamethrower, Laser Dog (Note I have the new Enhanced Combustion upgrade which really makes this shine)

Light Armor with +Grenade, - Recoil on crouch (the one in the new warbond also looks cool and is thematic)

A good, smart team! This was on a 7 but the spawns were insanely cranked up and felt harder than some 9s I've done. No spewers but they made up for it with huge numbers of everything else, we'd have 3+ patrols coming at us whenever we stopped with tons of Chargers, Hunters, and plenty of Bile Titans too for fun. Three people without deaths was frankly miraculous and speaks to how well everyone was covering each other especially the guy I accidentally covered with Napalm.

The bread and butter is the Eruptor with liberal use of your incendiary grenades. If you see a patrol, lob a grenade before engaging the largest or most dangerous target with your Eruptor. It'll destroy anything smaller than a Charger and pairs well with incendiary grenades and the laser dog to quickly wipe patrols. Bug breaches? poo poo, I look forward to them with this as it's a chance to run up a new high score. As soon as you see the warning get your Eagle Napalm ready to go and throw it on top of (ideally) or in front of the breach as soon as it opens. Fire into the breach with the Eruptor, and combined with the napalm enjoy your 20-40+ killstreaks. Charger shows up? gently caress yeah, that's when Mr. Flamethrower comes out to party. If possible, try to run up on it when it pops out of the breach so you can hose its leg with flame while also giving some extra crispiness to the other bugs popping out with it. Bile Titans require you to be good with the 500kg, but the Eruptor (and possibly upgraded Flamethrower) can also finish a wounded one off if you graze it.

You can kill everything they throw at you extremely well, it loving owns. Being able to lock down an entire flank with grenades and/or napalm is also extremely helpful to your team when you're getting hit from multiple sides.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

johnny park posted:

I think the mech is fine except for the rocket aiming bugs. It went from my favorite stratagem to the dumpster pile overnight with that change

Yeah no kidding. I took it on a mission last night and then wasted eight loving rockets trying to kill a charger. IDK what even is the point in having a crosshair when the rockets literally never go there. The aiming bugs showed up at the same time they fixed it killing you if you fired while turning right, but there has to be some other solution.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Let it kill you for turning again and revert it to where the rockets actually go where you point them. That feels more important.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Captainicus posted:

The sixth or seventh or eight group with them in a 2 minute span :v:

I roll that +2 grenade armor and with the right toss you can aoe em

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Risky Bisquick posted:

I'm glad they are trying harder missions tbh. The fact they didn't stick the mission out sucks, puts off their learning for a while. If they simply persevere they should sort of figure it out. Bug9 really isn't too bad at all (unless you drop into spores, fog, a heavy nest, and between 2 stalker nests spawning 8 each :suicide:)

I have a story from last night where these 20-30 dudes joined my bug9 blitzfest and stuck it out for 4-5 blitzes in a row eventually getting the hang of it. Granted they needed a short break after the 3rd because of the intensity of the gameplay but I'm sort of proud of these dudes.

:confused: these loadouts idk man

Other pubbie razzing those guys lol
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/NUurW1WQTPisxbhQxJnvAmJ-4RKezFUuQdLeNAoC77E/https/i.imgur.com/JGQKrID.mp4
I mean my story and yours aren’t really the same. Someone under 10 should find enough challenge on hard. Ignoring that they don’t have most stratagems, boosters or weapons they just haven’t played the game that much to help. And this is a multiplayer game so you joining a match affects everyone else on the team. Everyone in your image probably won’t have all the strategems but they should have all the weapons at least.

I’d take a helldiver difficulty where the average level is 55 vs playing an extreme where one person can’t even fill out their stratagems.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ive had real mixed experiences with lower level players. Some of the take mortars that I'm real tempted to shoot as soon as they spawn and refuse to move away from a PoI or objective and instead fight every patrol or breach that comes our way. Some use mortars real well and move around and die less than level 70+ players. They don't need Quasars and mechs to do a good job, sometimes a Punisher and EAT, mortar, and airstrike are all they need.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I mean if you have level 10 guys in your helldive you’re hosting do what you think is right. One guy I played with started at 18 or 19, he did okay after we told him to bring something to deal with hunters specifically, and to continuously run away from breaches

E: this isn’t to say the first game wasn’t rough as hell, but we have to help these guys to helldive. My issue is the guys who join, die 3 times and leave which is a lot of the players.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 21, 2024

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wish player levels were an indication of familiarity or skill with the higher levels but that really isn't the case. I've played with plenty of level 50+s who will do dumb stuff like take potshots at patrols, pick up and not consolidate samples, bring quasars and shoot at single devastators and never shoot down a drop ship, etc.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Before they raised the level cap, level 50s were almost guaranteed to be the worst players in the match every time, because the only people at that level were people who spent all their time farming eradicates instead of playing the 'real' mission types.

As someone who is Good At Video Games and can generally jump into high difficulty stuff at a low level I'm always ok with low levels in my matchmaking, unless they're constantly teamkilling. Because it's frustrating as hell when people gatekeep you from a difficulty you feel comfortable to doing. You can contribute to any difficulty level even with a few basic guns and stratagems if you're good at the game and know what your priorities should be with the unlocks you have, like focusing on taking down smaller swarms if you haven't unlocked good AT options.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 21, 2024

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

When I was unlocking the difficulty levels, on Suicide Mission and Impossible, I was maybe level 23 with level 75s and 100s and I could almost feel the doubt from them. But I know how to play, so I would back them up and support them as much as I could so they always ended but being super cool helpful after they found out I wasn't a boat anchor.

Lately, my favorite play style is to take a Breaker or Breaker Incendiary (bots or bugs), Auto Cannon, and ship Railgun Strike lag a little behind, and use the AC to bail people out if they get in trouble. Nothing else like the feeling of seeing a team mate 100 yards away running from a mob of warrior bugs, when all of the sudden BOOM the bugs explode in a shower of goo and they spin around looking like WTF. :sicknasty: :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Low level guys always welcome. The failure mode if they’re bad is they cause lots of breeches/drops, so I just play away from them and enjoy a round where I don’t encounter many enemies. If you’ve gotta reinforce them you know, use discretion and throw them towards where you’re going or not towards it.