Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Anti-Hero posted:

Just like the Bears will believe it when they see it r.e. QB, same with Packers D.

Yeah, but sometimes the Packers D is good and they win a Super Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, but sometimes the Packers D is good and they win a Super Bowl.

*Limit 1 per Hall of Fame QB

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Anti-Hero posted:

Just like the Bears will believe it when they see it r.e. QB, same with Packers D.
Ehhh, the Packers have had decent-to-good defenses a few times since most of us have been alive. Da Bears are still waiting for their first QB better than mediocre-but-occasionally-fun. Kind of feels like both of these are going to happen this year.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

*Limit 1 per Hall of Fame QB

and even then, they need a Hall of Fame level defender à la Reggie White or Charles Woodson.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Imagine if Reggie White had a Twitter

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

https://sports.yahoo.com/unexpected-caleb-williams-moment-unfolded-214800754.html

Imagine if he delivers record-breaking seasons.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Canned Sunshine posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/unexpected-caleb-williams-moment-unfolded-214800754.html

Imagine if he delivers league average or slightly better Quarterbacking seasons

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Imagine if Reggie White had a Twitter

It would probably be boring and full of Bible verses

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Truth

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

It would probably be boring and full of Bible verses

Nah, it'd be way worse than that.

He'd be running for governor of North Carolina right now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Reggie White giving a guest sermon at some church and offending everyone with a "Hispanic people pray like this, Asians pray like this" routine was insane.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Henchman of Santa posted:

Reggie White giving a guest sermon at some church and offending everyone with a "Hispanic people pray like this, Asians pray like this" routine was insane.

He literally said that Asian people "could turn a television into a watch."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He literally said that Asian people "could turn a television into a watch."

What does that even mean?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIAPwyVuXI

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TV goes in, watch comes out.
Racism can explain that

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nah, the guy who made that was British

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
https://twitter.com/WesHod/status/1782425322312343939

Brian Gutekunst on the #Packers' league-high 11 draft picks, says he's open to getting even more: "We have 11 right now. I’d love to end up with 13, 14 or more. I’d never shy away from that."

If DeJean isn't available at #25, I actually do expect us to trade down.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

surf rock posted:

https://twitter.com/WesHod/status/1782425322312343939

Brian Gutekunst on the #Packers' league-high 11 draft picks, says he's open to getting even more: "We have 11 right now. I’d love to end up with 13, 14 or more. I’d never shy away from that."

If DeJean isn't available at #25, I actually do expect us to trade down.

Worth noting that it followed this:

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1782424485485834336

Silly season in full swing

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Gutey sure was talking up DeJean a lot :)

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Looks like the McCaskey's will be using that Arlington Heights space to open a Menards instead:

https://twitter.com/kpowell720/status/1782505198889455723

e: Replacing old link

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-will-unveil-plan-for-new-stadium-in-chicago

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 22, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
That abc7 link is to a 5 week old story. Maybe they haven't updated

edit:ok both 720 and 670 talking about this, wow

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 22, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

trevorreznik posted:

Frankly, I don't think the Bears are going to build there but I'm often wrong about things.

Dexo posted:

They are extremely gonna build there lmao.

This was always the only option.

They are just trying to lower the tax rate they pay while building, which they are going to successfully do.

Well, in 2 days I might actually end up being right on this through pure randomness. This is insane. I hate the Bears. I was so excited for Thursday's draft, why are they doing this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if one loving cent of my tax money goes to a stadium for the loving Chicago bears I will lose my mind

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

if one loving cent of my tax money goes to a stadium for the loving Chicago bears I will lose my mind

They're good now. Caleb deserves a dome

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You say that as if you haven't already lost your mind being a fan of the Bears.

Also your tax money has been going to the Bears for probably like 30 plus years now

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I can't believe my tax dollars went to Rod Blagojevich's hair!!!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
The cynical part of me is thinking the Wednesday announcement timing is that they really are going to get a bunch of public money for a stadium. People are going to be pissed for 36 hours and then super excited about Caleb.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

Also your tax money has been going to the Bears for probably like 30 plus years now

And it's been bullshit the entire time. It really felt like public opinion has seriously shifted against public funding for stadiums the last handful of years, but I guess that just isn't enough to stop the grift train.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don’t live in Illinois anymore so I can’t really speak to it, but if I were there, I’d much rather my tax money go to the Bears than, say, the police; the McCaskeys are obviously rich, but they’re incompetent rich I think (?) vs. being evil rich. I’m probably wrong though.

For example, I’m also a AZ Cardinals fan, and gently caress Michael Bidwill forever and always.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

At least the city still owns the stadium instead of just handing a bunch of money straight to billionaires. Although Chicago is great at mismanaging the finances of their stadiums, so maybe we’d be better off just paying the money to the billionaires.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Save Big Money At Chicago Menards

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

HootTheOwl posted:

Midwestern NFL stadiums with domes are coward poo poo

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Just write it into the contract that the dome must be open for at least late regular-season NFC North games. It can be closed for the playoffs :getin:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

surf rock posted:

Yes. Protect our special gay QB

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Canned Sunshine posted:

I don’t live in Illinois anymore so I can’t really speak to it, but if I were there, I’d much rather my tax money go to the Bears than, say, the police; the McCaskeys are obviously rich, but they’re incompetent rich I think (?) vs. being evil rich. I’m probably wrong though.

For example, I’m also a AZ Cardinals fan, and gently caress Michael Bidwill forever and always.

I mean if they say they're gonna take the budget of the CPD and build a stadium with it, that's one thing, but I really do not think that is going to happen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

are they?????????

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Canned Sunshine posted:

Just write it into the contract that the dome must be open for at least late regular-season NFC North games. It can be closed for the playoffs :getin:

That seems fine. You generally wouldn't leave the dome open if the stadium was empty anyway.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Shrimpy posted:

That seems fine. You generally wouldn't leave the dome open if the stadium was empty anyway.

Lol, this took me a second

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes. Protect our special gay QB

Surely the Chicago Park District, guardians of the sacred soldier field grass, would keep Caleb safe in a new dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

surf rock posted:

Some fans at frigid Chiefs playoff game underwent amputations, hospital confirms