Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Burning Man wrote out a grand conspiracy about a cryptocurrency-based NWO because he couldn't parse that everything we're seeing is little more than the natural consequence of assholes accumulating wealth with no regard for anything else. the boy needed more Marx.

yeah he went on some weird pro cop tangents too

just overall a pretty average conspiracy manifesto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Can you prove both parties are corrupt. Do you have video of Democrats looking into the camera and saying "thank you for this bribe"

Snopes rates this FALSE

mags
May 30, 2008

bush-league, really

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

VitalSigns posted:

Can you prove both parties are corrupt. Do you have video of Democrats looking into the camera and saying "thank you for this bribe"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
if you want an actual "awww" moment in american liberal history, the saga of Adams and Jefferson's friendship, then emnity, then in their twilight years friendship again, is quite good

complete with Adams occasionally writing to Jefferson "you know we fought like hell over xyz thing, do you honestly still believe any of what you wrote, because I still think you're wrong" and Jefferson, the significantly better diplomat, responding "look man at this point we are two old men yelling about what we wish would have happened. it doesn't really matter. have you seen the efforts they've made at writing history about us already? nighmares."

there is a line that particularly seems designed to make any historian reading it immediately get a half-chub, where they're discussing "who, then, will write the history of the American Revolution" and the answer they settle on is "none living now, I'll wager. We were there, and still cannot know the half of it."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
And then they raped some slaves.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

"Look, uuhhhh..."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The actual best founding fathers letters are the ones to/from Lafayette, because he was the only actual purestrain believer in liberalism and enlightenment principals so he just kept writing over and over with "hey so when are you guys finally gonna get rid of the whole slaves thing, that's really bad and of course I'm sure you also know it's really bad since we're all such liberal enlightened thinkers, seems totally incongruous with everything we stand for that the US still practices slavery" and then Washington or Adams or whoever would write back really handwringey replies about how "oh yest of course but you see now's just not the time and also you just don't understand kiddo" from their gigantic chattel slave plantations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

VitalSigns posted:

[laughs senator menendezishly]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

loquacius posted:

Lol that "the Dems are corrupt" is a "sinister conspiracy theory"

All the corruption in both political parties in the US is out in the open and obvious. Believing that it's all secret is just what schizophrenia does to a motherfucker.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Actually John Adams never owned slaves, and seemed pretty morally upright for a 1700’s guy. He was probably one of the better founding fathers.

Jefferson was a total monster though. Monticello was basically Craster’s Keep. People would be able to identify his runaway slaves because they looked like him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

VitalSigns posted:

John boner gave out checks on the floor of congress after a anti tobacco bill was defeated
dems got them too

RealityWarCriminal has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Apr 21, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

They were all traitors.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

i did say "american liberal history," yes

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Sydin posted:

The actual best founding fathers letters are the ones to/from Lafayette, because he was the only actual purestrain believer in liberalism and enlightenment principals so he just kept writing over and over with "hey so when are you guys finally gonna get rid of the whole slaves thing, that's really bad and of course I'm sure you also know it's really bad since we're all such liberal enlightened thinkers, seems totally incongruous with everything we stand for that the US still practices slavery" and then Washington or Adams or whoever would write back really handwringey replies about how "oh yest of course but you see now's just not the time and also you just don't understand kiddo" from their gigantic chattel slave plantations.

Adams' position on slavery was a far more recognizably liberal one to us here today: "i hate slavery, i hate slavers, and I agree it's really bad that our best friends and allies are all in on raping the help in the name of producing more of the help. if i had a magic wand i'd wave it and it would be gone but have you considered opposing them would just be really inconvenient for us r/n"

made particularly funny by when the Sally Hemings story breaks, him publicly proclaiming that of course he would never believe such an awful thing about his esteemed opponent Mr. Jefferson, and then privately writing to some friends "oh yeah i don't doubt the story's accuracy for a second. Jefferson kept her around wherever he went."

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

if you want an actual "awww" moment in american liberal history, the saga of Adams and Jefferson's friendship, then emnity, then in their twilight years friendship again, is quite good

complete with Adams occasionally writing to Jefferson "you know we fought like hell over xyz thing, do you honestly still believe any of what you wrote, because I still think you're wrong" and Jefferson, the significantly better diplomat, responding "look man at this point we are two old men yelling about what we wish would have happened. it doesn't really matter. have you seen the efforts they've made at writing history about us already? nighmares."

there is a line that particularly seems designed to make any historian reading it immediately get a half-chub, where they're discussing "who, then, will write the history of the American Revolution" and the answer they settle on is "none living now, I'll wager. We were there, and still cannot know the half of it."

yeowch my balls indeed

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Adams' position on slavery was a far more recognizably liberal one to us here today: "i hate slavery, i hate slavers, and I agree it's really bad that our best friends and allies are all in on raping the help in the name of producing more of the help. if i had a magic wand i'd wave it and it would be gone but have you considered opposing them would just be really inconvenient for us r/n"

made particularly funny by when the Sally Hemings story breaks, him publicly proclaiming that of course he would never believe such an awful thing about his esteemed opponent Mr. Jefferson, and then privately writing to some friends "oh yeah i don't doubt the story's accuracy for a second. Jefferson kept her around wherever he went."

lol figures

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

the Federalists made a campaign song about it for the election, which for some reason Lin-Manuel Miranda didn't work into his fun little musical.

"Yankee doodle, hide the noodle
What wife were half so handy
To breed a crop of slaves for stock
A blackamoor's a dandy!"

can't imagine why

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

super sweet best pal posted:

lmao

tl;dr for those of us who haven't been following his disastrous run as mayor? I seem to recall him being a crypto advocate but that's about it.

Nyc (and state) are swinging hard to the right as is liberal tradition. Adams in particular is a dumbass who clearly just wants to do all the corruptions. Giving friends and family gov positions, contracts. He also said 9/11 was in a way awesome because "only in new york baby"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Actually John Adams never owned slaves, and seemed pretty morally upright for a 1700’s guy. He was probably one of the better founding fathers.

Jefferson was a total monster though. Monticello was basically Craster’s Keep. People would be able to identify his runaway slaves because they looked like him.

UVA continues this proud tradition today

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Still mad about Hamilton's treatment of Adams, truly its greatest crime of all

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember when they changed the name of the Jefferson-Jackson dinner and some of them got renamed the Kennedy-Clinton dinner lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

They were all traitors.

yup

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

to betray the british empire is the highest and most noble cause to which a subject of the british empire can aspire

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1782137357514297699?t=OUnWq2CUY1fbyT4p5WLcrg&s=19

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
White house putting out gaslighting, TJ ducklo esque poo poo calling Columbia students antisemites is a new low.

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1782162999416942653?t=Mib3aEd3bMpf4sf-DufACw&s=19

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The US may sell off all of its energy reserves but rest assured there will always be enough for gaslighting.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Brogeoisie posted:

White house putting out gaslighting, TJ ducklo esque poo poo calling Columbia students antisemites is a new low.

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1782162999416942653?t=Mib3aEd3bMpf4sf-DufACw&s=19

Every President is just another term in the W. Bush administration.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Nichael posted:

Every President is just another term in the W. Bush administration.

what is Biden’s “now watch this drive” moment?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Brogeoisie posted:

How to win back college age adults, Genocide Joe style.

The passion among these students for Palestinians and against Biden is why I truly think Biden might be toast.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Apr 21, 2024

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I had liberal friends freak out when I condemned Zionists outload like I said some other choice slurs

mags
May 30, 2008

Nichael posted:

Every President is just another term in the Reagan administration.

I’d even add that Biden is the worst Reagan yet

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, biden going for the zoomer trifecta this weekend: siccing the feds on weed shops in NM; calling the anti-genociders "terrorists"; and banning tiktok.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, biden going for the zoomer trifecta this weekend: siccing the feds on weed shops in NM; calling the anti-genociders "terrorists"; and banning tiktok.

Generations aren't real

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

She’s Obama’s favourite historian fyi, and he made cabinet decisions based on Team of Rivals.

lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

I had liberal friends freak out when I condemned Zionists outload like I said some other choice slurs

I was out with lib friends the other night who claimed that biden wanted palestinian statehood, 24 hours before the UNSC veto from the u.s.

They went on to kiki about how kimmel owned trump at the oscars & trump farted in court. :suicide:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Generations aren't real

People say this and maybe as technological advancement slows it’ll be more true, but especially in the 80s/90s, the leap between for example the NES to Super Nintendo to GameCube are undeniable

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

what is Biden’s “now watch this drive” moment?

maybe the ice cream with seth myers

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Generations aren't real

I agree but those three policy decisions are toxic to normies regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Generations aren't real

Generations are real. They’re real and your friend.