Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

wizard2 posted:

Ive missed this so far, but according to BG3 Wiki, (yes, thats right.... 🤓) Tav DOES exist in the plot!

as an easily felled victim of the Dark Urge prior to the events of the game :rip:

IIRC (at least when not playing Durge) there is a dead white draconian character by Orin's chambers that matches the appearance of the default Durge character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Shellception posted:

IIRC (at least when not playing Durge) there is a dead white draconian character by Orin's chambers that matches the appearance of the default Durge character.

you do indeed RC

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alan Smithee posted:

so I haven't actually played it but was looking for reference videos that had characters doing the magic animations in closeup or full profile (as opposed to top down)

this thumbnail for instancem is it from a specific cutscene? It's misleading since the video doesnt really talk about it

It just looks like your typical Speak With Dead cutaway with Shadowheart using the hotgirl underwear mods everybody likes to use.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Alan Smithee posted:

so I haven't actually played it but was looking for reference videos that had characters doing the magic animations in closeup or full profile (as opposed to top down)

this thumbnail for instancem is it from a specific cutscene? It's misleading since the video doesnt really talk about it

Speak to the Dead maybe?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
It is time I learn:

How do I steal from vendors on Steam Deck/Console UI?

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

wizard2 posted:

It is time I learn:

How do I steal from vendors on Steam Deck/Console UI?

Stand behind them (out of sight) - hide - a prompt appears to press button (X on PS5) to pickpocket - don't get caught

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

wizard2 posted:

Ive missed this so far, but according to BG3 Wiki, (yes, thats right.... 🤓) Tav DOES exist in the plot!

as an easily felled victim of the Dark Urge prior to the events of the game :rip:

IF you play as Tav Durge makes it to Balder's Gate and gets killed by Orin. So, touche.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

wizard2 posted:

I'm curious as to where this specific tidbit comes from, I poke through that wiki a fair bit.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I finally tried pickpocketing Withers on my bard but couldn’t do it after like 20 tries. Then I tried it on astarion and the pickpocket option was gone :(

Withers give me my money back!!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The difficulty depends on the value of the item being stolen (in this case, the amount of gold in the stack) so it's way easier to do it immediately after paying him than it is to let him save up a stockpile.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

BlazetheInferno posted:

I'm curious as to where this specific tidbit comes from, I poke through that wiki a fair bit.

having trouble sourcing it on BG3 Wiki now, so I dont know how canon it was? but it had something to do with the Blood In Baldur's Gate webthing, I guess, which Fandom kindly preserved a crude copy/paste for us elsewhere:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Tav

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Beaten the game recently and now my husband has been hogging the PC for like 2 days straight repalying it. Happy that he found more games that interest him after Bioware went tits up.
That said, I know people dislike Act 3, even mentioning it here recently, and why so? I found it to be the best with the amount of content and intetesting fights (which I admittedly sucked at even on easy because while my mind can handle hard platforming and action, I suck at tactics).

Also lol at Gortash being described as a handsome young man when you see a vision of the three baddies.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Clarste posted:

The difficulty depends on the value of the item being stolen (in this case, the amount of gold in the stack) so it's way easier to do it immediately after paying him than it is to let him save up a stockpile.

But you need to give him more money to have the pickpocket option right? Crap I guess I need to give him more gold and have an even harder time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

what the hell, if you open party tab on a summon you can drink potions and elixirs? i should've been hoarding more vigilance elixirs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gently caress.

I just realized that since they have confirmed to not work on any more narrative content that they probably never fix killing Gortash early breaking half the Act 3.
And I thought I was so cool for managing to assassinate him on Tactician on my first run.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

wizard2 posted:

having trouble sourcing it on BG3 Wiki now, so I dont know how canon it was? but it had something to do with the Blood In Baldur's Gate webthing, I guess, which Fandom kindly preserved a crude copy/paste for us elsewhere:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Tav

Interesting. I guess they interpreted Tav and the "detective" from the Blood In Baldur's Gate ARG as being the same character, though I don't know how canon that is. Especially considering the ARG takes place 15 years before BG3.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Node posted:

the game lets me prepare a complete, healthy, balanced, customized meal every time I want to rest.

Yeah the beer options were great!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Zodium posted:

what the hell, if you open party tab on a summon you can drink potions and elixirs? i should've been hoarding more vigilance elixirs.

See invisibility is good for finesse attackers since it’s a free ambush check. Cloud Giant on the Myrmidon or Deva for slightly bigger number. Colossus is funny to use on Shovel. Arcane Trickster Mage Hand + Cloud Giant for an invisible free shove. Hope + Cloud Giant just because. Noblestalk cures duke Ravenguard and is capable of using scrolls this way as well

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Black Noise posted:

Noblestalk cures duke Ravenguard and is capable of using scrolls this way as well

if you mean Him getting stunned if you try to save him after breaking Wyll's Pact, I honestly just walk him out of his prison, trigger the scene, then have whoever's over there use a Dimension Door scroll to get him away from the danger. I hoard scrolls like a Dragon, so I had like... 12 of the drat things by the time I went into the Iron Throne in my last game.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Yeah but I was speaking in reference to weird things that you could do with summons / temporary party members in that menu.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I started an honor mode run with the goal of cheesing it to get that gold die. It's a lot of fun so far, and stressful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HhiUZcQ1gXjvsaJSpvccG_0Jm0fn7lgYaOYdQxuWSQs/

I'm using the Balanced Defence party build on the Powerful tab. The sword bard is my Durge, Shadowheart is the cleric, Astarion the monk (for late game reasons), and Minthara or Lae'zel will probably be the Sorcadin, it doesn't really matter I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LifeLynx posted:

I started an honor mode run with the goal of cheesing it to get that gold die. It's a lot of fun so far, and stressful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HhiUZcQ1gXjvsaJSpvccG_0Jm0fn7lgYaOYdQxuWSQs/

I'm using the Balanced Defence party build on the Powerful tab. The sword bard is my Durge, Shadowheart is the cleric, Astarion the monk (for late game reasons), and Minthara or Lae'zel will probably be the Sorcadin, it doesn't really matter I guess.

Pshaw if you want to CHEESE it you just use someone else's save, you're still putting in the work

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Pshaw if you want to CHEESE it you just use someone else's save, you're still putting in the work

It's still fun for me though. I beat the game twice, now I want to min-max my way through it once.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlazetheInferno posted:

Bless whoever made the main BG3 wiki. It’s literally the one bastion of good reliable content. Everything else is Extremely 2024 garbage that exists only to serve ads, shoveled out by people who haven’t played the game and/or AI copy pasting each other.

I will grudgingly admit Reddit has been useful too although it’s very hit and miss.

Thank you for coming to my old man yells at cloud TED talk.

Snowy posted:

I finally tried pickpocketing Withers on my bard but couldn’t do it after like 20 tries. Then I tried it on astarion and the pickpocket option was gone :(

Withers give me my money back!!

There aren’t really prerequisites to stealing other than being hidden. If you don’t even have the option try toggling hide off and on a few times and make sure you’re behind Withers? Or like leave camp and come back? Sometimes the game just glitches out, last night one of my characters was reusing to jump until I clicked onto someone else and clicked back (and changed nothing else; they weren’t encumbered or anything) :iiam:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Black Noise posted:

Noblestalk cures duke Ravenguard and is capable of using scrolls this way as well

decided to try this out immediately. had scratch drink a flying potion before leaving the sub, then a potion of speed once we got started, then had ravengard use a noblestalk and potion of speed when I freed him. saved them all with 2 turns to spare. i did spec back to barbarian for it but still unbelievable lol

Zodium fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 21, 2024

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

BlazetheInferno posted:

Interesting. I guess they interpreted Tav and the "detective" from the Blood In Baldur's Gate ARG as being the same character, though I don't know how canon that is. Especially considering the ARG takes place 15 years before BG3.

The detective was named Tav in the ARG, so canonically there was a detective named Tav who Durge murdered. The default custom character in BG3's name is also Tav but they aren't the same character. If you pick that name it's just a coincidence that they have the same name.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I just made Karlach a throwzerker for the first time and dear god this game just got so much easier.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

SlothBear posted:

I just made Karlach a throwzerker for the first time and dear god this game just got so much easier.

best Thrown Weapons Build in an RPG, in my Gamer opinion

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Alan Smithee posted:

It kind of looks like Shadowheart is doing the animation for casting speak with dead. The thumbnail has caught her in a blink so the glowing green eyes don't appear, and I dunno if it's true of this thumbnail but quite a few of the thumbnails in that style use modded outfits.

EDIT: Whoops new page!

Well, in other news, I'm trying out something I'm pretty sure won't make a difference. Act 3 spoilers I've used enhanced leap to skip past the interaction with Yenna at the start of rivington, and I'm going to avoid her all the way until the sewers and have all three kidnap targets in my party. I expect it'll still default to Yenna but I'm curious if it'll give me options to say "who the gently caress is Yenna" when Orin shows up.

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 21, 2024

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
re: that Act 3 character Ive seen a few people itt resolve the kidnapping in a way where Yenna ends up merely being some weird tagalong kid who is VERY proud of having her own pairing knife, and it happened to me too the first time I beat the game! I was very proud

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Vookatos posted:

Beaten the game recently and now my husband has been hogging the PC for like 2 days straight repalying it. Happy that he found more games that interest him after Bioware went tits up.
That said, I know people dislike Act 3, even mentioning it here recently, and why so? I found it to be the best with the amount of content and intetesting fights (which I admittedly sucked at even on easy because while my mind can handle hard platforming and action, I suck at tactics).

Also lol at Gortash being described as a handsome young man when you see a vision of the three baddies.

apparently the guy who wrote that line hadnt seen gortash's concept art at the time lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

cuntman.net posted:

apparently the guy who wrote that line hadnt seen gortash's concept art at the time lol

If the chosen of the god of tyranny says he is handsome, you say he is handsome and nod along.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

wizard2 posted:

re: that Act 3 character Ive seen a few people itt resolve the kidnapping in a way where Yenna ends up merely being some weird tagalong kid who is VERY proud of having her own pairing knife, and it happened to me too the first time I beat the game! I was very proud

I believe that on release at least Yenna would vanish from camp if you bypassed the camp event by not resting outside the city between Gortash's warning and entering the sewers. So you'd get Gortash's warning, enter Baldur's Gate, rest up in the inn, then head for the sewers and discover Halsin (or whoever) has been kidnapped and oh look, the weird kid who the game forced on you with the strongest possible "I'm the shapeshifting villain" energy imaginable is suddenly missing, I wonder why. So a lot of people (me included) just assumed she was Orin all along. Apparently though the disappearance was a bug and that was never an intended outcome? I've heard that now she only disappears if she's the actual kidnap target.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

wizard2 posted:

this has happened on all my playthroughs. apparently there's a way to get her to sell soup, but i haven't figured it out. also haven't really cared to try.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

EorayMel posted:

If the chosen of the god of tyranny says he is handsome, you say he is handsome and nod along.

Unless you give him five bucks worth of meth, at which point he'll let you call him whatever you want.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

It's weird to me that everyone in camp is just like "sweet, free street urchin" and moves on with their lives. Who knows how packed that camp could have gotten if the citizens of Faerûn knew they could just show up with a paring knife and no one would care.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

SlothBear posted:

Yeah it’s OP as hell and brain dead easy, it owns. There’s a bunch of good throwing specific gear you can get right away too. I have a very hard time ever removing her from the party (also cause Karlach rules). Act 1 gets a lot easier as soon as you pick her up.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
how the heck do you keep nere alive?

ive tried five times and every single time he gets blooted into the magma

is it even worth keeping him alive?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i kill his rear end every time. he drops stuff though so i don't want him in the lava either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Eau de MacGowan posted:

how the heck do you keep nere alive?

ive tried five times and every single time he gets blooted into the magma

is it even worth keeping him alive?

You just kind of draw the Duegar's attention away from the magma and shut down the threats in priority with debuffs, death. As for keeping him alive? Is it worth it? No. Not particularly..but you DEFINITELY want his boots and possibly severed head as well, so try to keep him nearby.

Interestingly, it was revealed recently that Nere was originally intended to be a joinable Companion character, but most of his material was scrapped over the course of Early Access, which is why there's such a seemingly big production around him.