Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

TulliusCicero posted:

Their main plots are always so... just there in 3 and 4. 4 has a more initially interesting plot than 3 with tracking Kellog, but then it completely loses steam after he's gone. Meeting the Institute should feel like a crazy thing, but they are just kinda boring. The Railroad is like a mess of ideas and don't really work, the Minutemen could be neat but are boring AND annoying, and the BOS is fine I guess, would have worked better as the primary antagonist tbh.

The Institute set-up makes you think you are going to get Fallout meets Blade Runner, but it never really gets there. I went in expecting the Soul Survivor to be a synth themselves, and it was going to play on themes of what being human actually means but NOPE

Also the twist with Sean is boring and dumb, and why is there a Robo Sean?

Again, I think Far Harbor from what I have heard executes a lot of fun ideas better.

76 was loving interesting because they tried something different at least, and again if the overall presentation/stability were better (or if it was just made to be a single player/ like 2 person co op experience) could have been really good.

It apparently got rushed like crazy too.

The issue with the railroad is that they are abolitionists fighting a shadow war against the institute. Their idea is pretty straightforward. They are helping slaves with the help of other outcasts like goodneighbor. Whatever else happens ending slavery by violent means is their goal. It's not really a mess of ideas unless you think that a focused org like that should have a full endstate plan.

The bladerunner aspect is played up in the DLC. In the base game the question it grapples with is "are these machines that look like people, feel like people and have inner lives like people less because they are industrially made to be slaves?" Railroad thinks no, BOS thinks they are abominations and Institute thinks they are just robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant remember, are there any vaults in the games where people are still living in them and they are not a complete disaster?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I said come in! posted:

I cant remember, are there any vaults in the games where people are still living in them and they are not a complete disaster?

Vault 21 was fine since they solved all their disputes via gambling. But the only remaining resident is Sarah and she uses the Vault as a hotel nowadays.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I said come in! posted:

Sorta. Vault 13 was a control vault, the water chip breaking was an unanticipated accident. It was supposed to remain sealed and function properly.

Vault 8 was another control where everything was intended to work as planned, the vault opened and they built Vault City. No one really lives in the vault anymore but they have a brand new town around it. They still use the vault's resources like the power generator.

There are likely other control vaults. Vault 21 had the gambling experiment but otherwise seemed pretty normal. Vault 81 is basically functional. Vault 34 didn't kill everyone in an experiment, it mostly worked and later the reactor had a meltdown.

Vault 29 is another candidate, Harold came from there and there's nothing to suggest it was hosed up.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Vault 101 remains perfectly functional, depending on how you resolve the quest.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

I love Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas, and think the other games are pretty bad. I don’t care about the show violating continuity or whatever. Will I enjoy it?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

I said come in! posted:

vault 85. The first overseer had a conscience and buried the science team alive.

nemesis_hub posted:

I love Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas, and think the other games are pretty bad. I don’t care about the show violating continuity or whatever. Will I enjoy it?

The show is really good and has a compelling narrative.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vault 34 is a weird one because it has had at least one major exodus in its history but continued to operate as a Vault for several more decades. It was designed to be incredibly cramped and also have an absurdly large armory, but by some miracle when the Boomers left the Vault they did so without violence. Then the reactor started to leak and the large majority of the Vault became rundown and the inhabitants were turned to Ghouls. But even then other parts of the Vault still had regular people living in them as late as 2281, long after the reactor had failed and even longer after the Boomers had left for Nellis Airfield.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

nemesis_hub posted:

Probably.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Arc Hammer posted:

Vault 21 was fine since they solved all their disputes via gambling. But the only remaining resident is Sarah and she uses the Vault as a hotel nowadays.

And she only stayed because of agoraphobia, which probably happened to a lot of vault dwellers

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

nemesis_hub posted:

It's a slow burn, in a good way

Highly recommend it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bah. Fallout 3 or NV not on the ps3 PlayStation store anymore

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't gotten very far in Fallout, I've only messed about for an hour or so after seeing a tiktok giving some tips on getting started. While the overall feeling of fallout is there, it feels like the parts I like about Fallout, all the little knick knacks and environmental story telling seem to be from the bethesda era games.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nemesis_hub posted:

it depends upon what you liked about those games, like idk if u care about canon v themes or w/e... but anyway i just finished the show. for all its positive qualities(actors, art design and performances) i couldnt help but feel that it was just overly pessimistic and reactionary, which to me is *extremely boring* for this setting. i thought this setting was all about moving forward

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I like the dash of pessimism. It seems more suitable to me than the optimism of "yeah we will rebuild again."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

We are in the same boat and I loving love this show a lot. Its great.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Sorta. Vault 13 was a control vault, the water chip breaking was an unanticipated accident. It was supposed to remain sealed and function properly.

Vault 8 was another control where everything was intended to work as planned, the vault opened and they built Vault City. No one really lives in the vault anymore but they have a brand new town around it. They still use the vault's resources like the power generator.

Don't they mention in 2 that Vault 8 got a ton of water chips but only one GECK, while Vault 13 got a single water chip but multiple GECKs? I think the experiment was resource distribution in this case. Vault 8 managed to get by with their single GECK, while the failure of the Vault 13 water chip forced them to interact with the outside.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

And she only stayed because of agoraphobia, which probably happened to a lot of vault dwellers

Also unless you're in a vault that's collapsing and/or has a super horrible test going on in it, most of the time it seems vault life is far, far, better than wasteland life in general. There are a few places that seem you could live a decent life, but mostly it just seems miserable as hell. Surprised you don't here about vault dwellers trying to go back more.

Creating a settlement right outside a vault actually seems like a really smart move, like in fallout 2. While you're building up the settlement, you still have the resources and protection of the vault right there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Considering that a lot of vaults are in the middle of no where, there's probably a bunch of space available to make such a settlement.

One thing I was wondering is where the vaults are getting those deviled eggs and mac and cheeses. I assume they have to grow and make their own food, so where are these frozen dinners coming from? For something like Vault 4, maybe they have them saved up to hand out to new people, but then they'd have to be long since expired by now, which might be fine on the surface, but they have real, fresh food to eat in the vaults. So maybe they just make them out of the food they grow. I wouldn't be surprised if Vault Tec got some sponsorship deal with BlamCo that requires the vault dwellers to package the food they make as if they are from the grocery store.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Cojawfee posted:

For something like Vault 4, maybe they have them saved up to hand out to new people, but then they'd have to be long since expired by now

if they can freeze people for hundreds of years and then bring them back to life they can probably manage a TV dinner that doesn't get freezer burn

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Cojawfee posted:

I haven't gotten very far in Fallout, I've only messed about for an hour or so after seeing a tiktok giving some tips on getting started. While the overall feeling of fallout is there, it feels like the parts I like about Fallout, all the little knick knacks and environmental story telling seem to be from the bethesda era games.

I think it was there but mostly in the form of text via dialogue, or object/location descriptions in the little display monitor feed in the GUI. There's *some* visual storytelling but I don't think they had the time/budget or personnel to add as many bespoke visual details as the 3D games. Fallout 2 did have marginally more.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fallout 76 has been a lot of fun to play with buds. Play that one. It’s good. It was maybe bad before but it it’s great fun now and it has mothman whcih rules

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tankbuster posted:

The issue with the railroad is that they are abolitionists fighting a shadow war against the institute. Their idea is pretty straightforward. They are helping slaves with the help of other outcasts like goodneighbor. Whatever else happens ending slavery by violent means is their goal. It's not really a mess of ideas unless you think that a focused org like that should have a full endstate plan.

The bladerunner aspect is played up in the DLC. In the base game the question it grapples with is "are these machines that look like people, feel like people and have inner lives like people less because they are industrially made to be slaves?" Railroad thinks no, BOS thinks they are abominations and Institute thinks they are just robots.

See I get what you are saying about the Railroad, but I felt their faction had the least depth where it could have been, and they just felt kinda there. Like "Android Abolitionists" should be way more interesting than it ends up being.

I feel like in particular Fallout 4 sometimes relies on Radiant quests way too hard to fill in faction stuff, and it gets boring real quick.

I really like the concept of the Railroad in theory, but in practice and execution, it was very whatever honestly, particularly their quest line.

I was hype to join them early on, only to find out they were like to me the least finished faction.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 22, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Argas posted:

Having watched it and mulled over it, the biggest goof up is the conflation of Shady Sands with the Boneyard. It's basically in the middle of nowhere, far to the north of the Boneyard. But in the show they never actually say it and there aren't any maps seen. And the characters just casually go to Shady Sands and then back to the Boneyard like it's nothing, while the handful of definite locations are right in the Boneyard. Also, it strikes me as really weird that there's a bunch of exposed Vault doors that are basically untouched and unmarred beyond the passage of time.

Food for my theory on the goof that just breaks my suspension of disbelief. The depictions of Shady Sand pre-nuking depict it with highrise-esque buildings, which just barrels straight through things I know. I'm not an expert so I'm definitely just pulling it out of my rear end here but that feels far beyond the tech level possible even after making leaps and bounds with salvaged tech. And Shady Sands was originally built in the middle of nowhere, no ruined buildings to reclaim. It'd be very simple to say that the nuking of the Boneyard's provincial capital sends the province into a downward spiral that the NCR is too busy with other issues (like the Mojave) to resolve. Bam. Los Angeles and the surrounding area basically becomes a big pocket of anarchy and chaos as order breaks down.

The absolute best detail and most sad thing is they made Siggi Wilzig wear a tie in the post-apocalypse.

It's just a contrivance so they can say the BOS, the most recognized part of the Fallout franchise, is also in this game. Other than that stuff, I do kind of like what it's going for even if everything else around the game is also clumsy contrivance to make people pay for more stuff.

Actually New Vegas explicitly states the NCR tech wise was doing quite well, to the point that they had mass production set up for weapons and vehicles, it's not beyond the realm of possibility Shady Sands and some other major states had some refurbished high rises. NCR most models itself after Pre Pre-War America, so that always checked out to me.

Though I will say that pre-nuked shady Sands looked like it had burnt out buildings behind the more smaller rebuilt buildings , I could be wrong though, would need to rewatch that scene.

Edit: yeah I rewatched the scene, the burnt out high rises are clearly behind Shady Sands in the flashback, as distant skyline

The NCR was like at least century ahead of the Legion in terms of tech and development of civilization in New Vegas, their main issues are manpower and their morale for an unpopular war, combined with the sheer cost of fighting a protracted campaign against a determined enemy far away from NCR main territory, for possibly little gain.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 22, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t give a poo poo about the games story. I follow my own story. And sometimes that story is I want a cool outfit so imma find it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

Actually New Vegas explicitly states the NCR tech wise was doing quite well, to the point that they had mass production set up for weapons and vehicles, it's not beyond the realm of possibility Shady Sands and some other major states had some refurbished high rises. NCR most models itself after Pre Pre-War America, so that always checked out to me.

Yeah, during vegas, NCR was clearly dysfunctional as hell, but it had clearly restarted industrial production to at least some extent. Particular for the capital that they would probably want to look nice, and would probably get more attention than other place.

Man power armour would make clearing up rubble and re-construction so much easier. Er, for the first floor at least.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Yeah, I liked that the whole thing with the Powder Gangers happened because the NCR was actively building railways into the Vegas region, to more efficiently handle their logistics as an industrial society

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, I liked that the whole thing with the Powder Gangers happened because the NCR was actively building railways into the Vegas region, to more efficiently handle their logistics as an industrial society

Yeah

It's not like if the NRC fully committed and got infrastructure running, they could not wipe the floor with the Legion in a direct conflict.

It's that the Legion fights dirty every chance they get, the NCR is overextended, and a lot their vehicles besides Vertibirds simply don't work for the Mojave environment.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

TulliusCicero posted:

I really like the concept of the Railroad in theory, but in practice and execution, it was very whatever honestly, particularly their quest line.

I was hype to join them early on, only to find out they were like to me the least finished faction.

The biggest problem with every faction in 4 is that you don't really get to engage with them in any interesting way. Every quest or conversation is just three flavors of "okey dokey" and one "no but maybe later" for dialog choices. You just ride along the rails until you hit a point where you have to choose one faction to stick with.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The biggest problem with every faction in 4 is that you don't really get to engage with them in any interesting way. Every quest or conversation is just three flavors of "okey dokey" and one "no but maybe later" for dialog choices. You just ride along the rails until you hit a point where you have to choose one faction to stick with.

This the most^

I always thought in particular it was ridiculous there was no way to remove Maxson as head of the BOS besides killing him and turning them hostile.

Like the factions themselves are interesting ideas, but the lack of interaction options really shows. New Vegas felt like you were directly working with and learning a factions identity (and you could play them all against each other right to the end if you wanted!).

F4 has better factions than F3, but they feel so railroaded that you just kinda shrug.

I also think those Children of the Atom wierdos were interesting and should have had a bigger part of the plot. I know they do in Far Harbor

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also Railroad and particularly minutemen felt pretty under developed. I feel like you could've pretty easily lost one. Minutemen seems like it was just there so you had a Yes Man, if you screw everything up, you can still beat the main story line with them thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Minutemen and Railroad felt like they started with "historical organization but in the post-apocalypse" but ran into trouble fleshing them out further. Apparently the Minutemen were famous for defending Diamond City from a Mutant attack in the 2180s but I only know that from a loading screen.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I wonder if Wasteland 3 got a bump in sales at all. Play Wasteland 3, it's fun and goofy, if a little underbaked. Also the soundtrack is great. Best cover of "Everybody Have Fun Tonight", "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "Are You Washed in the Blood" all in the same place.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Aurubin posted:

I wonder if Wasteland 3 got a bump in sales at all. Play Wasteland 3, it's fun and goofy, if a little underbaked. Also the soundtrack is great. Best cover of "Everybody Have Fun Tonight", "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "Are You Washed in the Blood" all in the same place.

Seems like it did.

https://steamcharts.com/app/719040#1m

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I think the show does a good job at condemning hypocritical ways of thinking and acting. Vault-Tec destroys the world to "save it". Hank raises his children to have morals and principles and when asked to live up to that by example, he crumbles and leaves. Both Lucy and Norm idolize Hank, Lucy: If my dad knew I had taken a fusion core from a vault and damned everyone living in it, I couldn't look him in the eyes Norm: if my dad was here he would be the first one to feed the raider prisoners hope lies in the young generation, one brought up to act out their morals instead of just giving them empty lip service when things are convenient. Lots of stuff going on in my personal life ATM that really reinforces the idea that we are judged by our actions when things are hard, not the poo poo we say when things are essy.

I see this a lot around too. You see Millenials on down looking backwards and saying: "You fed us a steady diet of media to reinforce being kind, sharing, and treating people fairly. What do you mean "Not Like That" when we actually DO that stuff?" But, I also grew up in a Catholic community, so the Golden Rule Lucy talks about really resonates.

Aurubin posted:

I haven't seen it brought up but I really liked the BoS cleric, in as much as he was a piece of poo poo. That said, it was neat watching him manipulate? Max into giving up the location of the bubble fusion McGuffin. I'm bad at reading people to begin with, but I think he sounded sincere? Just that the BoS sucks, so obviously them having cold fusion isn't in the long-term benefit of anyone not in the BoS of course.

I don't think we're done with him yet. Characterwise, the writers can torture Max A LOT more with this. The most deliciously painful way I can think of actually starts with the nuking of Shady Sands. I think Hank went there to get his family back because he knew it was going to get nuked. When Rose wouldn't leave, he took the kids back to the vault with him and left her to her fate. I think the Brotherhood nuked Shady Sands. What Max sees when he emerges from the fridge is not a savior in BoS Power Armor, but one of the people who destroyed his home. They take him in, raise him, and fully expect him to end up as fodder. Probably what they did to any survivors of SS.

Max, however, survives and has, by ep 8, distinguished himself somewhat in the ranks. He's not the perfect knight, though. And he's demonstrated a disturbing lack of blind obedience. He left a full suit of power armor outside Vault 4, and he had given them back their power core. Both of those are things the BoS will not allow to stand. Furthermore, we know that Max would have been happy to stay with the weird but nice people and ignore the strange things. The Elder is going to want Max to prove his loyalty. What better way than to go back to vault 4, reclaim the armor, liberate the technology from the vault, and clean up the problem. Yes, that means many people in Vault 4 will die. Yes, it means the cryogenically frozen gulper mothers will end up painfully devoured by their forced birth offspring. But these are things that happen when trying to protect people from using pre-war tech. And, if Max is a good Knight, he will do it, or he will die.

Max's story with the Brotherhood will come full circle. They will have destroyed his first home, and they will force him to destroy his second, chosen, home of Vault 4. And Max has displayed enough morally questionable behaviors that we reach a branch. Depending on how they choose for his story with Lucy to go, he'll either refuse and return to her the disgraced but still wholesome boy. Or he'll follow through and it will set him up to be opposed by Lucy for the "soul of the Wasteland." A reverse Delores and Teddy in Season 2.

fps_nug posted:

Decided to try fallout 76 since it's free with Amazon prime right now, 112 gigs and the game can't get past the loving "signing in..." screen after 45 minutes of troubleshooting. Nice.

The Husband has been on a Fallout kick for the past several months. When Amazon offered FO1 for free, he got into it (and was very frustrated by dying repeatedly to groundhogs). He also got lured into 76 when Amazon offered it for free. And then he decided he didn't want to play it alone and asked me to play too. I had to download it through Steam (and luckily it was their Fallout sale) but ran into the loving forever Signing In screen. After some poking around (and asking myself if I REALLY wanted to do this), I figured out that my computer wasn't kicking me to the EULA agreement. I had to download it to the Steamdeck, agree to the EULA, get back on my computer, and finish logging in there. Now, I can log in, but I have to wait to do so until the opening cinematic moves to the second image or else the game freezes.

Bethesda. Bethesda never changes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TulliusCicero posted:

Though I will say that pre-nuked shady Sands looked like it had burnt out buildings behind the more smaller rebuilt buildings , I could be wrong though, would need to rewatch that scene.

Edit: yeah I rewatched the scene, the burnt out high rises are clearly behind Shady Sands in the flashback, as distant skyline

The NCR was like at least century ahead of the Legion in terms of tech and development of civilization in New Vegas, their main issues are manpower and their morale for an unpopular war, combined with the sheer cost of fighting a protracted campaign against a determined enemy far away from NCR main territory, for possibly little gain.

Refurbished highrises maybe, but newly built ones are what would completely blow up my suspension of disbelief. I mean, I'm not an expert on construction or anything so don't take my word as authoritative. Shady Sands was originally built in the middle of nowhere. Obviously the older games are a lot more abstract instead of literal but nothing about Shady Sands implies it being right next to ruins they could later refurbish, and a population in the 30k doesn't make it likely they could've expanded into ruins eventually.

SimonChris posted:

Don't they mention in 2 that Vault 8 got a ton of water chips but only one GECK, while Vault 13 got a single water chip but multiple GECKs? I think the experiment was resource distribution in this case. Vault 8 managed to get by with their single GECK, while the failure of the Vault 13 water chip forced them to interact with the outside.

I don't think Vault 13 had more than one GECK. IIRC it was a logistics error. Obviously that might be the cover-up. There's more evidence 13 was a control Vault from the Enclave stuff in Fallout 2.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

SimonChris posted:

The dozens of crates of water chips was a joke for the player. A guy in Vault City mentions the shipments were messed up and there was no chance to correct it. Both were intended as control vaults.

The Chosen One: "What about Vault 13? What was its purpose?"
Dick Richardson: "Ahh. Vault 13 was a special case. It was supposed to remain closed until the subjects were needed. Vault 13 was, in scientific parlance, a control group."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Minutemen and Railroad felt like they started with "historical organization but in the post-apocalypse" but ran into trouble fleshing them out further. Apparently the Minutemen were famous for defending Diamond City from a Mutant attack in the 2180s but I only know that from a loading screen.

This^

It's a problem I often have with Beth Fallout: the most interesting facts about a faction aren't told or shown to you, they are stated to you in a textbook on a loading screen

The pieces for those organizations to be really interesting, but they just don't come together in all that interesting a way.

A shame, I truly want to like Fallout 4, and I think it's far and away better than 3 as a story, at least vanilla, but it's just disappointing for how truly amazing it could be.

I might end up picking it up for cheap and playing Far Harbor and Nuka World, see if my opinion changes

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 22, 2024

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I've played two hours of Fallout 4, and about 30 minutes of Fallout 76 and that is all the Fallout I've ever played.

The show got me wanting to dive in and finally give the games a chance, so I tried booting up Fallout 4 - and well, it doesn't really work on ultrawide, but at least the update that fixes that is well timed so I can give it a shot this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TyrantWD posted:

I've played two hours of Fallout 4, and about 30 minutes of Fallout 76 and that is all the Fallout I've ever played.

The show got me wanting to dive in and finally give the games a chance, so I tried booting up Fallout 4 - and well, it doesn't really work on ultrawide, but at least the update that fixes that is well timed so I can give it a shot this weekend.

Just play new vegas. I played every fallout besides 76 and new vegas before this year. I finally played New Vegas earlier this year and its by far the best fallout.