Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Neil Breen obviously sees the suffering and inequality wrought upon us by capitalism and corporate exploitation. In his earlier films, he explored this struggle and his desire to make the world a better place through direct power fantasy ("I have eliminated 300,000,000 humans from the planet today! They were harmful to other humans!")

In Twisted Pair, I think the boys are right, that he splits this struggle and desire into a literal split personality. Cade is the righteous protector and his only predatory act is revealed as playful and consensual. He destroys the tools of the corruptors and tries to destabilize the greater conspiracy. Cale continues down the path of direct action, kidnapping and torturing minor corrupt officials, but that only leads to his own corruption.

In The Tortured Crossing, Cade continues as a benefactor, financially supporting a mental health hospital and acting as literal super hero, and is outraged when it is revealed that the hospital is still plagued with corruption. Cale, meanwhile, has completely succumbed to his own corruption, now needing to prey on the patients at the hospital for their genetic material as his own physical form deteriorates.

Breen's message in Tortured Crossing has evolved from "I am the savior that will protect you" to "you must rise up and protect yourself." His effort to support the hospital was corrupted after his involvement, but he teaches the patients to fight for themselves, and they do. He mercy kills Cale, the embodiment of his dark twin savior complex and passes the torch of fighting corruption directly to his audience.

The movie itself is overlong and could probably be cut by 50%, because really it's just a post-script to the Cale/Cade dichotomy, made up of leftover scraps from Twisted Pair. It could have been more compelling if we followed Cale in his descent towards inevitable demise, as it is in fact Cale making the titular Tortured Crossing and not Cade.

Cale may not be able to save us, but he will "be right here," in our hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

First of May posted:

Neil Breen obviously sees the suffering and inequality wrought upon us by capitalism and corporate exploitation. In his earlier films, he explored this struggle and his desire to make the world a better place through direct power fantasy ("I have eliminated 300,000,000 humans from the planet today! They were harmful to other humans!")

In Twisted Pair, I think the boys are right, that he splits this struggle and desire into a literal split personality. Cade is the righteous protector and his only predatory act is revealed as playful and consensual. He destroys the tools of the corruptors and tries to destabilize the greater conspiracy. Cale continues down the path of direct action, kidnapping and torturing minor corrupt officials, but that only leads to his own corruption.

In The Tortured Crossing, Cade continues as a benefactor, financially supporting a mental health hospital and acting as literal super hero, and is outraged when it is revealed that the hospital is still plagued with corruption. Cale, meanwhile, has completely succumbed to his own corruption, now needing to prey on the patients at the hospital for their genetic material as his own physical form deteriorates.

Breen's message in Tortured Crossing has evolved from "I am the savior that will protect you" to "you must rise up and protect yourself." His effort to support the hospital was corrupted after his involvement, but he teaches the patients to fight for themselves, and they do. He mercy kills Cale, the embodiment of his dark twin savior complex and passes the torch of fighting corruption directly to his audience.

The movie itself is overlong and could probably be cut by 50%, because really it's just a post-script to the Cale/Cade dichotomy, made up of leftover scraps from Twisted Pair. It could have been more compelling if we followed Cale in his descent towards inevitable demise, as it is in fact Cale making the titular Tortured Crossing and not Cade.

this is such a powerful interpretation. im crying

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

First of May posted:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

we sacrificed J*nny for this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

poisonpill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xst7GbF22t0&t=718s

This guy has 3x the views of our boy's Andor review. He gives it a lukewarm review. Accepts that it's decently made, but "slow and boring", they were stretching it out with filler to reach 12 episodes, and none of the characters were interesting. He really wanted it to tie back into the prequel movies and get some Jedi in there.

We loving banned X JAKK for this?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D--yrrQrCoo

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mega64 posted:

We loving banned X JAKK for this?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I thought x jakk made a sad boy banme? Did the thread cast him out

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sex Farm posted:

First the latter, then the former

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I watched Dirty Work last night on Laff. Awful movie, funny scenes and great guest appearances.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sex Farm posted:

He wasn’t cast out. A mod asked him not to promote his stuff in here. Instead of doing that he did the normal thing and made a ‘woe is me’ ban me thread.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

CaptainBeefart posted:

I watched Dirty Work last night on Laff. Awful movie, funny scenes and great guest appearances.

christ this movie is 26 yrs old. its classic norm but yeah some of those jokes do not play anymore nor did they ever i guess. still a pretty funny movie

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would self immolate in a heartbeat to bring x jakk back from youtube nirvana into the poo poo with the rest of us. Hell any reasonable person would

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Hackers film 1995 posted:

christ this movie is 26 yrs old. its classic norm but yeah some of those jokes do not play anymore nor did they ever i guess. still a pretty funny movie

The 'tossed into a dumpster' and 'tossed out a window' scenes are still great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would self immolate in a heartbeat to bring x jakk back from youtube nirvana into the poo poo with the rest of us. Hell any reasonable person would

you gotta stop settin yourself on fire brother. x jakk if you're reading this do a video addressing the points that guy who set himself on fire in NY made in his manifesto about the Simpsons

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wherever X jakk is I hope he’s happy and living his best life :unsmith:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

xjakk is flaily his arms wildly (dancing) in a closed up storefront in my heart

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

dang, now I realize who the guy who lit himself on fire in Manhattan outside the trump trial reminds me of.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is xjakk's mother and I won't let him out of his lair in the basement until he stops watching cartoons and agrees to take out the trash

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

CaptainBeefart posted:

https://youtu.be/3jluTLx9Kuc?si=FGpB8kSIecPjnwM4

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

they nearly killed Don Rickles with this

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

can someone remind me which video has that super short auction tape

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Jon Irenicus posted:

can someone remind me which video has that super short auction tape

That's the last Junka with Milwaukee Culkin

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

saw the good the bad and the ugly at the alamo

after seeing the greatest comedy of all time, part 2 of birthday weekend is seeing the greatest "western" of all time ("western" in quotes because insert explanation here). I've actually never watched the third part of the dollars "trilogy" before ("trilogy" in quotes because insert explanation here 2), I watched the first two about a year apart in college and just never got around the last. I agree with jay/colin that this is the best one, although the hat shooting scene in for a few dollars more is one of my favorites in any movie of any genre ever filmed. eli wallach and lee van cleef give amazing performances, every shot where the frame is filled with one of their faces is a whole scene unto itself

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

kalel posted:

drat man you’re putting Tim League’s kids through college

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

KakerMix posted:

Star Wars?

Did somebody say

Star Wars?!

The fan SW4K restoration project just dropped v1 of the Empire resto after working on it for years, lot of film grain in there so probably best on a projector; they will no doubt follow the ANH and Jedi releases and put out a DNR version sometime soon.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

cant remember if ive posted about this before but its my 2nd run through of the Warrior tv show about san fran’s chinatown in the 19th century and it is just so good. i had only watched the 1st two seasons created by skinemax, but the 3rd season made by hbo is just as good so far. the sets are great, the acting is good to great, and the fight choreography is easily the best ive seen for a tv show. check it out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

First of May posted:

Neil Breen obviously sees the suffering and inequality wrought upon us by capitalism and corporate exploitation.

Oh word? Was it Cade or Cale that bought Breen’s Ferrari?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would self immolate in a heartbeat to bring x jakk back

Start now.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lmao

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

:perfect:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Still watching that Constellation show on AppleTV and I still can’t decide if it is worth it, it seems like they’ve done in 7 episodes so far what should really have taken no more than 4.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oops quote is not edit!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Jose Oquendo posted:

He wasn’t cast out. A mod asked him not to promote his stuff in here. Instead of doing that he did the normal thing and made a ‘woe is me’ ban me thread.

I don’t even remember a mod being involved. He just posted early in the morning and a few of the morning crew grumps got upset and were kinda personal in their attacks on him and his content. He’d already auto-banned by the time most of the thread regulars had woken up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

kalel posted:

the good the bad and the ugly

Rich, Jay, Mike

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

reignofevil posted:

This is xjakk's mother and I won't let him out of his lair in the basement until he stops watching cartoons and agrees to take out the trash

Bring him a Pepsi.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kalel posted:

after seeing the greatest comedy of all time, part 2 of birthday weekend is seeing the greatest "western" of all time ("western" in quotes because insert explanation here). I've actually never watched the third part of the dollars "trilogy" before ("trilogy" in quotes because insert explanation here 2), I watched the first two about a year apart in college and just never got around the last. I agree with jay/colin that this is the best one, although the hat shooting scene in for a few dollars more is one of my favorites in any movie of any genre ever filmed. eli wallach and lee van cleef give amazing performances, every shot where the frame is filled with one of their faces is a whole scene unto itself

wow freakin davey crocket over here

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Good the Bad and the Ugly is wayyyyyy better than the other two. Those two aren't even in the same league as it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched the dollars films in reverse order and they're all good and have great climactic endings that are all distinctly different yet in the same wheelhouse.