Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

kirbal orb program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

I think I accidentally stumbled upon an OP build, because focusing on reflections and the scholar's staff just means I can keep hammering upgrades to give me resources to buy more upgrades. If I activate charms to boost the resources I'm getting by buying upgrades it gets even crazier.
As a result some of my resources are completely unbalanced, I can't spend them fast enough.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gonna ponder my orb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

just beware the orb doesn't ponder you

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i was gonna wait to buy the i love katamari remake on steam instead of switch but its on sale for $9 on switch rn and i got a $20 gift card from work that i can use for switch and not steam so im totally buyin that poo poo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

anytime I get one of those gift cards from someone it just goes straight into my steam wallet

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Buck Wildman posted:

anytime I get one of those gift cards from someone it just goes straight into my steam wallet

the ones i get from work stopped working on steam for some reason which is why i didnt buy harold halibut the transaction didnt go through and now im waiting for the preauth to drop off so i can actually use it on something else hopefully

thank god cash bonuses are a thing of the past! long live the company store!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Scholars staff is definitely OP, favorite noncombat artifact by far

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Orb Log. Purified Lightning is done. Only two levels left on Gathering Energy. The cap doesn't really matter, but it is tough to meet the 220B Spark mark with the spell range I have. I've pushed my Battery and Notes as far as I think I need them to be. I might be able to get over the hump if I indulge in potions...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have completed my orb

:nice:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Edit: i tried to export my orb but it broke the post

Edit Edit: Pastebin https://pastebin.com/JBB9ef25

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Apr 21, 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Well orbed, kirbs

I'm still probably mostly done orbing too but with considerably less done because of my inferior free version

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

I have completed my orb

:nice:

mmmmmfff look at these numbers :swoon:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

orb is good for anxiety and when your mind is all over the place. put a good mix on and just get those numbers up for an hour or 12

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lo-fi wizard trance beats

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn29ZVMcN8s

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

And done with Cyberpunk, I think. I could still do the second path through the last act in dogtown, but kinda burned out and never really got used to male V voice. Did the Devil ending since I didn't on the first run. Good job with that one. Also noticed that I apparently missed the requirements for the secret ending again. Maybe I'll do another run once I hit retirement, but it's a long game and there are still so many.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the secret ending is the same as the sun ending with an extra conversation with someone in the epilogue and a slightly different dialogue with the final boss after your fight

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I agree that the devil ending was good, it's my personal favorite

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I actually liked male v, he's more of a generic video game character but that makes some of the moments land really well.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

male v is better at delivering serious and aggressive lines while female v can do humor and passion better imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they both have moments where they really stick the landing on line delivery and duff others. male V had a few times where he was trying to be wry or sarcastic and it just didn't work but shined when threatening people. I think female V did the banter with Johnny better overall

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I wish Kerbal space program 2 had any chance of being good but it seems like a complete dumpster fire. I only followed it a little so my details are fuzzy but I recall the studio got bought out, all the good devs left, and the original was made largely by Mexican devs in the first place who never really got paid like they should have (?)

And after years all they have is a lovely tech demo for ksp2 with abysmal performance and critical bugs, and is not even close to having feature parity with ksp1. They want to have interstellar flight and colonies but uhhhh it might die in the creche.

That's my steam-style review, 0 hours played.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Buck Wildman posted:

they both have moments where they really stick the landing on line delivery and duff others. male V had a few times where he was trying to be wry or sarcastic and it just didn't work but shined when threatening people. I think female V did the banter with Johnny better overall

Yeah, it's rare for a game to have decent voice overs from both the male and female options, usually one is head and shoulders better.

To fit the setting even better, and to troll the chuds, they could've used both in one playthrough by having V transition halfway through the story. If you start male, you'd go female halfway through, and vice versa. Would've made the chuds spray hot diarrhea and their heads explode.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, it's rare for a game to have decent voice overs from both the male and female options, usually one is head and shoulders better.

To fit the setting even better, and to troll the chuds, they could've used both in one playthrough by having V transition halfway through the story. If you start male, you'd go female halfway through, and vice versa. Would've made the chuds spray hot diarrhea and their heads explode.

Lmfao that would have pissed off everyone so much ah what could have been

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

gross!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I think folks should just make and enjoy good games and not worry about triggering people into explosive diarrhea

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok but what if you do it to make some people ask themselves some serious questions about who they are and what they want out of life? That seems nice

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you can do both

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ok but what if you do it to make some people ask themselves some serious questions about who they are and what they want out of life? That seems nice

so long as it doesn't tax our already overworked janitorial staff

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Janitors deserve better pay

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

aren’t you able to transition whenever you want in Cyberpunk by going to a ripperdoc

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Augus posted:

aren’t you able to transition whenever you want in Cyberpunk by going to a ripperdoc

nope

anyway check this out

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1782151501978247452?t=vYxVt0i2ML_ARptLzrkFXQ&s=19

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Augus posted:

If I remember correctly you can have a penis or a vagina on a whim with no effort required to switch back and forth but your character will always either have or not have tits and the chosen voice

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dark Souls 3 in the bag, completely loved all of it. By the end I was ready for the game to be done though. There was a like two areas I chose to not do because I was ready for the game to be over. The end boss was incredibly fun, didn't really do anything new but like all the other bosses wasn't really bullshit. Hard but not unbeatable.

Gotta find something a little more lighthearted now until I start doing my Elden Ring new game + run to get ready for the DLC, but I'm all souled out for now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HashtagGirlboss posted:

If I remember correctly you can have a penis or a vagina on a whim with no effort required to switch back and forth but your character will always either have or not have tits and the chosen voice

oh right, I forgot.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Augus posted:

oh right, I forgot.

this was mainly to avoid breaking romance flags though of course there are mods to bring this feature cleanly into the game if desired

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol there are now more people playing FO4 than Helldivers 2

Todd stays winning

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the show is obviously the main driver for that but it's also that you can get the whole series and dlc for like $15 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol there are now more people playing FO4 than Helldivers 2

Todd stays winning

vaultboy is a charismatic mascot.