Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TIP posted:

the best eric clapton killing his son joke is the teardrop awards on mr show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVinzg2PuXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxcE0fKZn8Q

take it from me
a guy who's had mouth sores
i know the value of a
mouth without sores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

not even gonna try to snype that one. nope. not even a little.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

See that's just good business sense. The EMS crew is creating future patients to take care of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Hwau0BSpg&t=200s

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 22, 2024

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Posting from the past to say we are crowded in the greenhouse with 4 people and 4 dogs

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I finished a rewatch of the good place and now I am dead 😭

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

Take it sleazy.

I need to rewatch The Good Place. Maybe when I finish my current rewatch of 30 Rock…

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

fartknocker posted:

Take it sleazy.

I need to rewatch The Good Place. Maybe when I finish my current rewatch of 30 Rock…

30 rock reminds me that I have been considering a kimmy schmidt rewatch :thunk:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

30 rock reminds me that I have been considering a kimmy schmidt rewatch :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N_e8TMXshc

I use that line often. That’s another show part of me wants to rewatch, but I remember being kinda lukewarm about the last season, although admittedly I haven’t watched the show since it came out and that was 5~ years ago.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

fartknocker posted:

I remember being kinda lukewarm about the last season

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I actually don't remember what I thought of the last season, but I'm ok with bailing if it starts to drag

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

fartknocker posted:

Take it sleazy.

30 Rock rewatches seem to fly by.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:golfclap:

TIP posted:

I actually don't remember what I thought of the last season, but I'm ok with bailing if it starts to drag

I remember the first season had the really odd Marcia Cross and Christopher Darden (The prosecutors in the O.J. Simpson trial) in the last episodes, which made no sense to me or the girl I was dating at the time as neither of us were old enough to remember them (I was 5 when the trial happened). Seasons 2 and 3 I remember enjoying, I vaguely recall being underwhelmed somewhat by the last season, but can’t exactly remember why. It may have just been doing the Netflix “they dropped the whole season, we need to binge it ASAP to not get spoiled” maneuver. Either way, I’d been thinking of it a few weeks ago for whatever reason, so this discussion might get me to move it up my list a bit.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

30 Rock rewatches seem to fly by.

Yeah, and I still enjoy it a lot. I’m in to the final season and still cracking up all the time.

Only minor gripe is Hulu removed a few episodes apparently due to black face jokes, which includes the second live episode. I don’t remember those jokes themselves, but I know the live episodes were always good. I’m not sure if they were something huge where they couldn’t realistically edit around them, like some episodes of It’s Always Sunny where they tried to make Lethal Weapon sequels, but I know for Scrubs they just removed a few specific scenes where that happened (Usually J.D. fantasies or flashbacks) rather than entire episodes, and that seems better IMO.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 22, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I gotta set up a server with nothing but banned episodes of tv shows that were pulled because people didn't grasp the difference between racism and mocking racism.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the always sunny ep 'dee day' was removed everywhere just a few months after airing, that was the cultural watershed moment on ironic blackface

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Is it just me or is this box of mac and cheese unnecessarily suggestive

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Mac and deez

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it actually really hosed up my halloween plans that year cause i was gonna be alvin, and was gonna pull this out for anyone that confronted me about brownface

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

DorkusMalorkus posted:

looks pretty normal to me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I can kinda see it in the unicorn’s ecstatic expression, but then again I’ve been trained by years of gooning to instantly search for stuff like loss or goatse hidden in there so the unicorn barely registered at first.

Also, hot take: I don’t like mac and cheese

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

robert downey jr's defense of his blackface in tropic thunder like twelve years later was hilarious

quote:

“My mother was horrified,” Downey Jr. said. “‘Bobby, I’m telling ya, I have a bad feeling about this.’ I was like, ‘Yeah me too, mom.’ When Ben called and said, ‘Hey I’m doing this thing’ – you know I think Sean Penn had passed on it or something. Possibly wisely. And I thought, ‘Yeah, I’ll do that and I’ll do that after Iron Man.’ Then I started thinking, ‘This is a terrible idea, wait a minute.’ Then I thought, ‘Well hold on dude, get real here, where is your heart? My heart is…I get to be black for a summer in my mind, so there’s something in it for me. The other thing is, I get to hold up to nature the insane self-involved hypocrisy of artists and what they think they’re allowed to do on occasion, just my opinion.”

I love how he goes from "lol I just wanted to spend a summer in blackface" straight to "really it's about the self involved hypocrisy of actors"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

"these 'artists' think they can get away with anything!" - robert downey jr in blackface

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
was special jack a dig at sean penn for dropping the role then

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Me neither. Not even Kraft Dinner.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pac and Cheese posted:

was special jack a dig at sean penn for dropping the role then

It'd be hilarious if it was. He does mention by name in the rant about "going full retard"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

everyone who hates mac n cheese can send me theirs

I'm also accepting shells n cheese

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TIP posted:

"these 'artists' think they can get away with anything!" - robert downey jr in blackface

"While I'm at it I'm gonna drop the r-word so hard."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pac and Cheese posted:

it actually really hosed up my halloween plans that year cause i was gonna be alvin, and was gonna pull this out for anyone that confronted me about brownface

Did you think people were gonna be confused about who you were walking around with a sweater that goes down to your feet with a big yellow A on it?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Did you think people were gonna be confused about who you were walking around with a sweater that goes down to your feet with a big yellow A on it?

i was going to cover my entire head in brown makeup and put on a prosthetic nose, and was expecting confrontation. it was a different time

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I was gonna say I'd be more worried about being mistaken for "yellow face" if you have fake big buck teeth but since NBC didn't care to pull those episodes of The Office I guess that's still a grey area.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

"While I'm at it I'm gonna drop the r-word so hard."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVAEdihBAZQ

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

The 5000 Page Thread: No, go back to the diarrhea

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
you ever notice how different races' diarrhea have a way different consistency. maybe this is a bad time to bring this up

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the secret is ebola :ssh:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

TIP posted:

shoulda listened to your ole pal ruby :(

fartknocker posted:

Take it sleazy.

oh.. oh no.. i forgot about that :cry:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

it's doorbell chargin' season again

https://i.imgur.com/MvvYpFA.mp4

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ruby Gloom posted:

where IS computer viking?

Sorry, I've just been busy. And sleepy, I don't know if it's the allergy meds or what.

I just caught up to the thread - belated happy 40th to bagmo, I hope Ruby's kidneys and Dorkus' tooth are doing better?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

fartknocker posted:

:same:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Pac and Cheese posted:

you ever notice how different races' diarrhea have a way different consistency. maybe this is a bad time to bring this up

LOL that's my favorite episode of 30 Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

my list so far for the 5000 page potluck

• pickle platter
  • trough of mac and cheese

what am I missing?