Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Double Down and Fateful Findings really deserve their own Spotlight Episodes, especially since the former was covered in a now memory-holed episode that featured that sex pest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

colonelwest posted:

Double Down and Fateful Findings really deserve their own Spotlight Episodes, especially since the former was covered in a now memory-holed episode that featured that sex pest.

But Rich was still in this one?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Say what you will about the boys, their purple hands, their adult swim foibles, and etc, but I think they have always had a good sense of breen timing. They know how to not overdo it with breen, better than breen himself

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah this basically summarizes with "its a spotlight of the diminished end of a career rather than the peak"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my partner took me to a screening of the big lebowski at the alamo for my birthday. it owned

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

kalel posted:

my partner took me to a screening of the big lebowski at the alamo for my birthday. it owned

thats seriously cool. happy birthday

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

yes. watch often for happy life

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

We need a reverse :sever: that says "marry"

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Kingo Ligma posted:

We need a reverse :sever: that says "marry"

:marriage: is closest

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cade was absolutely Breen finally jumping in the shark and becoming way too aware of his meme status, there are way too many moments of winking at the audience + I felt a lot of indescribably dumb poo poo was done more so on purpose than genuinely. The gulf between even Twisted Pair and this is extremely wide, but it’s even wider comparing something like Pass Thru or Double Down.

I still thought it was a hilarious entertaining mess and had a blast watching it at Alamo last year but I fully expect his next movie to be too self aware to be as funny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cade peaks early with Breen getting hit by a van and then the battle with the CGI tiger. After that it repeats itself about three times before finally ending four hours later.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Late night with the devil really sucked out loud. Maybe I just didn't get the tone it was going for, whatever tone that would be? I dunno.

I did like the costumes though

Edit: if it didn't have that narration at the beginning spelling out what was going to happen in the end I think it would have been slightly better? There was no atmosphere or anything to speak of

Maybe this is just another paranormal activity situation where everybody loves it but me

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 21, 2024

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sex Farm posted:

Late night with the devil really sucked out loud. Maybe I just didn't get the tone it was going for, whatever tone that would be? I dunno.

I liked it, but it felt like a extra long segment from one of the VHS movies.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

kalel posted:

break up quit your job and start squatting there, become the phantom of the alamo

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Vakal posted:

I liked it, but it felt like a extra long segment from one of the VHS movies.

Yeah like if it was a creepshow short I would have been totally fine with it. But I think the creepshow reboot did do that with ted raimi already? The one where the deadites come to the public access station and army vet not Bob ross fights them?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Thanks a lot RLM. Now my kid's phone background is Neil Breen thanks to that dance number.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Sex Farm posted:

Edit: if it didn't have that narration at the beginning spelling out what was going to happen in the end I think it would have been slightly better? There was no atmosphere or anything to speak of

Maybe this is just another paranormal activity situation where everybody loves it but me

you're right that it sucked. i don't think the narration at the beginning was a mistake though, in fact i thought the first act was very well done and it was believable as a 70s talk show. the real problems with the movie are that the backstage scenes (why are they in black and white?) were completely pointless and destroyed the tension of whether it was supposed to be a hoax, and that we're supposed to care about the emotional journey of the host to the point where we follow his perspective instead of the studio cameras. it's a cinematic recreation of ghostwatch that's somehow even lamer and misses the point of what made it so good

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Pac and Cheese posted:

you're right that it sucked. i don't think the narration at the beginning was a mistake though, in fact i thought the first act was very well done and it was believable as a 70s talk show. the real problems with the movie are that the backstage scenes (why are they in black and white?) were completely pointless and destroyed the tension of whether it was supposed to be a hoax, and that we're supposed to care about the emotional journey of the host to the point where we follow his perspective instead of the studio cameras. it's a cinematic recreation of ghostwatch that's somehow even lamer and misses the point of what made it so good

Yeah I did enjoy the first act, but I still disagree about the narration. I don't see what it added at all. It was tied directly into the "framing" of it as found footage so maybe I was just extra hard on it?

I think the teenage girl who is probably an actress in her mid 20s did a pretty good job though

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ah dang I was looking forward to that, I like David Dastmalchian a lot.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

priznat posted:

Ah dang I was looking forward to that, I like David Dastmalchian a lot.

He was pretty good in it, wish the role itself had more meat on its bones though. Same could be said about the movie, I my guess

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

the movie has issues and it's a little frustrating because it could have easily been much better, but I still had fun with it

someone should really make a cut that's just the talk show segments, would be a fun little 45 minute short

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pac and Cheese posted:

break up quit your job and start squatting there, become the phantom of the alamo

god I loving wish

kalel fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 21, 2024

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Frank Frank posted:

Thanks a lot RLM. Now my kid's phone background is Neil Breen thanks to that dance number.

Red Letter Media 2024: Thanks RLM, now my kid's phone background is Neil Breen

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I guess you could say you can now keep your eyes on Breen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kalel posted:

"Look, just stay away from my loving lady friend."
"Hey, I'm not messing with your special lady."
"She's not my special lady, she's my loving lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man!"

Sex Farm posted:

I watched it yesterday and didn't like it either. I'd heard about the inclusion of AI art in it beforehand, and that really turned me off a lot, but it wasn't even a good movie besides all that.

I know it won't, but I hope AI art dies. Pay real artists to do real work goddamnit!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6mt2ptFmM

A no-prize to anyone who can guess the significance of this video.

It's the last time RLM released a video with less views than the Spitballs: Pong video.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

You made the first one B&W but had the same pic repeated. Stop messing with us.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xst7GbF22t0&t=718s

This guy has 3x the views of our boy's Andor review. He gives it a lukewarm review. Accepts that it's decently made, but "slow and boring", they were stretching it out with filler to reach 12 episodes, and none of the characters were interesting. He really wanted it to tie back into the prequel movies and get some Jedi in there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The only thing worse than star wars is people who still watch stars wars is worse than people who review star wars is worse than people who watch star wars reviews.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

This guy has 3x the views of our boy's Andor review. He gives it a lukewarm review. Accepts that it's decently made, but "slow and boring", they were stretching it out with filler to reach 12 episodes, and none of the characters were interesting. He really wanted it to tie back into the prequel movies and get some Jedi in there.

People are dumb as hell, this no surprise.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

poisonpill posted:

This guy is a huge piece of poo poo right wing idiot.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
here's some quality content by an actually worthwhile creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc90wQLq2gg

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Star Wars?

Did somebody say

Star Wars?!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I’ve heard of a butt chin before but that guys the first time I’ve seen a butthole chin.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kit Fisto's Underwater Adventures

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

This guy is a huge piece of poo poo right wing idiot.

Turn on ur monitor.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zero interest in ever caring about the opinions of “Star Wars Theory” lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

my god he’s like a roofie with eyeballs

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

DLC Inc posted:

Cade was absolutely Breen finally jumping in the shark and becoming way too aware of his meme status, there are way too many moments of winking at the audience + I felt a lot of indescribably dumb poo poo was done more so on purpose than genuinely. The gulf between even Twisted Pair and this is extremely wide, but it’s even wider comparing something like Pass Thru or Double Down.

I still thought it was a hilarious entertaining mess and had a blast watching it at Alamo last year but I fully expect his next movie to be too self aware to be as funny.

when i saw twisted pair in at my local repertory, the owner gave a little intro speech and said that breen was sincere but definitely aware of that his audience was laughing, saying something to the effect of "he told me he doesn't mind if people laugh at the effects as long as we're open to the message." he had also asked for a whole bunch of rules to turn the showing into a one-off special event

tortured crossing definitely feels like he's leaning into that self awareness in the effects and action, but there's still so much boring, repetitive, self-serious nonsense that it still feels like he's trying to say ... something?! and just wound up being the worst of both worlds for me, because effects stuff is fun at the start but rapidly wears out it's welcome leaving the whole thing to turn into a slog.

admittedly, the difference in audience probably shaped my experience and subsequent attitude towards the movie a lot, too. mike's slide-whistle story rang very true. twisted pair was the good even when it had rowdy moments, because we we all laughing and commenting together. tortured crossing, on the other hand, lived up to it's name. just constant idiot noise from a bunch of assholes who were no where near as funny as they thought they were, with one of the absolute worst offenders just a couple of seats back and to the right of me. i also remember they played it multiple times, which probably contributed to why it didn't have the same sort of "event" feel.

same thing happened between my two viewings of the room, now that i think about it, but at least tommy wiseau gave me five while i was waiting in line for the second.

at least the members-only late night secret shows have always been good.

Dr. Thoss fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

poisonpill posted:

we sacrificed J*nny for this