Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So is Warrior not getting flinched by rocks or grappled by two large dogs, entirely reliant on getting off my rear end to unlock dwarf smithing?

Because Volcano tier gear don't seem to help-*Two large dogs chain command grab chews and doggy shoulder tackle me out of my swings while pawns murder a cyclops in the background*

I may have fallen for "People cried a thing was OP, that means I can reach the same results without it!" again.

Honestly though, what bugs me more is still eating a solid 1/7 to 1/6 of my health bar in damage doing a hyper armor trade hits that sends three bandits or goblins into orbit. Nearly 800 defense even without smithing upgrades and outdated helmets for fashion (Thanks, augments!), and I still feel more flimsy than my Sorcerer. Because warrior is basically "Loss gauge, the class" even when I'm kicking rear end.

On a lighter note, fire element greathammer still fucks up fire lizards REAL GOOD because it is a huge hammer :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I don't want to say "skill issue" but more often than not nothing can even reach me to damage me when I'm warrior-ing, where small targets are concerned. rockscales can roll into me sometimes but in general I'm either skywarding or sweeping and small targets usually just pop when they enter my effective range.

large targets get parried and rocked hard

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

doomfunk posted:

I don't want to say "skill issue" but more often than not nothing can even reach me to damage me when I'm warrior-ing, where small targets are concerned. rockscales can roll into me sometimes but in general I'm either skywarding or sweeping and small targets usually just pop when they enter my effective range.

large targets get parried and rocked hard
The funny part about those examples is rockscales are a loving joke to me (shame my pawns can't learn that lesson), and my complaint is command grabs or things that bypass my charged swings, or "I killed them in one hit, alas the trade damage when someone did a flying leap from off screen at me before they died really adds up" making a dozen enemies dead in under a minute still not feel satisfying at times.

Never underestimate bandit damage, on that note. they are basically glass cannons. "Aw gently caress, a guy wearing rags stabbed me during my hyper armor three times before my charged swing reduced them to a fine mist. That's worse than being hit by a drake!"

I'm still winning, the winning just feels more 'But they got free damage in before they died' for warrior the deeper in you get, than the other face murder classes.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 21, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's why god invented mages and healing spells

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's why god invented mages and healing spells

Mages can't heal loss gauge :argh: Which is a mechanic that might as well not exist for me outside of dragons, golem fights gone bad, or warrior. Along with camping while the sun is up.

"Master, you are only missing 1/8th of your meter, you still have a billion health. You can get hit in the head during hyper armor trades that kill 1-3 enemies in exchange for another 1% of your meter like, thirty more times before it is actually a problem"
"OR! I could have a full healthbar again! Which looks cooler."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The loss gauge still hardly matters because you can't ever die as long as you have any healing items at all.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
How can you tell the capcom hires? Is it just by checking the arisen/pawn details, or is there something else that's more obvious?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

How can you tell the capcom hires? Is it just by checking the arisen/pawn details, or is there something else that's more obvious?

The profile link is greyed out on the trip report page. Typically they have a super generic name too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So what does the sphinx do if you haven’t grabbed any seeker tokens? I’ve grabbed about 190 of them and so I doubt I’ll run into any during NG+ before I hit the sphinx.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

she has a different dialogue and you'll get the finder's token bundled with the seeker token when you find one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man I'm broke as hell lol, how's everyone making money?

Also what's the trick to making Trickster do something useful, I kind of just poop out dragon's and watch pawns gently caress around lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If you have more than 15 or so of a given material, feel free to gather them up and sell them all! I make a few hundred thou each time.

Just be very careful not to sell all your wyrmslife crystals when you do it (I've done this twice)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Flavahbeast posted:

she has a different dialogue and you'll get the finder's token bundled with the seeker token when you find one

What happens if you’ve found EVERY seeker token, I wonder

RBA Starblade posted:

Also what's the trick to making Trickster do something useful, I kind of just poop out dragon's and watch pawns gently caress around lol

Sell all the armor you’re hoarding in your storage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mordiceius posted:

Sell all the armor you’re hoarding in your storage.

B-but my fashion!

If you have more than 15 or so of a given material, feel free to gather them up and sell them all! I make a few hundred thou each time.

Just be very careful not to sell all your wyrmslife crystals when you do it (I've done this twice)

I've been doing that besides the good stuff and I make like 10k each time. I guess I need to go to more dangerous areas.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

the finder's token will appear right behind you when you accept the quest, apparently

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

the finder's token will appear right behind you when you accept the quest, apparently

Haha incredible.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

B-but my fashion!

I've been doing that besides the good stuff and I make like 10k each time. I guess I need to go to more dangerous areas.

Oh I've also done it only like 4 times so far, so i had a bunch saved up. If you're doing it regularly you're probably fine, it's just a smaller trickle then.

But also, don't be so stingy with the good stuff, you get lots of gold for it and how many weapons/armor are you really gonna upgrade with them?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
if you want cash, ferment fruit from the other region and hunt golems. best dosh in the biz

e: also aging beast steaks is okay money regardless and if you know where the aurochs roam you can make a killing from indiscriminate livestock murder

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Also sell gems in the appropriate regions.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Warrior doesn't actually have much in way of bonus stagger resistance generally in my experience. They do get massive stagger resistance when basically doing anything they want to be doing, so shoulder tackle, charging, and attacking. But just walking around? Everything can still knock you on your rear end pretty easily. Dwarven smithing helps a lot with that stuff

Estel
May 4, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

You are a tank but use your simulacrum to aggro enemies, go into a fight with your simulacrum summoned, plant it wherever you want the enemies to go, create aggro with your skill, buff your pawns and resummon your simulacrum to yourself to move it somewhere else and make the enemies follow you and ignore your pawns. Plant it and repeat. You can keep most enemies running around ignoring your pawns while they destroy them. Most of the time when fighting normal enemies you don't really have to do that much, cast simulacrum, throw it to an enemy so every mob attacks it and repeat. Fights go surprisingly fast once you get used to the rhythm of playing with the trickster.

If you want to do more things get used to throw things at enemies. Boxes, jars, once the first mob dies use it's corpse as a throwing weapon, it's really effective.

It's a fun vocation but is not for everyone because you completely depend on your pawns so you really have to choose the pawns and skills you want to have on your team.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

can I launch my pawns up to things? will they do stuff up there like release ladders or collect poo poo and open chests? I could burn a skill slot on that when I do warrior/fighter

Idk but one time I used "go" to direct a tossy fellow towards a chest on a ledge i couldnt reach and he fuckin tossed me up there. So while its incredibly annoying most of the time, it has uses.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Valdent posted:

Warrior doesn't actually have much in way of bonus stagger resistance generally in my experience. They do get massive stagger resistance when basically doing anything they want to be doing, so shoulder tackle, charging, and attacking. But just walking around? Everything can still knock you on your rear end pretty easily. Dwarven smithing helps a lot with that stuff

Warrior gets a base knockdown resistance of 400 which is far more than anything else, it just isn't clear what 400 really means

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

All I know is 1100 knockback means "this sword turns goblins into stalactites".

Knockback and knockback resistance probably work like damage thresholds? Just that even basic rear end wolves and saurians do substantially more KB than most vocations are capable of fully resisting.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I have finally got my build locked in:

Warfarer: Sorc Staff, Daggers, Bow

Skills are: Skull Splitter, Ensnare, Augural Flare.

Going flare-> Skull Splitter is stupid high damage. I like having levitate too.

The bow is just there because its useful once in awhile.

Working on Knockdown Resist now. I am at around 800, but should be able to get higher.
I could use something other than ensnare, but it's good on harpies and basically an insta kill of any human sized monster. Explosive arrow might be good too.

So far it rules.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Mordiceius posted:

So what does the sphinx do if you haven’t grabbed any seeker tokens? I’ve grabbed about 190 of them and so I doubt I’ll run into any during NG+ before I hit the sphinx.

I have all 240, I really should go see what happens if I talk to her this NG+ cycle given I literally cannot pick up a token.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Estel posted:

You are a tank but use your simulacrum to aggro enemies, go into a fight with your simulacrum summoned, plant it wherever you want the enemies to go, create aggro with your skill, buff your pawns and resummon your simulacrum to yourself to move it somewhere else and make the enemies follow you and ignore your pawns. Plant it and repeat. You can keep most enemies running around ignoring your pawns while they destroy them. Most of the time when fighting normal enemies you don't really have to do that much, cast simulacrum, throw it to an enemy so every mob attacks it and repeat. Fights go surprisingly fast once you get used to the rhythm of playing with the trickster.

If you want to do more things get used to throw things at enemies. Boxes, jars, once the first mob dies use it's corpse as a throwing weapon, it's really effective.

It's a fun vocation but is not for everyone because you completely depend on your pawns so you really have to choose the pawns and skills you want to have on your team.

Thanks, I don't have it fully running yet so wasn't sure what the gameplan is. I'll have to adjust who I keep with me!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

How often do you buy armor/weapons?

I've actually never sold any weapons/armor unless I already have a copy (and for armor I'll often keep two of the better-looking armor based off of the vanishingly small possibility that I might want both me and my pawn to wear it at some point).

I think most of my money is from a mix of 10k gold pawn quests (I shuffle out pawns after finishing their quests), normal questing, and normal money from killing mobs (which gradually adds up, since there's a good chance of getting a couple thousand from a pack of goblins).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alright this straightforward voice fuckin' sucks. I guess now I know what that aphonite scroll is intended for.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Alright this straightforward voice fuckin' sucks. I guess now I know what that aphonite scroll is intended for.

It's funny when a Straightforward pawn goes "One of my former masters preferred to have Beastrens for allies" where they really spit out "Beastrens" in disgust, and the pawn is also a Beastren.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I love my kindhearted pawn’s voice. Any time another pawn tells about their other master’s group, my pawn just says “Interesting” with the most flat loving tone. She sounds so sarcastic about it. Or she’ll say “To each their own” in a tone that sounds like she is heavily rolling her eyes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The pawns are catty as hell this time around, it's great. One of them kept asking me how I moved under my extremely heavy Average weight limit. The other one thanked me for carrying all the stuff for her lmao

Ytlaya posted:

How often do you buy armor/weapons?

I've actually never sold any weapons/armor unless I already have a copy (and for armor I'll often keep two of the better-looking armor based off of the vanishingly small possibility that I might want both me and my pawn to wear it at some point).

I think most of my money is from a mix of 10k gold pawn quests (I shuffle out pawns after finishing their quests), normal questing, and normal money from killing mobs (which gradually adds up, since there's a good chance of getting a couple thousand from a pack of goblins).

Actually that's a good point, I stick with the same pawns for ages. I should engage with the quests more to get paid!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm enjoying Trickster more than I thought I would, but I'm only trying it AFTER getting the Sphinx trickster weapon that turns every enemy into a slot machine. If I didn't have the 'get money' minigame to play in between deploying my smoke dude I'd find it a lot more tedious. I also haven't hosed around with the spirit projection skill much yet, but now i see how that fake floor skilll could actually be useful, if still highly situational.

Augural Flare is still the GOAT, allows me to contribute to big damage even with my piddly little censer swings.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 22, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh interesting, if you die in the postgame without any wakestones, you get an ending where you wake up shirtless in the Rivage Elder's shack and look across the water, I think implying that you become the new failed-arisen never-forgetting-rear end old weirdo

e: also "load game" and "load from inn save" are replaced with "start from the morn of day 10 in the unmoored world" and "start from day 1 in the unmoored world"

day 10 might just be the day I was on, I'm not sure

I discovered this trying to take a cliff/wakestone shortcut for probably the 50th time

e2: another endgame observation: I think whoever was noticing that dragonsplague just kinda keeps happening in the endgame is right. I clifftossed my main pawn twice in a row and she kept getting dragonblight even though the other pawns were fine. I think it happens automatically for story reasons.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 22, 2024

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Thundarr posted:

I changed mine to Simple in NG+ to switch things up. Hope it doesn't suck for a Warrior.

Also a thing I noticed: one of my pawns said she knew of a cave nearby and I missed the window to tell her to go. Then I accidentally talked to her and found out there is a dedicated dialog option for pawns to have them guide you to a chest or cave. That blew my mind.

Other thing: I met Ser Lennart in the post-game and he immediately gave me the Soldier's Tome or whatever the fighter maister scroll is called. So whoever the goon was a few pages back: you basically can't lock yourself out from getting it unless maybe he's dead.

I wish you could drag the Unmoored World out a little more. There's a hard stop (unless you keep using Allheal Elixirs or Wakestones to heal I guess) where the game won't let you rest at all anymore. I think I killed every dragon and Medusa, but I might have missed some stuff because I definitely did not have enough WLC to get all Dragonforged gear. At the last minute I spent my remaining WLC on the Sorcerer staff and armor because I intend to level that in NG+ and then just went to the other side.

Sioux fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 22, 2024

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

straightforward male voice rules

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Genuinely love the look of my Arisen

Lots of people like my pawn

Pawn of MordMom is very popular as well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The corset is like a 300% modifier to RC gain.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

The corset is like a 300% modifier to RC gain.

Yeah! It rules.

Since you can't mod the PS5 version, it is super rare to see it around. I think I've only seen it 4-5 times across all my pawn searches.

So it is way more of an eye-catcher on PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
On pc, I stopped hiring pawns wearing the corset because 95% of them are blatantly cheated.

Sorry to all of those that got it legitimately