Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
And it's a thumb injury, so who knows how he'll be when he gets back. :(

Right now Fangraphs have the Mets projected to play .500 ball the rest of the season and finish 83-79. That'd put them 1 game back of the second wild card spot Brewers at 84-78. I would take a wildcard chase through the final series of the season in a heartbeat considering what I was expecting and what last year was like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Orioles need a starting pitcher and have prospects to burn, who's on the block?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The entire starting* infield for the Red Sox is currently injured, that's fun.

* this assumes Vaughn Grissom would've won the starting 2b job if he hadn't missed all of spring training with whatever his injury was.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

AndrewP posted:

The Orioles need a starting pitcher and have prospects to burn, who's on the block?

Might I interest you in one (1) Jameson Taillon

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

habeasdorkus posted:

I've been saying they're gonna be the second wildcard for weeks now! Weeks! Well, maybe a week and a half. They're not beating total jabronis, either. They've taken a series from the Dodgers and a series from the Braves. If Kodai Senga isn't dead maybe they have enough pitching to keep them in it, though I'm not expecting more than one of Manaea, Severino, and Houser to be Taijuan Walker level actually good. The lineup should hit, tho, especially if Baty is actually a MLB quality bat.

Taijuan Walker isnt very good atm

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I meant the "reclamation project that actually works out well" aspect from his time with the Mets

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Alek Manoah ?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bregor posted:

Might I interest you in one (1) Jameson Taillon

I am not willing to give up any halfway-decent pitcher at this point. Even Taillon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

The entire starting* infield for the Red Sox is currently injured, that's fun.

* this assumes Vaughn Grissom would've won the starting 2b job if he hadn't missed all of spring training with whatever his injury was.

Better than your entire rotation six deep

https://twitter.com/matthewkawahara/status/1782083745673105880

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
The Yankees are such a tacky organization

https://twitter.com/talkinyanks/status/1781730096430084164

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I was at yesterday's Tigers-Twins game! And with fantastic seats, too!

Twins won! I would very much like them to keep doing that. More impressive to me is that the Twins both played a bunch of small-ball, with two sac flies and a bunch of good basepaths work, and also struck out only six times!

Granted, some of the win was down to the Tigers' Torkelson making some... plays, but Kirilloff bobbled one as well and the bullpen gave up two runs to basically balance that out later on. Fortunately Bailey Ober had an extremely good day and Griffin Jax wanted it.

Was a ton of fun and I may yet be back for another game this year. In conclusion, drive the Pohlads into the frozen wastes and let them never be seen again by the eyes of man, but the Twins players can stay.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://x.com/Cubs/status/1782103969382195551

I love him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s fun that the worst Yankee fans have not only come out in full force already but that they’ve added a weird obsessive cult of personality around Soto where anything good that happens is directly thanks to him. Fun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This is great. Teams and players interacting with fans in fun ways is something that needs to happen way more often than it does these days.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

It’s fun that the worst Yankee fans have not only come out in full force already but that they’ve added a weird obsessive cult of personality around Soto where anything good that happens is directly thanks to him. Fun.

lol do you watch the games? he's the only yankee hitter who has been good all season.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

STAC Goat posted:

Soto, Volpe and Oswaldo are the only hitters who have done anything

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

My bother in christ. People who are pissed about the lovely yankee offense aren't just making it up!! They are like 16th in the majors in runs and that is WITH soto playing great. Without him they would be in last place.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
FACT CHECK: Soto has been credited with 12 runs created, which if replaced with someone who created 2 runs would drop the Yankees from tied for 15th/16th in runs to 21st.

You're going to say you meant last place in the division, which, maybe, given that it's only 2.5 games separating first place (currently the... (checks notes)... Yankees!?) from last place in the AL East.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

FACT CHECK: Soto has been credited with 12 runs created, which if replaced with someone who created 2 runs would drop the Yankees from tied for 15th/16th in runs to 21st.

I meant last place in the division... either way i'm not sure why it's a controversial statement that the yankee offense other than soto has been complete poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sending an intern to Best Buy 2 hours before the game to grab a tv. Super sweet gesture.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RCarr posted:

Sending an intern to Best Buy 2 hours before the game to grab a tv. Super sweet gesture.

It's actually worse than that. There is no way the Yankees paid for the TV even because they announced LG as a yankee sponsor before they gave it to him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/nickpiecoro/status/1782113306515574906

The year all the pitchers died.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mcmagic posted:

I meant last place in the division... either way i'm not sure why it's a controversial statement that the yankee offense other than soto has been complete poo poo.

Six days ago...

mcmagic posted:

I have been higher on the Yankees this year than most other Yankee posters! My Gleyber Torres hate is well documented though.

:thunk:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Timby posted:

Six days ago...

:thunk:

No inconsistency there. I said I still think the Yankees will make the playoffs. They have also been highly disappointing offensively.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Can I get a "gently caress the Yankees"???

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

E: woops

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

always

gently caress THE YANKEES

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Sideways, with a poleaxe

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

HahahahahaaahHhhhhhAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Some Numbers posted:

always

gently caress THE YANKEES

:hmmyes:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

This isn't just a bad April start anymore. Kyle Hendricks is cooked and it's time for the Cubs to cut ties with him. He has no movement on anything anymore.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I doubt they're gonna "cut ties" but I would not be surprised to see him eat a phantom IL stint once Steele is back to go hang out in Arizona for a few weeks and try to see if he can figure something out. Definitely an issue though that there are multiple guys lined up to take his place who are younger/better and Kyle doesn't really profile at all out of the pen.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Timby posted:

This isn't just a bad April start anymore. Kyle Hendricks is cooked and it's time for the Cubs to cut ties with him. He has no movement on anything anymore.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1782117837533765688

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

either automate balls and strikes or take away the "K-Zone", I'm tired of baseball being me pissed at an ump for three hours every day

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Good God, that just got golfed completely out of the park.

And that's illustrative of what I was saying, no movement. You aren't fooling anyone with an 88mph fastball that is completely flat, that's going to get ripped deep all day long.

And I agree, Sydin, that Kyle's stuff doesn't work out of the pen; he doesn't have the stuff to relieve. But it's clear his shoulder is still bothering him and his mechanics are completely turbo-hosed.

I mean, it would suck to say goodbye to the last remaining piece from the 2016 team, but Hendricks' success has always been based upon pitches with lots of movement that get a ton of soft contact, and he just can't hide anything anymore.

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 21, 2024

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Sure, why not? It would be better for the Astros to completely flame out before the ASB and start the soft rebuild instead of trying to hang on with no farm.

We’ll have to give it a couple more months for a final diagnosis, but it’s looking like the wheels were starting to come off with last years drop off, but it was masked by a good postseason run.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The 2023 Chicago White Sox might be the worst baseball team I've ever seen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cubs could only manage a series split against my lovely Marlins.

Sad!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Cardinals shutout again, very cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cubs could only manage a series split against my lovely Marlins.

Sad!

Frantically points at the other Chicago baseball team