Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

Take it to CEX.

They’re obviously gonna have to go and buy a new phone at some point so this has a better chance of eventually finding its way back to the owner than handing it in to the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Possible to check the brand on the SIMM card and take it to the shop?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Private Speech posted:

Every day we stray further from Jupiter's light.
It did just leave our skies...

(Hi it's me, I'm the astronomy derailler)

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

domhal posted:

Possible to check the brand on the SIMM card and take it to the shop?

Its a Vodafone, and their support agent just said to take it to the cops. I'll give their local store a call and see if they say anything different.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I honestly can’t take years of this tool running the country

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I hate that red faced wanker.

and now to turn on my monitor

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Pictured: Someone who looks like they have literally never seen a football before.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Nothing like a fee cheeky pints after the five a side and just a little crushed cyclist as a treat

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

I fell in love with football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, foosball. That's why all I do is talk balls.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smellmycheese posted:

Making sure all our kids can play football apart from y'know, the trans ones

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

i like football, i’m working class, me

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Re: Thames Water

BBC posted:

When the company was privatised in 1989, it had no debt. But over the years it borrowed heavily and is currently £14.7bn in debt, by one measure.

A large proportion of that was added when Macquarie, an Australian infrastructure bank, owned Thames Water, reaching over £10bn when the company was sold in 2017.

But critics argue that it took billions of pounds out of the company in loans and dividends - which is a share of a business's profits that is paid to shareholders.

I like how they frame it as "critics argue" as if it is not the objective and officially declared truth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why do you need patriotism to play football? Surely civic pride gets more kids interested.

That's one thing that Andy Bumham and Sadiq Khan got right, and that we should replicate in other cities as part of a pattern of increasing urbanisation and annoying Tories.

Also as GDT (pbuh) once said the demographics around traditional club catchment areas and the cultural sports they're interested in (iirc it was white working class and West Ham going to Black British and West Ham going to British Bangladeshi and cricket in his example) have more to do with who is playing what for where than any amount of flag loving.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I hate that the football/flag nonce is going to be prime minister for 10 years at least.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Private Speech posted:

Re: Thames Water

I like how they frame it as "critics argue" as if it is not the objective and officially declared truth.

the framing of “critics” means people who can’t be trusted or should be doubted

they could have used “experts” or even boffins if they wanted to, but the whole structure of government sells offs relies on all the foreign investment funds coming in so i wouldn’t be surprised if the bbc nhs’s been told to keep it chill for now

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

keep punching joe posted:

I hate that the football/flag nonce is going to be prime minister for 10 years at least.

very optimistic of you to think the mail & telegraph won't be done with him in 5

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice

Guavanaut posted:

Why do you need patriotism to play football?
Patriotism is the refuge of the thicko, so it makes perfect sense that Keith and the Tories are cranking up the butcher's apron factories to eleven. Who needs to improve anything when you can watch some brightly coloured fabric move in the wind?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

very optimistic of you to think the mail & telegraph won't be done with him in 2 or less

really the question is still whether someone tries to knife him ahead of the election

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

very optimistic of you to think the mail & telegraph won't be done with him in 5

I don't see why they wouldn't, their hostility to him is all just kayfabe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sunak's giving a speech to the nation. He's said that Parliament is going to sit tonight and will keep voting until the Rwanda bill is passed.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

fuctifino posted:

Sunak's giving a speech to the nation. He's said that Parliament is going to sit tonight and will keep voting until the Rwanda bill is passed.

Rofl it's quite funny how desperate he is to see at least one plane (probably empty) fly before he calls the election.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's now taking questions, and refusing to give any details due to 'operational security'... lmao

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
is there a moment when the speaker says "you know what. gently caress off. not allowing this nonsense anymore i want to go home".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think sunak actually has any authority over how long parliament spends in the chamber

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I can't remember but can filibusters happen in British politics? Could someone troll parliament and speak for 14 hours?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I was under the impression that this bill couldn't pass during this Parliamentary session if it didn't make it through the Lords? If so, I'm struggling to see how he thinks he can force the vote through? My head feels like mash after listening to his voice drone on and on while saying relatively nothing

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Communist Bear posted:

I can't remember but can filibusters happen in British politics? Could someone troll parliament and speak for 14 hours?

I think so. There was something about Labour talking about ferrets for hours which stopped something going through...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Liz Truss accidentally filibusters the whole thing just by talking.

https://twitter.com/thhamilton/status/806182426204573696

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Communist Bear posted:

People like Jacob Rees-Mogg has even boasted in the past about doing it.

An example of him filibustering the Sustainable Livestock Bill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXGP1GGLDe4

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think sunak actually has any authority

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Communist Bear posted:

Yeah, this chode filibustered an anti-upskirting bill. I thought it was David Davi(e?)s when he was brought up recently and realised it was a different alliteratively-named prime dipshit when I looked it up.

E: on re-reading the article maybe this wasn’t the filibustering event after all, derp.

TACD fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 22, 2024

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
It's great how that wheezing corpse Chope pretends that he's actually concerned about following some archaic processes and procedures so it's "done properly" when it's evident that he only does it for one specific type of legislation. The fetid wee prick has clearly outlived his usefulness so uses his position to spite others and stymie any progressive change.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

First flights to take off in 10-12 years. That's 3 months which is September. Fitting with a general election maybe?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Communist Bear posted:

First flights to take off in 10-12 years.

Sounds about right for Britain

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Communist Bear posted:

First flights to take off in 10-12 years. That's 3 months which is September. Fitting with a general election maybe?

Wow, Time really does fly....

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Communist Bear posted:

First flights to take off in 10-12 years. That's 3 months which is September.

I have some questions

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

Utterly baffling to hang a PM-ship and an election campaign off a policy that virtually nobody cares about or benefits from.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
assume khan will walk the mayoral election but is there any reason i shouldn't vote green in the assembly

e:

domhal posted:

Utterly baffling to hang a PM-ship and an election campaign off a policy that virtually nobody cares about or benefits from.

probably because it detracts attention away from the things people do care about (which they absolutely have no answers for)

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

simple answer is just take it to the police station
Actually probably not! Most modern stations won't take them because they view the time spent inventorying, storing and having to deal with ascertaining if the owner is the right owner as 'a waste of resources' rather than 'one of the few ways they make themselves useful to the public.'