Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is this from somewhere that doesn't usually get freeze? Because my man you learn at age loving two that you walk on the snow not the other bits. And, some years later, that you drive on the snow, not the other bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

And if you have to walk on ice, you do it elephant walk with feet going up-down up-down, not pendulum like. Lateral movement is for thighs and knees

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

iwentdoodie posted:

Before my carpal tunnel got so bad I had to quit, whenever I tried to play guitar in an open room my cat would get his face about 3" in front of the strings and loving scream every time the pick hit a string. Eventually he'd start trying to attack them.

He didn't do it with a bass or even a uke just guitars. Weird rear end animal.

My cat has hyperesthesia which I affectionately refer to as "being allergic to music", but she reacts to continuous talking sometimes too, like announcers from sports on TV. It's like certain frequencies that sets her off. We have guitars and a piano and she'll react to both, basically getting super twitchy with crawly skin and her tail flapping all over, and just agitated as hell, zooming around the room and attacking random objects. If you add singing on top of it she'll get all up in your face and sometimes grab your sleeve and start to tug on it. It's actually a seizure/epilepsy disorder so we got a prescription of gabapentin from the veterinarian, which chills her right out and stops any reactions. It's not serious enough for a full-time anticonvulsant but if your cat is showing similar symptoms it might be worth keeping an eye out for a progression of epilepsy symptoms.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

And if you have to walk on ice, you do it elephant walk with feet going up-down up-down, not pendulum like. Lateral movement is for thighs and knees

I thought you sat down and scooted along by pulling with your hands.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's another approach which we call curling (standing or back spinning variations exist)

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
We always get told to walk like a penguin in MN, and it works pretty well. Why walk like a 4 legged animal that rarely walks on ice, when you can walk like a 2 legged one with a lot more experience with snow/ice.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I levitate

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tagra posted:

My cat has hyperesthesia which I affectionately refer to as "being allergic to music", but she reacts to continuous talking sometimes too, like announcers from sports on TV. It's like certain frequencies that sets her off. We have guitars and a piano and she'll react to both, basically getting super twitchy with crawly skin and her tail flapping all over, and just agitated as hell, zooming around the room and attacking random objects. If you add singing on top of it she'll get all up in your face and sometimes grab your sleeve and start to tug on it. It's actually a seizure/epilepsy disorder so we got a prescription of gabapentin from the veterinarian, which chills her right out and stops any reactions. It's not serious enough for a full-time anticonvulsant but if your cat is showing similar symptoms it might be worth keeping an eye out for a progression of epilepsy symptoms.

Huh, good to know. He does have some neuro issues, his eyes twitch a little bit and he has weird issues with jumping, tail works opposite of other cats (his tail is always down unless there's food), but vet has never said anything or wanted to do anything additional testing wise since he's otherwise completely normal. I'll bring this up next time he goes in, thank you.

Bowie and his extremely large adopted sister, for reference.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

freeedr posted:

I levitate

Go hard. Go fast. Aim for something soft. Clear that poo poo.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is this from somewhere that doesn't usually get freeze? Because my man you learn at age loving two that you walk on the snow not the other bits. And, some years later, that you drive on the snow, not the other bits.

Just carry a salt shaker everywhere you go.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I would simply not live where water will freeze on its own accord.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Guyver posted:

One of my friend’s said the way to figure out where to live is strap a snow plow to the front of your car and drive south until people start asking what that thing on your car is.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Guyver posted:

Sometimes I think how nice it'd be to live somewhere that doesn't get brutal winter, but then I remember that it's a pleasant trade-off for earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes. Plus, I can ski and snowshoe.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

garthoneeye posted:

One of my friend’s said the way to figure out where to live is strap a snow plow to the front of your car and drive south until people start asking what that thing on your car is.

you could also ask if the area was known for its support of owning other people as property at any point in time previous.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

nvm: reading comprehension

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Lord Rupert posted:

We always get told to walk like a penguin in MN, and it works pretty well. Why walk like a 4 legged animal that rarely walks on ice, when you can walk like a 2 legged one with a lot more experience with snow/ice.

You mean these?
https://i.imgur.com/TtG8uYV.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/slztF1i.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZATCDGM.mp4

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man
Not a fair comparison, those penguins are clearly drunk. Look how much they're swaying.

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Now let’s see some iced elephants!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

you could also ask if the area was known for its support of owning other people as property at any point in time previous.
Sure, but that rules out just about anywhere humans have ever existed.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good call! Imma go to space, and be a space swamp witch. Now gently caress off.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

garthoneeye posted:

This is how you end up living in central TX :shepicide:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're right. They have no idea what a snow plow is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or Florida. It's the only state in the country that does not get snow annually.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's parts of other states that never get snow. Like California has mountains that get snow, but if you go to one of the places people actually live in, they don't get snow ever either.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Air Skwirl posted:

There's parts of other states that never get snow. Like California has mountains that get snow, but if you go to one of the places people actually live in, they don't get snow ever either.

I get that, but I mean FL basically never gets snow. 49 states get snow every year. Florida is the only one that does not at all, and when it does, it is typically nothing more than flurries at the northern border. It snows significantly more in Hawaii than in Florida.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I fuckin hated the weather growing up in Texas. If it’s going to get to 115 degrees you’d think at least you wouldn’t have a winter so you could have a nice varied garden, but nope. It’s -10 degrees now and anything that can’t grow in Minnesota is going to die. But you’re the lucky one because a tornado hasn’t killed you yet and you can still see all the dust and meth heads and confederates everywhere proudly proclaiming how proud they are to be ignorant.

Ok, flood time now and your town doesn’t know how to manage drainage anymore than they know how to treat roads in the ice storms

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Also the school system was moronic about snow days. I walked to school* with snow higher than my head all around because they didn’t close down. Then they decided to close down in the middle of the day without warning and tell everyone to come get their children.

* I lived like five houses away from the school; I didn’t have bad parents that just made me walk in blizzards

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

freeedr posted:

I fuckin hated the weather growing up in Texas. If it’s going to get to 115 degrees you’d think at least you wouldn’t have a winter so you could have a nice varied garden, but nope. It’s -10 degrees now and anything that can’t grow in Minnesota is going to die. But you’re the lucky one because a tornado hasn’t killed you yet and you can still see all the dust and meth heads and confederates everywhere proudly proclaiming how proud they are to be ignorant.

Ok, flood time now and your town doesn’t know how to manage drainage anymore than they know how to treat roads in the ice storms

ah someone else who grew up in the panhandle.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

He only managed $64k in 10 months even though he cheated lol.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Do you think he learned anything?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

wash bucket posted:

Do you think he learned anything?

Yeah, that homeless people are lazy because they don't call their rich friends to help their business ideas off the ground.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I get that, but I mean FL basically never gets snow. 49 states get snow every year. Florida is the only one that does not at all, and when it does, it is typically nothing more than flurries at the northern border. It snows significantly more in Hawaii than in Florida.

Are you saying it does actually, on rare occasions, snow in Florida?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ReelBigLizard posted:

He only managed $64k in 10 months even though he cheated lol.

You want to live like common people?
If you called your dad he'd could stop it all

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

pixaal posted:

You want to live like common people?
If you called your dad he'd could stop it all

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Air Skwirl posted:

Are you saying it does actually, on rare occasions, snow in Florida?

There are generational flurries, but that's it. There's a gap of 10+ years between each FL snow, usually. This last winter only had I think one period below 32 degrees for more than a few hours. Every other state gets snow annually.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are generational flurries, but that's it. There's a gap of 10+ years between each FL snow, usually. This last winter only had I think one period below 32 degrees for more than a few hours. Every other state gets snow annually.

So it does snow in Florida, just not every year. There's tons of places where it almost never snows but it might be regular for snow to happen within the state border. Arizona has mountains where it snows, but snow isn't a worry for Phoenix. Same with Las Vegas and Nevada as a state

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is mostly in the panhandle as you said but there's been 30 reported snow events in Florida this century: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_in_Florida

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Air Skwirl posted:

So it does snow in Florida, just not every year. There's tons of places where it almost never snows but it might be regular for snow to happen within the state border. Arizona has mountains where it snows, but snow isn't a worry for Phoenix. Same with Las Vegas and Nevada as a state

He didn't claim it never snows in Florida.
Arizona and Nevada have areas that get snow every year.
Florida has no areas that get snow every year.
Nobody gives a gently caress if it never snows in the inhabited parts of Arizona and Nevada because that is not what was said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sirotan posted:

It is mostly in the panhandle as you said but there's been 30 reported snow events in Florida this century: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_in_Florida

So we're counting sleet and freezing rain as snow now? :rip: