Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

france and japan and fake korea I would guess because they share military tech with each other which is making israel all pissy. malta, I would guess, has some zionist tax shelter or emergency bunker relationship going on. no idea about slovenia, ecuador got scolded by the u.s. prior to the vote.

lol, maybe those are all the countries the zionists are eyeing to set up israel 2.0 in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

This one isn't really as funny as the d&d one because they'll prob just be like "thank the lord we just barely escaped with our lives" and will never reflect other than to imagine themselves escaping a death ghetto scenario or something

Owlbear Camus posted:

honestly amazing that given absolute creative control to juice his allegory in whatever gross way he wanted, make the palestinian proxies goblin necromancers or whatever, the underlying truth just could not be sanitized enough to make his players side with the allegorical zionists. i love it.

It's gotta be another case of no creativity + that lol. Even if it were all creeps & kobolds that actually would just make it worse and make them MORE empathetic.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Apr 22, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

u don’t understand

They ar the victims here!!!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

galagazombie posted:

What the hell is the logic here? Slovenia? Malta? The entire planet voted against them but they’re singling out these six?

Look up United Nations Security Council

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-readouts-mum-on-true-reason-for-blinkens-calls-with-gallant-gantz/

quote:

The US State Department confirms that Secretary of State Antony Blinken held calls with Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and war cabinet minister Benny Gantz earlier today, but makes no mention of the actual reason for the calls — the Israeli cabinet members’ efforts to convince the Biden administration to walk back plans to sanction the Netzah Yehuda battalion over alleged human rights abuses against Palestinians in the West Bank.

Instead, the readouts regurgitate old talking points about the war in Gaza — the US commitment to Israel’s security, boosting efforts to improve the humanitarian situation in Gaza and ensuring that the conflict does not spread.

While the Israeli readouts made clear that Gantz and Gallant had reached out to Blinken in order to talk him down from sanctioning any IDF units, the State Department readouts avoid the topic entirely.
hmmmm i wonder if they're trying to find a way not to sanction the battalion

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

No israeli will face any consequences of any kind from the US for any reason, which is what makes it extra funny. Much like those other sanctions on like, 2 and a half settlers that the US said "oh by the way no one has to enforce anything about this", any "sanctions" against the battalion will be as much in name only. So its really funny to see Israel get into a fit over something completely performative that no one will take any notice of after a couple days, because even a face saving display of "sanctions" that aren't real is unacceptable to them.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://scheerpost.com/2024/04/21/r...RhRfvymmEsXqQB0

a good read from Ralph Nader

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zodium posted:

trashy tony's is one of the greatest goon redemption arcs of all time

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Free him

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Biden administration is asking university leadership to do more to stop antisemitism and terroristic rhetoric on campuses

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1782131891253985517?t=u1wunHQt6dhe53pg1rvtRA&s=19
https://twitter.com/SecondGentleman/status/1782182735244595623?t=GJowb7kg7ynNYjAM3Elibg&s=19

New encampments demanding an end to the genocide on Gaza are emerging across the country, primarily at elite universities, and this seems to be a call by the administration to crack down on them as harshly as needed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Biden administration is asking university leadership to do more to stop antisemitism and terroristic rhetoric on campuses

New encampments demanding an end to the genocide on Gaza are emerging across the country, primarily at elite universities, and this seems to be a call by the administration to crack down on them as harshly as needed.

I'm glad no one is really falling for this classic trap. Everyone is well aware that protesting Israel is not antisemitic or supporting terrorism. I've yet to see anything that even remotely matches what those two tweets are claiming.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1782131891253985517?t=u1wunHQt6dhe53pg1rvtRA&s=19
https://twitter.com/SecondGentleman/status/1782182735244595623?t=GJowb7kg7ynNYjAM3Elibg&s=19

Biden: send in the national guard to Harvard we need another Kent state
Me: no_wait_stop_gene_wilder.gif

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP41oyEvABU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the VPs husband tweeting that colleges ‘must do better’ is wild. just dont say anything dude, no one cares

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

western countries are going to start paying their citizens to support Israel at this rate.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
in Canada they at least remember to throw islamaphobia in the free speech discourse blender, america does not give a poo poo. it's honest, i appreciate it.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

I said come in! posted:

western countries are going to start paying their citizens to support Israel at this rate.
theyre already paying as many people as theyre ever going to. deteriorating economic conditions are only going to cause them to contract the pool of people they are willing to bribe into compliance, not expand it

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I’ve met tons. I grew up in a part of the country with a large Jewish population, and now I live in the South surrounded by dispie evangelicals and people who just really hate Muslims.

yeah there's tons of evangelical supporters of israel who think they're gonna bring about the rapture or whatever, often in our own state and federal government buildings. makes u think.

for real it seems like this is, for whatever reason, an often overlooked aspect of zionist support. probably because it sounds batshit crazy and its hard to believe anyone would really let it guide policy but its definitely a thing

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

yeah there's tons of evangelical supporters of israel who think they're gonna bring about the rapture or whatever, often in our own state and federal government buildings. makes u think.

for real it seems like this is, for whatever reason, an often overlooked aspect of zionist support. probably because it sounds batshit crazy and its hard to believe anyone would really let it guide policy but its definitely a thing

I heard part of a radio segment today where the two evangelical presenters were extremely upset that Biden worked with Iran to put on a show shooting down all those drones and defusing the situation. How could he abandon Israel like that?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pyrus Malus posted:

Idk how many evangelicals support Israel because they want to cause the rapture vs because they just hate muslims

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Trick question, all evangelicals who believe in the rapture also hate muslims. Tolerance for the Other has long been discarded for someone that deep into it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Idk how many evangelicals support Israel because they want to cause the rapture vs because they just hate muslims

this was very easy to detect if you ever talk to evangelicals about christian communities in the middle east

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's cool how enraptured american evangelicals are with israel that israel can bomb Bethlehem on christmas day and no one gives a poo poo

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dreylad posted:

it's cool how enraptured american evangelicals are with israel that israel can bomb Bethlehem on christmas day and no one gives a poo poo

Not to go too far into burgerchat but, that's because American evangelicals don't give a poo poo about Christian traditions older than the loving 1960s, the Holy Land of the American evangelical isn't in the levant, it's America.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

StashAugustine posted:

oh yeah don't misunderstand, they definitely hate muslims too, its just surprising you don't hear more about the end-times zionism cult stuff considering how ubiqitous it is if you're from certain parts of the US south

or maybe we do hear more about it than I realize? I mean they did get nic cage for the left behind movie

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I'm glad no one is really falling for this classic trap. Everyone is well aware that protesting Israel is not antisemitic or supporting terrorism. I've yet to see anything that even remotely matches what those two tweets are claiming.

it's not messaging for the population at large, it's a message for the prospective lever-pullers. these protests are morally correct, nobody is being threatened for their religious beliefs, there are jewish students protesting against the action of the state of Israel along with everybody else

but "because you participated in the antisemitic protests calling for violence, we will have to pass you up for this (and any future) internship. so long" --any branch of the US government and money-making DC adjacent gig

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bawk posted:

it's not messaging for the population at large, it's a message for the prospective lever-pullers. these protests are morally correct, nobody is being threatened for their religious beliefs, there are jewish students protesting against the action of the state of Israel along with everybody else

but "because you participated in the antisemitic protests calling for violence, we will have to pass you up for this (and any future) internship. so long" --any branch of the US government and money-making DC adjacent gig

Funny thing is this is why the protests can't be infiltrated or co opted to any useful degree, because even pretending for any amount of time to believe Palestinians are human is completely unacceptable to the money.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Pyrus Malus posted:

oh yeah don't misunderstand, they definitely hate muslims too, its just surprising you don't hear more about the end-times zionism cult stuff considering how ubiqitous it is if you're from certain parts of the US south

or maybe we do hear more about it than I realize? I mean they did get nic cage for the left behind movie

You could get Nic cage for a discendo vox biopic if you paid him enough

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hailthefish posted:

Not to go too far into burgerchat but, that's because American evangelicals don't give a poo poo about Christian traditions older than the loving 1960s, the Holy Land of the American evangelical isn't in the levant, it's America.

Neom Genocide Evangelical

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Over here the solution is to make the news from the conflict as vague as possible. When I was at a restaurant yesterday they reported on the settler who exploded while trying to get a palestinian flag removed and it was like "man injured while removing a flag".

Hell, when the ICJ court case came in, we had "So when do we sanction Russia" as a response and I felt like a vein in my head popped from hearing that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You should all know this is a real thing that happened today. An infant was born to a corpse killed in an Israeli airstrike. This is Hell on Earth. For Real.

sadly it looks like Israel has become the very thing it has reviled

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Wizard Master posted:

Did they really? They've always treated Holocaust survivors (the ones who don't lick their boots) and their families like poo poo since their inception.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

OctaMurk posted:

Israel to summon ambassadors of 6 countries that voted for Palestinian UN membership

Foreign Ministry spokesperson says ‘a strong protest’ will be lodged with envoys of France, Japan, South Korea, Malta, Slovenia and Ecuador

those ambassadors are going to get hit by some rogue airstrikes

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

read about the Nakba. they’ve always been like that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:stare::stare: :stare:

Saw a small report from AJ following a civil EOD team as they defuse the UXO in Gaza. Harrowing stuff, guys have nerves of titanium, as did the journalists who filmed them as they went about their work taking out fuzes. Bombs as tall as a person stuck through the walls of a family home, who were thankful they got the chance to leave after it landed on them in the middle of the night.

dti

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

Irgun, the paramilitary/terrorist group which did the Deir Yassin masscre, (1948) which kicked off the Nakba had ties to Mussolini's fascists. Irgun eventually became/joined Herut, which is the predecessor of Likud. Einstein condemned them as Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

:stare::stare: :stare:

Saw a small report from AJ following a civil EOD team as they defuse the UXO in Gaza. Harrowing stuff, guys have nerves of titanium, as did the journalists who filmed them as they went about their work taking out fuzes. Bombs as tall as a person stuck through the walls of a family home, who were thankful they got the chance to leave after it landed on them in the middle of the night.

dti

hopefully that uxo finds its way home